Spatial dimensions of trade liberalization and economic convergence : Mexico 1985-2002
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Patricio Aroca & Mariano Bosch & William F. Maloney, 2005. "Spatial Dimensions of Trade Liberalization and Economic Convergence: Mexico 1985--2002," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(3), pages 345-378.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davis, Donald R. & David E. Weinstein & Scott C. Bradford & Kazushige Shimpo, 1997. "Using International and Japanese Regional Data to Determine When the Factor Abundance Theory of Trade Works," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 421-446, June.
- William Maloney & Daniel Lederman & Luis Servén, 2005.
"Lessons from NAFTA: For Latin America and the Caribbean,"
IDB Publications (Books),
Inter-American Development Bank, number 59478, February.
- Daniel Lederman & William F. Maloney & Luis Servén, 2004. "Lessons from NAFTA for Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14457, September.
- Quah, Danny, 1993. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 426-434, April.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical Cross-Section Dynamics in Economic Growth," FMG Discussion Papers dp154, Financial Markets Group.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- repec:idb:idbbks:343 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:idb:brikps:59478 is not listed on IDEAS
- Enrique Lopez Bazo & Esther Vaya Valcarce & Antonio Jose Mora & Jordi Surinach Caralt, 1997. "Regional economic dynamics and convergence in the european union," Working Papers in Economics 12, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Quah, Danny, 1997. "Empirics for Growth and Distribution: Stratification, Polarization, and Convergence Clubs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- de la Fuente, Angel, 1997. "The empirics of growth and convergence: A selective review," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 23-73, January.
- de la Fuente, A., 1995. "The Empirics of Growth and Convergence: A Selective Review," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 294.95, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- de la Fuente, Angel, 1995. "The Empirics of Growth and Convergence: A Selective Review," CEPR Discussion Papers 1275, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hanson, Gordon H, 1997. "Increasing Returns, Trade and the Regional Structure of Wages," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(440), pages 113-133, January.
- Bickenbach, Frank & Bode, Eckhardt, 2001. "Markov or not Markov - this should be a question," Kiel Working Papers 1086, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Maloney, William F. & Azevedo, Rodrigo R., 1995. "Trade reform, uncertainty, and export promotion: Mexico 1982-88," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 67-89, October.
- Eduardo Lora & Alejandro Gaviria & John Luke Gallup, 2003. "Is Geography Destiny?: Lessons from Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 343, March.
- Bernstein, Jeffrey R. & Weinstein, David E., 2002. "Do endowments predict the location of production?: Evidence from national and international data," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 55-76, January.
- Jeffrey R. Bernstein & David E. Weinstein, 1998. "Do Endowments Predict the Location of Production? Evidence from National and International Data," NBER Working Papers 6815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigné, Carl & Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2003. "Inter-regional and International Trade: Seventy Years After Ohlin," CEPR Discussion Papers 4065, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bulli, Sandra, 2001. "Distribution Dynamics and Cross-Country Convergence: A New Approach," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 48(2), pages 226-243, May.
- repec:idb:idbbks:345 is not listed on IDEAS
- Quah, Danny T, 1997. "Empirics for Growth and Distribution: Stratification, Polarization, and Convergence Clubs," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 27-59, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gregory BROCK & Constantin OGLOBLIN, 2015. "A Stochastic Walk Down Mexico’S Mesoamerican Frontier, 1990-2011," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 15(2), pages 99-114.
- García Callejas, Danny, 2011. "Per Capita GDP Convergence in South America, 1960-2007," BORRADORES DEPARTAMENTO DE ECONOMÍA 008983, UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE.
- Rey, Sergio, 2016. "Space-time patterns of rank concordance: Local indicators of mobility association with application to spatial income inequality dynamics," MPRA Paper 69480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carolina Guevara, 2015. "The effect of trade on agglomeration within regions," Working Papers 1530, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique Lyon St-Étienne (GATE Lyon St-Étienne), Université de Lyon.
