Interregional Inequality Dynamics in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanson, Gordon H., 1998. "Regional adjustment to trade liberalization," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 419-444, July.
- Masahisa Fujita & Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 2001. "The Spatial Economy: Cities, Regions, and International Trade," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262561476, January.
- Amos, Orley M., Jr., 1983. "The Relationship Between Regional Income Inequality, Personal Income Inequality, and Development," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 13(1).
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'erba, 2006.
"Evaluating the Temporal and Spatial Heterogeneity of the European Convergence Process, 1980-1999,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 269-288.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'Erba, 2006. "Evaluating the temporal and spatial heterogeneity of the European convergence process: 1980-1999," Post-Print hal-00401245, HAL.
- Julie Le Gallo & Sandy Dall'Erba, 2006. "Evaluating the temporal and spatial heterogeneity of the European convergence process : 1980-1999," Post-Print hal-00485016, HAL.
- Bernard Fingleton & Enrique López-Bazo, 2006. "Empirical growth models with spatial effects," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 177-198, June.
- Haddad, Eduardo A. & Domingues, Edson P. & Perobelli, Fernando S., 2002. "Regional effects of economic integration: the case of Brazil," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 453-482, August.
- William Levernier & Dan S. Rickman & Mark D. Partridge, 1995. "Variation in U.S. State Income Inequality: 1960-1990," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 18(3), pages 355-378, July.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1998.
"North American Economic Integration and Industry Location,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 30-44, Summer.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1998. "North American Economic Integration and Industry Location," NBER Working Papers 6587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fan, C Cindy & Casetti, Emilio, 1994. "The Spatial and Temporal Dynamics of U.S. Regional Income Inequality, 1950-1989," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 28(2), pages 177-196.
- Carlino Gerald & Defina Robert, 1995. "Regional Income Dynamics," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 88-106, January.
- Mills, Jeffrey A & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1997.
"Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 133-150, March-Apr.
- Jeffrey A. Mills & Sourushe Zandvakili, 1999. "Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality," Macroeconomics 9902003, EconWPA.
- Bernard Fingleton, 2003. "Externalities, Economic Geography, And Spatial Econometrics: Conceptual And Modeling Developments," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 26(2), pages 197-207, April.
- Cesar Patricio Bouillon & Arianna Legovini & Nora Lustig, 2003. "Rising Inequality in Mexico: Household Characteristics and Regional Effects," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 112-133.
- Sergio Rey & Brett Montouri, 1999. "US Regional Income Convergence: A Spatial Econometric Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 143-156.
- Patricio Aroca & Mariano Bosch & William F. Maloney, 2005.
"Spatial Dimensions of Trade Liberalization and Economic Convergence: Mexico 1985--2002,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(3), pages 345-378.
- Aroca, Patricio & Bosch, Mariano & Maloney, William F., 2005. "Spatial dimensions of trade liberalization and economic convergence : Mexico 1985-2002," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3744, The World Bank.
- Ravi Kanbur & Xiaobo Zhang, 2005. "Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: a Journey Through Central Planning, Reform, and Openness," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 87-106, February.
- Sergio J. Rey & Mark V. Janikas, 2005. "Regional convergence, inequality, and space," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176, April.
- Richard Morrill, 2000. "Geographic variation in change in income inequality among US states, 1970-1990," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(1), pages 109-130.
- Paul Krugman, 1999. "The Role of Geography in Development," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 22(2), pages 142-161, August.
- Lopez-Alonso, Moramay & Condey, Raul Porras, 2003. "The ups and downs of Mexican economic growth: the biological standard of living and inequality, 1870-1950," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 169-186, June.
- Anthony Shorrocks & Guanghua Wan, 2005. "Spatial decomposition of inequality," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 59-81, January.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
" Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(4), pages 427-443, December.
- Quah, Danny, 1993. "Galton's Fallacy and Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis," CEPR Discussion Papers 820, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Levernier, William, 1996. "Trends in U.S. income inequality: Evidence from a panel of states," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 17-37.
- Ramajo, Julián & Márquez, Miguel A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D. & Salinas, María M., 2008. "Spatial heterogeneity and interregional spillovers in the European Union: Do cohesion policies encourage convergence across regions?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 551-567, April.
- Jan Oosterhaven & Gerard Eding & Dirk Stelder, 2001. "Clusters, Linkages and Interregional Spillovers: Methodology and Policy Implications for the Two Dutch Mainports and the Rural North," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 809-822.
- Takahiro Akita, 2001. "Regional Income Inequality in China: A Two-Stage Nested Inequality Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers EMS_2001_05, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rey, Sergio, 2016. "Space-time patterns of rank concordance: Local indicators of mobility association with application to spatial income inequality dynamics," MPRA Paper 69480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10605 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pedro J. Martínez Alanis, 2012. "Distorsiones regionales en la asignación de recursos y productividad de las manufacturas en México," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 27(1), pages 3-59.
- Sergio Rey, 2014. "Fast algorithms for a space-time concordance measure," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 799-811, June.
- repec:asg:wpaper:1028 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reyna, Janet L. & Chester, Mikhail V. & Rey, Sergio J., 2016. "Defining geographical boundaries with social and technical variables to improve urban energy assessments," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 742-754.
- Juan Gabriel Brida & Juan Pereyra & Martín Puchet Anyul & Wiston Adrián Risso, 2011. "Regímenes de desempeño económico y dualismo estructural en la dinámica de las entidades federativas de México, 1970 - 2006," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1011, Department of Economics - dECON.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional inequality; spatial effects; Mexico; C21; N16;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- N16 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Latin America; Caribbean
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:specan:v:5:y:2010:i:3:p:277-298. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RSEA20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.