Natural Disasters — Blessings In Disguise?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bradford, Bruce M. & Robison, H. David, 1997. "Abnormal returns, risk, and financial statement data: The case of the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 193-204.
- Hill, Joanne & Schneeweis, Thomas, 1983. " The Effect of Three Mile Island on Electric Utility Stock Prices: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1285-1292, September.
- Hood, Matthew & Kamesaka, Akiko & Nofsinger, John & Tamura, Teruyuki, 2013. "Investor response to a natural disaster: Evidence from Japan's 2011 earthquake," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 240-252.
- repec:bla:joares:v:28:y:1990:i:2:p:398-408 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Andrew H. & Siems, Thomas F., 2004. "The effects of terrorism on global capital markets," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 349-366, June.
- Carter, David A. & Simkins, Betty J., 2004. "The market's reaction to unexpected, catastrophic events: the case of airline stock returns and the September 11th attacks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 539-558, September.
- Fields, M. Andrew & Janjigian, Vahan, 1989. "The effect of Chernobyl on electric-utility stock prices," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 81-87, January.
- Roger M. Shelor & Dwight C. Anderson & Mark L. Cross, 1990. "The Impact of the California Earthquake on Real Estate Firms' Stock Value," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 5(3), pages 335-340.
- Stéphane Hallegatte, 2008. "An adaptive regional input-output model and its application to the assessment of the economic cost of Katrina," Post-Print hal-00716550, HAL.
- Bowen, Robert M. & Castanias, Richard P. & Daley, Lane A., 1983. "Intra-Industry Effects of the Accident at Three Mile Island," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(01), pages 87-111, March.
- Al Rahahleh, Naseem & Wei, Peihwang Philip, 2012. "The performance of frequent acquirers: Evidence from emerging markets," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 16-33.
- Lamb, Reinhold P, 1998. "An Examination of Market Efficiency around Hurricanes," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 163-172, February.
- Brown, Keith C. & Harlow, W. V. & Tinic, Seha M., 1988. "Risk aversion, uncertain information, and market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 355-385, December.
- Mark Skidmore & Hideki Toya, 2002. "Do Natural Disasters Promote Long-Run Growth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(4), pages 664-687, October.
- Klein, April & Rosenfeld, James, 1987. "The Influence of Market Conditions on Event-Study Residuals," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 345-351, September.
- Ozgur S. Ince & R. Burt Porter, 2006. "INDIVIDUAL EQUITY RETURN DATA FROM THOMSON DATASTREAM: HANDLE WITH CARE!," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 463-479.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural disasters; market returns; construction industry; non-life insurance industry; travel and leisure industry; cumulative abnormal returns;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:serxxx:v:61:y:2016:i:01:n:s021759081640004x. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscinet.com/ser/ser.shtml .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.