- Baylis, Kathy & Garduño-Rivera, Rafael & Piras, Gianfranco, 2012.
"The distributional effects of NAFTA in Mexico: Evidence from a panel of municipalities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 286-302.
- Baylis, Katherine R. & Garduno-Rivera, Rafael & Piras, Gianfranco, 2009. "The distributional effects of NAFTA in Mexico: evidence from a panel of municipalities," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49463, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Alberto Díaz Dapena & Esteban Fernández Vázquez & Rafael Garduño Rivera & Fernando Rubiera Morollón, 2015.
"Does Trade Imply Convergence? Analyzing The Effect of NAFTA on The Local Convergence in Mexico,"
DTE 591, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Alberto DÃaz Dapena & Esteban Fernandez Vazquez & Rafael GarduÃ±o & Fernando Rubiera MorollÃ³n, 2015. "Does trade imply convergence? Analyzing the effect of NAFTA on the local convergence in Mexico," ERSA conference papers ersa15p282, European Regional Science Association.
- José Aguilar-Retureta, 2015. "Regional income distribution in Mexico: new long-term evidence, 1895-2010," UB Economics Working Papers 2015/323, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB Economics.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2012. "Agglomeration and the location choice of foreign direct investment: new evidence from manufacturing FDI in Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 27(1), pages 61-97.
- Maloney, William F. & Valencia, Felipe Caicedo, 2014.
"Engineers, Innovative Capacity and Development in the Americas,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8271, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William F. Maloney & Felipe Valencia Caicedo, 2014. "Engineers, Innovative Capacity and Development in the Americas," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 011948, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Valencia Caicedo,Felipe & Maloney,William F., 2014. "Engineers, Innovative Capacity and Development in the Americas," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6814, The World Bank.
- Becker, Julia-Maria, 2014. "The Impact of the Crisis of 2008 on Women`s and Men`s Income in Mexico," MPRA Paper 57964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jacob A. Jordaan, 2008. "State Characteristics and the Locational Choice of Foreign Direct Investment: Evidence from Regional FDI in Mexico 1989-2006," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 389-413.
- Jacob Jordaan & Eduardo Rodriguez-Oreggia, 2012. "Regional growth in Mexico under trade liberalisation: how important are agglomeration and FDI?," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 48(1), pages 179-202, February.
- Jaime Alfredo Bonet & Fabio Rueda, 2012. "Esfuerzo fiscal en los estados mexicanos," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 64598, Inter-American Development Bank.
- William F. Maloney & Felipe Valencia Caicedo, 2012.
"The Persistence of (Subnational) Fortune: Geography, Agglomeration, and Institutions in the New World,"
010017, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Maloney, William F. & Caicedo, Felipe Valencia, 2012. "The persistence of (subnational) fortune : geography, agglomeration, and institutions in the new world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6187, The World Bank.
- Alejandro Del Valle, 2013. "Is Formal Employment Discouraged by the Provision of Free. Health Services to the Uninsured ? Evidence From a Natural Experiment in Mexico," PSE Working Papers halshs-00838000, HAL.
- Maroula Khraiche, 2009. "Trade, Firm Structure, and Migration of Talent," Working papers 2009-35, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Brock, Gregory & German-Soto, Vicente, 2013. "Regional industrial growth in Mexico: Do human capital and infrastructure matter?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 228-242.
- Sergio Rey & Myrna Sastré-Gutiérrez, 2010. "Interregional Inequality Dynamics in Mexico," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 277-298.
- Carolina Guevara, 2015. "The effect of trade on agglomeration within regions," Working Papers halshs-01233389, HAL.
- Modrego, Félix & Berdegué, Julio A., 2015. "A Large-Scale Mapping of Territorial Development Dynamics in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 11-31.
- Khraiche, Maroula, 2014. "Trade, capital adjustment and the migration of talent," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 24-40.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Urban Governance and Management; Regional Governance; Inequality; Economic Conditions and Volatility;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2005-12-14 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-INT-2005-12-14 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3744. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .