Natural Disasters — Blessings In Disguise?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bradford, Bruce M. & Robison, H. David, 1997. "Abnormal returns, risk, and financial statement data: The case of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 193-204.
- Hill, Joanne & Schneeweis, Thomas, 1983. " The Effect of Three Mile Island on Electric Utility Stock Prices: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1285-1292, September.
- Hood, Matthew & Kamesaka, Akiko & Nofsinger, John & Tamura, Teruyuki, 2013. "Investor response to a natural disaster: Evidence from Japan's 2011 earthquake," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 240-252.
- repec:bla:joares:v:28:y:1990:i:2:p:398-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Andrew H. & Siems, Thomas F., 2004. "The effects of terrorism on global capital markets," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 349-366, June.
- Carter, David A. & Simkins, Betty J., 2004. "The market's reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: the case of airline stock returns and the September 11th attacks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 539-558, September.
- Fields, M. Andrew & Janjigian, Vahan, 1989. "The effect of Chernobyl on electric-utility stock prices," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 81-87, January.
- Roger M. Shelor & Dwight C. Anderson & Mark L. Cross, 1990. "The Impact of the California Earthquake on Real Estate Firms' Stock Value," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(3), pages 335-340.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2008. "An adaptive regional input-output model and its application to the assessment of the economic cost of Katrina," Post-Print hal-00716550, HAL.
- Bowen, Robert M. & Castanias, Richard P. & Daley, Lane A., 1983. "Intra-Industry Effects of the Accident at Three Mile Island," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 87-111, March.
- Al Rahahleh, Naseem & Wei, Peihwang Philip, 2012. "The performance of frequent acquirers: Evidence from emerging markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 16-33.
- Lamb, Reinhold P, 1998. "An Examination of Market Efficiency around Hurricanes," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 163-172, February.
- Brown, Keith C. & Harlow, W. V. & Tinic, Seha M., 1988. "Risk aversion, uncertain information, and market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 355-385, December.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Klein, April & Rosenfeld, James, 1987. "The Influence of Market Conditions on Event-Study Residuals," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 345-351, September.
- Ozgur S. Ince & R. Burt Porter, 2006. "INDIVIDUAL EQUITY RETURN DATA FROM THOMSON DATASTREAM: HANDLE WITH CARE!," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 463-479.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural disasters; market returns; construction industry; non-life insurance industry; travel and leisure industry; cumulative abnormal returns;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:serxxx:v:61:y:2016:i:01:n:s021759081640004x. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/ser/ser.shtml .