Incorporating demand-side aspects into regional policy: variations in the importance of private investment decision factors across regions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Terra, Maria Cristina Trindade, 2003. "Credit Constraints in Brazilian Firms: Evidence from Panel Data," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 57(2), April.
- Dhaneshwar Ghura & Barry Goodwin, 2000. "Determinants of private investment: a cross-regional empirical investigation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(14), pages 1819-1829.
- Kevin Cox & Alan Townsend, 2005. "Institutions and mediating inward investment in England and the USA," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(4), pages 541-553.
- repec:idb:idbbks:343 is not listed on IDEAS
- Harrison, Ann E. & Love, Inessa & McMillan, Margaret S., 2004.
"Global capital flows and financing constraints,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 269-301, October.
- Harrison, Ann E. & Love, Inessa & McMillan, Margaret S., 2002. "Global capital flows and financing constraints," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2782, The World Bank.
- Ann E. Harrison & Inessa Love & Margaret S. McMillan, 2002. "Global Capital Flows and Financing Constraints," NBER Working Papers 8887, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paolo Finaldi Russo & Paola Rossi, 2001. "Credit constraints in Italian industrial districts," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(11), pages 1469-1477.
- Eduardo Lora & Alejandro Gaviria & John Luke Gallup, 2003. "Is Geography Destiny?: Lessons from Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 343, November.
- Peter Sunley & Britta Klagge & Christian Berndt & Ron Martin, 2005. "Venture capital programmes in the UK and Germany: In what sense regional policies?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 255-273.
- Nigel Driffield & Dylan Hughes, 2003. "Foreign and Domestic Investment: Regional Development or Crowding Out?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 277-288.
- Ana Teresa Tavares & Stephen Young, 2006. "Sourcing patterns of foreign-owned multinational subsidiaries in Europe," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(6), pages 583-600.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1981. "Credit Rationing in Markets with Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 393-410, June.
- Agarwal, Sumit & Mohtadi, Hamid, 2004. "Financial markets and the financing choice of firms: Evidence from developing countries," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 57-70.
- Andres Almazan & Carlos A. Molina, 2005. "Intra-Industry Capital Structure Dispersion," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 263-297, June.
- Escobal, Javier & Torero, Maximo, 2003. "Adverse Geography and Differences in Welfare in Peru," WIDER Working Paper Series 073, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Peter MacKay & Gordon M. Phillips, 2005. "How Does Industry Affect Firm Financial Structure?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1433-1466.
- Anderson, T. W. & Hsiao, Cheng, 1982. "Formulation and estimation of dynamic models using panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 47-82, January.
More about this item
KeywordsG31; O16; R42; R58;
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:44:y:2010:i:1:p:69-82. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.