Quality Systems and Standards for a Competitive Edge
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maggie Xiaoyang Chen & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008.
"Regionalism in standards: good or bad for trade?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 838-863, August.
- Chen, Maggie Xiaoyang & Mattoo, Aaditya, 2004. "Regionalism in standards - good or bad for trade?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3458, The World Bank.
- Maggie X. Chen & Aaditya Mattoo, 2008. "Regionalism in Standards: Good or Bad for Trade?," Working Papers 2009-14, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Wood, Adrian, 1997. "Openness and Wage Inequality in Developing Countries: The Latin American Challenge to East Asian Conventional Wisdom," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 33-57, January.
- Ramos, Adrián, 1995. "Hacia la calidad total: la difusión de las Normas ISO de la Serie 9000 en la industria argentina," Oficina de la CEPAL en Buenos Aires (Estudios e Investigaciones) 28412, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Ramos, Adrián, 1995. "Hacia la calidad total: la difusión de las Normas ISO de la Serie 9000 en la industria argentina," Series Históricas 66, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- A.M. Lima, Marcos & Resende, Marcelo & Hasenclever, Lia, 2000. "Quality certification and performance of Brazilian firms: An empirical study," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 143-147, June.
- Terlaak, Ann & King, Andrew A., 2006. "The effect of certification with the ISO 9000 Quality Management Standard: A signaling approach," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 579-602, August.
- Neumayer, Eric & Perkins, Richard, 2005. "Uneven geographies of organizational practice: explaining the cross-national transfer and diffusion of ISO 9000," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 16271, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michal Grajek, 2004. "Diffusion of ISO 9000 Standards and International Trade," CIG Working Papers SP II 2004-16, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Chen, Maggie Xiaoyang & Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S., 2006. "Do standards matter for export success ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3809, The World Bank.
- Bernard M. Hoekman & Togan Sübidey, 2005. "Turkey : Economic Reform and Accession to the European Union," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7494.
- Christopher R. Turner & Gerald F. Ortmann & Michael C. Lyne, 2000. "Adoption of ISO 9000 quality assurance standards by South African agribusiness firms," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 295-307.
- Otsuki, Tsunehiro & Wilson, John S. & Sewadeh, Mirvat, 2001. "Saving two in a billion: : quantifying the trade effect of European food safety standards on African exports," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 495-514, October.
- Gaël Raballand & Enrique Aldaz-Carroll, 2007.
"How Do Differing Standards Increase Trade Costs? The Case of Pallets,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 685-702, April.
- Aldaz-Carroll,Enrique & Raballand,Gael J. R. F., 2005. "How do differing standards increase trade costs? The case of pallets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3519, The World Bank.
- Paulo Albuquerque & Bart J. Bronnenberg & Charles J. Corbett, 2007. "A Spatiotemporal Analysis of the Global Diffusion of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 Certification," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(3), pages 451-468, March.
- John S. Wilson & Victor O. Abiola, 2003. "Standards and Global Trade : A Voice for Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15131, June.
- David De Ferranti & Guillermo E. Perry & Indermit Gill & J. Luis Guasch & William F. Maloney & Carolina Sanchez-Paramo & Norbert Schady, 2003. "Closing the Gap in Education and Technology," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15168, June.
- Swann, Peter & Temple, Paul & Shurmer, Mark, 1996. "Standards and Trade Performance: The UK Experience," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1297-1313, September.
- Aldaz-Carroll, Enrique, 2006. "Regional approaches to better standards systems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3948, The World Bank.
- Sharma, Divesh S., 2005. "The association between ISO 9000 certification and financial performance," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 151-172.
- Ian Goldin & Kenneth Reinert, 2006. "Globalization for Development : Trade, Finance, Aid, Migration, and Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6996.
- World Bank, 2005. "World Development Indicators 2005," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12426, June.
- Cohen, Wesley M & Levinthal, Daniel A, 1989. "Innovation and Learning: The Two Faces of R&D," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(397), pages 569-596, September.
- Catherine Dolan & John Humphrey, 2004. "Changing governance patterns in the trade in fresh vegetables between Africa and the United Kingdom," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(3), pages 491-509, March.
- Schuurman, Hessel, 1997. "Quality management and competitiveness: the diffusion of the ISO 9000 standards in Latin America and recommendations for government strategies," Desarrollo Productivo 41, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- David Hummels & Peter J. Klenow, 2005. "The Variety and Quality of a Nation's Exports," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 704-723, June.
- Schmitz, Hubert, 1999. "Global Competition and Local Cooperation: Success and Failure in the Sinos Valley, Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1627-1650, September.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asl, 2003. "Small and medium enterprises across the globe : a new database," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3127, The World Bank.
- Knut Blind & Andre Jungmittag, 2005. "Trade and the impact of innovations and standards: the case of Germany and the UK," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(12), pages 1385-1398.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hezekiah Agwara & Philip Auerswald & Brian Higginbotham, 2014. "Algorithms and the Changing Frontier," NBER Working Papers 20039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jose Guilherme Reis & Thomas Farole, 2012. "Trade Competitiveness Diagnostic Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2248, June.
- Juan Miguel Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez, 2017. "Quality Management System and Firm Performance in an Emerging Economy: The Case of Colombian Manufacturing Industries," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 8260, Inter-American Development Bank.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:198:y:2018:i:c:p:50-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iñaki Heras-Saizarbitoria & Germán Arana & Ernesto Cilleruelo, 2013. "Adoption of ISO 9000 management standard in EU's transition economies: the case of the Baltic states," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 481-499, June.
- World Bank, 2008. "Bulgaria - Investment Climate Assessment : Volume 3. Technical Appendices," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7867, The World Bank.
- Hezekiah Agwara & Philip Auerswald & Brian Higginbotham, 2013. "Algorithms and the Changing Frontier," NBER Chapters,in: The Changing Frontier: Rethinking Science and Innovation Policy, pages 371-410 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2011. "Jamaica - Country Economic Memorandum : Unlocking Growth," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2756, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2008. "Bulgaria - Investment Climate Assessment : Volume 2. Detailed Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7868, The World Bank.
- Chandra, Vandana & Osorio Rodarte, Israel, 2009. "Options for Income-Enhancing Diversification in Burkina Faso," MPRA Paper 20928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate Sector Development - E-Business Social Protections and Labor - Labor Policies Science and Technology Development - Standards and Technical Regulations Information Security and Privacy Environmental Economics and Policies Environment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:6768. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.