Hurricanes as News? A Comparison of the Impact of Hurricanes on Stock Returns of Energy Companies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Fink, Jason D. & Fink, Kristin E. & Russell, Allison, 2010. "When and how do tropical storms affect markets? The case of refined petroleum," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1283-1290, November.
- André Betzer & Markus Doumet & Ulf Rinne, 2013.
"How policy changes affect shareholder wealth: the case of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear disaster,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(8), pages 799-803, May.
- André Betzer & Markus Doumet & Ulf Rinne, 2011. "How Policy Changes Affect Shareholder Wealth: The Case of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp11011, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Betzer, André & Doumet, Markus & Rinne, Ulf, 2011. "How Policy Changes Affect Shareholder Wealth: The Case of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster," IZA Discussion Papers 5896, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Lopatta, Kerstin & Kaspereit, Thomas, 2014. "The cross-section of returns, benchmark model parameters, and idiosyncratic volatility of nuclear energy firms after Fukushima Daiichi," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 125-136.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- John J. Binder, 1985. "Measuring the Effects of Regulation with Stock Price Data," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(2), pages 167-183, Summer.
- Fama, Eugene F, et al, 1969. "The Adjustment of Stock Prices to New Information," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Houdou Basse Mama & Alexander Bassen, 2013. "Contagion effects in the electric utility industry following the Fukushima nuclear accident," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3421-3430, August.
- Jason Fink & Kristin Fink, 2014. "Do Seasonal Tropical Storm Forecasts Affect Crack Spread Prices?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(5), pages 420-433, May.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics and Policy; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:saea15:196845. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/saeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.