The Effect of Three Mile Island on Electric Utility Stock Prices: A Note
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi & Kobayashi, Takeshi, 2002. "Do Japanese Insurers Benefit from A Catastrophic Event?: Market Reactions to the 1995 Hanshin-Awaji Earthquake," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 92-108, March.
- John Cawley & John A. Rizzo, 2005. "The Competitive Effects of Drug Withdrawals," NBER Working Papers 11223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baniak Andrzej & Grajzl Peter, 2013.
"Equilibrium and Welfare in a Model of Torts with Industry Reputation Effects,"
Review of Law & Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(2), pages 265-302, October.
- Andrzej Baniak & Peter Grajzl, 2012. "Equilibrium and Welfare in a Model of Torts with Industry Reputation Effects," CEU Working Papers 2012_4, Department of Economics, Central European University, revised 10 Apr 2012.
- Scholtens, Bert & Boersen, Arieke, 2011. "Stocks and energy shocks: The impact of energy accidents on stock market value," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1698-1702.
- Capelle-Blancard, Gunther & Laguna, Marie-Aude, 2010.
"How does the stock market respond to chemical disasters?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 192-205, March.
- Marie-Aude Laguna & Gunther Capelle-Blancard, 2010. "How Does the Stock Market Respond to Chemical Disasters?," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00637961, HAL.
- Kawashima, Shingo & Takeda, Fumiko, 2012. "The effect of the Fukushima nuclear accident on stock prices of electric power utilities in Japan," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 2029-2038.
- Grossi, Luigi & Waterson, Michael, 2013. "German Energy Market Fallout from the Japanese Earthquake," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 157, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- repec:eee:ecofin:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:546-563 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lopatta, Kerstin & Kaspereit, Thomas, 2014. "The cross-section of returns, benchmark model parameters, and idiosyncratic volatility of nuclear energy firms after Fukushima Daiichi," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 125-136.
- Grossi, Luigi & Heim, Sven & Waterson, Michael, 2014.
"A vision of the European energy future? The impact of the German response to the Fukushima earthquake,"
The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS)
1047, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Grossi, Luigi & Heim, Sven & Waterson, Michael, 2014. "A vision of the European energy future? The impact of the German response to the Fukushima earthquake," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-051, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Ilić, Dragan & Mollet, Janick Christian, 2015. "Voluntary Corporate Climate Initiatives and Regulatory Loom: Batten Down the Hatches," Working papers 2015/06, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Blose, Laurence E. & Bornkamp, Robin & Brier, Marci & Brown, Kendis & Frederick, Jerry, 1996. "Catastrophic events, contagion, and stock market efficiency: the case of the space shuttle challenger," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 117-129.
- Kim Eun-Hee & Lyon Thomas, 2011. "When Does Institutional Investor Activism Increase Shareholder Value?: The Carbon Disclosure Project," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-29, August.
- Dragan Ilic & Janick Christian Mollet, 2016. "Voluntary Corporate Climate Initiatives and Regulatory Loom: Batten Down the Hatches," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/261, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- André Betzer & Markus Doumet & Ulf Rinne, 2013.
"How policy changes affect shareholder wealth: the case of the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear disaster,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(8), pages 799-803, May.
- Betzer, André & Doumet, Markus & Rinne, Ulf, 2011. "How Policy Changes Affect Shareholder Wealth: The Case of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster," IZA Discussion Papers 5896, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- André Betzer & Markus Doumet & Ulf Rinne, 2011. "How Policy Changes Affect Shareholder Wealth: The Case of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp11011, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Ran Lu-Andrews & John L. Glascock, 2017. "Liquidity, Price Behavior, and Market-related Events," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 43(2), pages 318-351, March.
- Hardjo Koerniadi & Chandrasekhar Krishnamurti & Alireza Tourani-Rad, 2016. "Natural Disasters — Blessings In Disguise?," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(01), pages 1-17, March.
- José Moneva & Beatriz Cuellar, 2009. "The Value Relevance of Financial and Non-Financial Environmental Reporting," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 44(3), pages 441-456, November.
- Nandy, Monomita & Lodh, Suman, 2012. "Do banks value the eco-friendliness of firms in their corporate lending decision? Some empirical evidence," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 83-93.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/3187 is not listed on IDEAS
- İsmail Aktar, 2005. "A Comparison of the Effects of the Chernobyl and Three Mile Island Nuclear Accidents on the U.S. Electric Utility Industry," Sosyoekonomi Journal, Sosyoekonomi Society, issue 2005-2.
- Geoffrey S. Rothwell, 1989. "Stock Market Reaction To Nuclear Reactor Failures," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 7(3), pages 96-106, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:38:y:1983:i:4:p:1285-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.