IPPP: Risks and Opportunities, An Economic Perspective
This article analyzes some of the issues raised by institutionalized public-private partnerships in an economic perspective.We demonstrate that although they may address some of the main limits of purely contractual public-private partnerships, such as the issues of control, know-how transfer, or additional financial cost, they may induce some intrinsic risks related to alterations of the contractual incentive structure and judicial challenges. Based on economic theory, we stem some recommendations and comments about the adequacy of legal requirements with economic normative views.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||10 Jul 2014|
|Publication status:||Published in European Procurement and Public Private Partnership Law Review (EPPPL), 2014, 2014 (2), pp.113-125|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-01022665|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marian W. Moszoro & Pablo T. Spiller, 2012. "Third-Party Opportunism and the Nature of Public Contracts," NBER Working Papers 18636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nuno F. da Cruz & Rui Cunha Marques, 2012. "Mixed companies and local governance: no man can serve two masters," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59778, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dewatripont, Mathias & Legros, Patrick, 2005.
"Public-private partnerships: contract design and risk transfer,"
5/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Patrick Legros, 2005. "Public-private partnerships: contract design and risk transfer," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/175947, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antje Burmeister, 1994. "Marchés publics et politique technologique : le concept de « demand-pull public »," Revue Française d'Économie, Programme National Persée, vol. 9(2), pages 187-220.
- Anthony E. BOARDMAN & Aidan R. VINING, 2012. "The Political Economy Of Public‐Private Partnerships And Analysis Of Their Social Value," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(2), pages 117-141, 06.
- Oliver Hart, 2003. "Incomplete Contracts and Public Ownership: Remarks, and an Application to Public-Private Partnerships," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 69-76, March.
- Oliver Hart, 2002. "Incomplete Contracts and Public Ownership: Remarks, and an Application to Public-Private Partnerships," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 02/061, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- A. Marra & N.F. Cruz & F. Fecher & R.C. Marques & Marian MOSZORO, 2014. "Efficient Public-Private Capital Structures," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(1), pages 103-126, 03.
- Alessandro MARRA, 2007. "Internal Regulation By Mixed Enterprises: The Case Of The Italian Water Sector," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 78(2), pages 245-275, 06.
- A. Marra & N.F. Cruz & F. Fecher & R.C. Marques & B. Guy PETERS & Jon PIERRE & Asbjørn RØISELAND, 2014. "Financial Gains And Value Loss? The Impacts Of Local Mixed Companies," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(1), pages 87-102, 03.
- Engel, Eduardo & Fischer, Ronald & Galetovic, Alexander, 2010. "The economics of infrastructure finance: Public-Private Partnerships versus public provision," EIB Papers 2/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 2010. "The economics of infrastructure finance: Public-private partnerships versus public provision," Documentos de Trabajo 276, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Frederic Marty & Arnaud Voisin, 2008. "Partnership contracts, project finance and information asymmetries: from competition for the contract to competition within the contract?," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2008-06, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Michel Mougeot & Florence Naegelen, 2007. "Was Chadwick right?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(2), pages 121-137, March.
- Florence Naegelen & Michel Mougeot, 2007. "Was Chadwick right?," Post-Print hal-00448453, HAL.
- Michel Mougeot & Florence Naegelen, 2007. "Was Chadwick right?," Post-Print hal-00448476, HAL.
- Schmidt, Klaus M, 1996. "The Costs and Benefits of Privatization: An Incomplete Contracts Approach," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-24, April.
- Schmidt, Klaus M., 1996. "The costs and benefits of privatization: An incomplete contracts approach," Munich Reprints in Economics 19773, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- A. Marra & N.F. Cruz & F. Fecher & R.C. Marques & N.F. CRUZ & R.C. MARQUES & A. MARRA & C. POZZI, 2014. "Local Mixed Companies: The Theory And Practice In An International Perspective," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(1), pages 1-9, 03.
- Nuno F. da Cruz & Rui Cunha Marques & A. Marra & C. Pozzi, 2014. "Local mixed companies: the theory and practice in an international perspective," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59794, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Philippe Burger & Ian Hawkesworth, 2011. "How To Attain Value for Money: Comparing PPP and Traditional Infrastructure Public Procurement," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 91-146.
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2012. "Risk allocation and the costs and benefits of public--private partnerships," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 43(3), pages 442-474, 09.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Martimort, David, 2011. "Risk Allocation and the Costs and Benefits of Public-Private Partnerships," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1104, CEPREMAP.
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2012. "Risk allocation and the costs and benefits of public--private partnerships," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00813153, HAL.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 2008. "Public-private partnerships and government spending limits," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 412-420, March.
- Eric Maskin & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Public-private Partnerships and Government Spending Limits," Economics Working Papers 0075, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 2006. "Public-Private Partnerships and Government Spending Limits," IDEI Working Papers 439, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30727607 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-01022665. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.