Is Geography Destiny? Lessons from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grafe, Regina & Irigoin, Maria Alejandra, 2006.
"The Spanish Empire and its legacy: fiscal redistribution and political conflict in colonial and post-colonial Spanish America,"
Journal of Global History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(02), pages 241-267, July.
- Grafe, Regina & Irigoin, Maria Alejandra, 2006. "The Spanish Empire and its legacy: fiscal re-distribution and political conflict in colonial and post-colonial Spanish America," Economic History Working Papers 22467, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Carlos Azzoni & Aquiles Kalatzis, 2010. "Incorporating demand-side aspects into regional policy: variations in the importance of private investment decision factors across regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Alejandra Montoya-Agudelo & Felipe Bedoya-Maya, 2017. "An Uphill Battle: The Relationship Between Geography and Terrorism," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 015759, Universidad EAFIT.
- Neave O'Clery & Eduardo Lora, 2016. "City Size, Distance and Formal Employment," CID Working Papers 77, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Carlos Roberto Azzoni & Aquiles Kalatzis, 2006. "Regional Differences in the Determinants of Investment Decisions of Private Firms in Brazil," ERSA conference papers ersa06p161, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:oup:jecgeo:v:17:y:2017:i:6:p:1209-1249. is not listed on IDEAS
- Patricio Aroca & Mariano Bosch & William F. Maloney, 2005.
"Spatial Dimensions of Trade Liberalization and Economic Convergence: Mexico 1985--2002,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(3), pages 345-378.
- Aroca, Patricio & Bosch, Mariano & Maloney, William F., 2005. "Spatial dimensions of trade liberalization and economic convergence : Mexico 1985-2002," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3744, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2005. "Bolivia : Country Economic Memorandum, Policies to Improve Growth and Employment," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8399, The World Bank.
- Michajlova, Tatjana, 2012. "Where russians should live: a counterfactual alternative to Soviet location policy," EconStor Preprints 121959, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Leopoldo Fergusson & Carlos Molina & James A. Robinson & Juan F. Vargas, 2017. "The Long Shadow of the Past: Political Economy of Regional Inequality in Colombia," Documentos CEDE 015445, Universidad de los Andes - CEDE.
- Ignatius Madu, 2009. "The environmental impacts of regional disparity in population and wealth distribution in Nigeria," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 265-276, April.
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez & Bauyrzhan Yedgenov, 2017.
"Reexamining the determinants of fiscal decentralization: what is the role of geography?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 17(6), pages 1209-1249.
- Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez, 2012. "Reexamining The Determinants Of Fiscal Decentralization: What Is The Role Of Geography?," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1211, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Lykke E. Andersen & Osvaldo Nina, 2007. "Geographical Constraints to Growth in Bolivia," Development Research Working Paper Series 05/2007, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsEarth Sciences and GIS Economic Theory and Research Health Monitoring and Evaluation Environmental Economics and Policies Health Economics and Finance Health; Nutrition and Population;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:14454. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Thomas Breineder to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.