Trade and the impact of innovations and standards: the case of Germany and the UK
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maskus, Keith E. & Wilson, John S. & Tsunehiro Otsuki, 2000. "Quantifying the impact of technical barriers to trade : a framework for analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2512, The World Bank.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 1994. "Localized technological change and the evolution of standards as economic institutions," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3-4), pages 195-216, December.
- Swann, Peter & Temple, Paul & Shurmer, Mark, 1996. "Standards and Trade Performance: The UK Experience," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1297-1313, September.
- Greenhalgh, Christine, 1990. "Innovation and Trade Performance in the United Kingdom," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(400), pages 105-118, Supplemen.
- Elhanan Helpman, 1998. "Explaining the structure of foreign trade: Where do we stand?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(4), pages 573-589, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Knut Blind, 2010. "The Role of Standards for Trade in Services: Hypotheses and First Insights," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Innovation and Services, chapter 22 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Kareem, Olayinka Idowu, 2016. "Food safety regulations and fish trade: Evidence from European Union-Africa trade relations," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 18-25.
- Knut Blind & Andre Jungmittag, 2008. "The impact of patents and standards on macroeconomic growth: a panel approach covering four countries and 12 sectors," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(1), pages 51-60, February.
- Maria Cipollina & Federica Demaria & Filomena Pietrovito, 2016.
"Determinants of Trade: the Role of Innovation in Presence of Quality Standards,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 455-475, December.
- Maria Cipollina & Federica Demaria & Filomena Pietrovito, 2015. "Determinants of trade: the role of innovation in presence of quality standards," Working Papers hal-01259114, HAL.
- Cipollina, M. & Demaria, F. & Pietrovito, F., 2015. "Determinants of trade: the role of innovation in presence of quality standards," Working Papers MOISA 201506, UMR MOISA : Marchés, Organisations, Institutions et Stratégies d'Acteurs : CIHEAM-IAMM, CIRAD, INRA, Montpellier SupAgro - Montpellier, France.
- J. Luis Guasch & Jean-Louis Racine & Isabel Sánchez & Makhtar Diop, 2007. "Quality Systems and Standards for a Competitive Edge," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6768.
- Chen, Natalie & Novy, Dennis, 2012.
"On the measurement of trade costs: direct vs. indirect approaches to quantifying standards and technical regulations,"
World Trade Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 401-414, July.
- Chen, Natalie & Novy, Dennis, 2012. "On the Measurement of Trade Costs: Direct vs. Indirect Approaches to Quantifying Standards and Technical Regulations," CEPR Discussion Papers 8883, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Natalie Chen & Dennis Novy, 2012. "On the Measurement of Trade Costs: Direct vs. Indirect Approaches to Quantifying Standards and Technical Regulations," CEP Discussion Papers dp1164, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Chen, Natalie & Novy, Dennis, 2012. "On the measurement of trade costs: direct vs. indirect approaches to quantifying standards and technical regulations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51509, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- MILEA, Camelia, 2015. "Connections Between Foreign Direct Investments And Research-Developmentinnovation Activity," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 19(1), pages 102-120.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813144415_0004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yuan Li & John C. Beghin, 2017.
"A meta-analysis of estimates of the impact of technical barriers to trade,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Nontariff Measures and International Trade, chapter 4, pages 63-77
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Li, Yuan & Beghin, John C., 2012. "A meta-analysis of estimates of the impact of technical barriers to trade," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 497-511.
- Li, Yuan & Beghin, John C., 2010. "A Meta-Analysis of Estimates of the Impact of Technical Barriers to Trade," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31968, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2007. "Does Patenting negatively impact on R&D investment?An international panel data assessment," FEP Working Papers 255, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- TAMURA Suguru, 2015. "What Decides the Lifespan of Standardized Technologies? The first look at de jure standards in Japan," Policy Discussion Papers 15012, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Graz Jean-Christophe & Hauert Christophe, 2014. "Beyond the transatlantic divide: the multiple authorities of standards in the global political economy of services," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 113-150, April.
- Olper, Alessandro & Curzi, Daniele & Pacca, Lucia, 2014.
"Do food standards affect the quality of EU imports?,"
Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 233-237.
- Alessandro Olper & Daniele Curzi & Lucia Pacca, 2013. "Do Food Standards Affect the Quality of EU Imports ?," LICOS Discussion Papers 33813, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- M. Choudhary & Paul Temple & Lei Zhao, 2013. "Taking the measure of things: the role of measurement in EU trade," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 40(1), pages 75-109, February.
- Bo Xiong & John C. Beghin, 2017.
"Stringent Maximum Residue Limits, Protectionism, and Competitiveness: The Cases of the US and Canada,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Nontariff Measures and International Trade, chapter 12, pages 193-207
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Xiong, Bo & Beghin, John C., 2012. "Stringent Maximum Residue Limits, Protectionism, and Competitiveness: The Cases of the US and Canada," Working Papers 142384, International Agricultural Trade Research Consortium.
- Xiong, Bo & Beghin, John C., 2012. "Stringent Maximum Residue Limits, Protectionism, and Competitiveness: The Cases of the US and Canada," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35584, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:scient:v:74:y:2008:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-008-0105-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- DeMaria, Federica & Franco, Chiara & Solferino, Nazaria, 2015. "Corruption and innovation: the mediating role of trade," AICCON Working Papers 139-2015, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- TAMURA Suguru, 2017. "Empirical Analysis: Technological character, type of function, and longevity of standardized knowledge," Policy Discussion Papers 17007, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Anders, Sven M. & Caswell, Julie A., 2006. "Assessing the Impact of Stricter Food Safety Standards on Trade: HACCP in U.S. Seafood Trade with the Developing World," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21338, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sven M. Anders & Julie A. Caswell, 2007.
"Standards as Barriers Versus Standards as Catalysts: Assessing the Impact of HACCP Implementation on U.S. Seafood Imports,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(2), pages 310-321.
- Sven Anders & Julie Caswell, 2007. "Standards-as-Barriers versus Standards-as-Catalysts: Assessing the Impact of HACCP Implementation on U.S. Seafood Imports," Working Papers 2007-7, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Resource Economics.
- Mangelsdorf, Axel & Portugal-Perez, Alberto & Wilson, John S., 2012. "Food standards and exports: evidence for China," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 507-526, July.
- TAMURA Suguru, 2014. "The Dynamics and Determinants of De Jure Standards: Evidence from the electronic and electrical engineering industries," Policy Discussion Papers 14020, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- repec:spr:scient:v:96:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0870-y is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2008. "Bulgaria - Investment Climate Assessment : Volume 2. Detailed Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7868, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:37:y:2005:i:12:p:1385-1398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.