Contagion effects in the electric utility industry following the Fukushima nuclear accident
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hill, Joanne & Schneeweis, Thomas, 1983. "The Effect of Three Mile Island on Electric Utility Stock Prices: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1285-1292, September.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010.
"How does the stock market respond to petrochemical disasters?,"
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How does the stock market respond to petrochemical disasters?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00696984, HAL.
- Zeckhauser, Richard J, 1996. "The Economics of Catastrophes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 113-140, May.
- Bowen, Robert M. & Castanias, Richard P. & Daley, Lane A., 1983. "Intra-Industry Effects of the Accident at Three Mile Island," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 87-111, March.
- Jacob Thomas & Frank Zhang, 2008. "Overreaction to Intra‐industry Information Transfers?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 909-940, September.
- Binder, Jj, 1985. "On The Use Of The Multivariate Regression-Model In Event Studies," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 370-383.
- Matthew Kahn, 2007. "Environmental disasters as risk regulation catalysts? The role of Bhopal, Chernobyl, Exxon Valdez, Love Canal, and Three Mile Island in shaping U.S. environmental law," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 17-43, August.
- Tseng-Chung Tang, 2010. "Effects of announcements of reorganization outcome," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(9), pages 1113-1124.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Laguna, Marie-Aude, 2010.
"How does the stock market respond to chemical disasters?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 192-205, March.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Post-Print halshs-00637961, HAL.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00637961, HAL.
- Fields, M. Andrew & Janjigian, Vahan, 1989. "The effect of Chernobyl on electric-utility stock prices," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 81-87, January.
- McConnell, John J. & Muscarella, Chris J., 1985. "Corporate capital expenditure decisions and the market value of the firm," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 399-422, September.
- Foster, George, 1981. "Intra-industry information transfers associated with earnings releases," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 201-232, December.
- Chen, Carl R., 1984. "The structural stability of the market model after the Three Mile Island accident," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 133-140, February.
- Melicher, Ronald W. & Rush, David F. & Winn, Daryl N., 1976. "Degree of Industry Concentration and Market Risk-Return Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 627-635, November.
- Barrett, W Brian & Heuson, Andrea J & Kolb, Robert W, 1986. "The Effect of Three Mile Island on Utility Bond Risk Premia: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(1), pages 255-261, March.
- Stephen W. Pruitt & Wuttipan Tawarangkoon & K. C. John Wei, 1987. "Chernobyl, commodities, and chaos: An examination of the reaction of commodity futures prices to evolving information," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 555-569, October.
- Spudeck, Raymond E. & Moyer, R. Charles, 1989. "A note on the stock market's reaction to the accident at three mile island," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 235-240, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Corbet, Shaen & Larkin, Charles & McMullan, Caroline, 2020. "The impact of industrial incidents on stock market volatility," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Zhe Ouyang & Jiuchang Wei & Dingtao Zhao, 2017. "Stock market’s reaction to self-disclosure of work safety accidents: an empirical study in China," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 1611-1626, July.
- Valizadeh, Pourya & Karali, Berna & Ferreira, Susana, 2017. "Ripple effects of the 2011 Japan earthquake on international stock markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 556-576.
- Sandrine Boulerne & Jean-Philippe Lafontaine & Bruno Pecchioli, 2016. "Fukushima, quel impact sur les entreprises françaises cotées de la filière de production d'électricité d'origine nucléaire ?," Post-Print hal-01902423, HAL.
- Welsch, Heinz, 2016.
"Electricity Externalities, Siting, and the Energy Mix: A Survey,"
International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 10(1), pages 57-94, November.
- Heinz Welsch, 2016. "Electricity Externalities, Siting, and the Energy Mix: A Survey," Working Papers V-394-16, University of Oldenburg, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2016.
- Liu, Haiyan & Ferreira, Susana & Karali, Berna, 2015. "Hurricanes as News? A Comparison of the Impact of Hurricanes on Stock Returns of Energy Companies," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196845, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Bigerna, Simona & Bollino, Carlo Andrea & Ciferri, Davide & Polinori, Paolo, 2017. "Renewables diffusion and contagion effect in Italian regional electricity markets: Assessment and policy implications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 199-211.
- Lopatta, Kerstin & Kaspereit, Thomas, 2014. "The cross-section of returns, benchmark model parameters, and idiosyncratic volatility of nuclear energy firms after Fukushima Daiichi," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 125-136.
- Corbet, Shaen & Larkin, Charles & McMullan, Caroline, 2018. "Chemical industry disasters and the sectoral transmission of financial market contagion," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 490-501.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:45:y:2013:i:24:p:3421-3430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.