Financial markets and the financing choice of firms: Evidence from developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Hart, 2001.
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1079-1100, December.
- Oliver Hart, 2001. "Financial Contracting," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1924, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Oliver Hart, 2001. "Financial Contracting," NBER Working Papers 8285, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 1990. "Do Taxes Affect Corporate Financing Decisions?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1471-1493, December.
- Titman, Sheridan & Wessels, Roberto, 1988. " The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Bruce D. Smith & John H. Boyd, 1998.
"The evolution of debt and equity markets in economic development,"
Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 12(3), pages 519-560.
- John H. Boyd & Bruce D. Smith, 1995. "The evolution of debt and equity markets in economic development," Working Papers 542, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 1995.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1991. "The Theory of Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 297-355, March.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 2001.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: The Role of Stock Markets,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 16-41, February.
- Philip Arestis & Panicos O. Demetriades & Kul B. Luintel, 1997. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: the Role of Stock Markets," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 97/05, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- King, Robert G. & Levine, Ross, 1993. "Finance, entrepreneurship and growth: Theory and evidence," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 513-542, December.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ritter, Jay R., 1987. "The costs of going public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 269-281, December.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "The flotation of companies on the stock market : A coordination failure model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1101-1125, June.
- Boyd, John & Smith, Bruce, 1996.
"The Coevolution of the Real and Financial Sectors in the Growth Process,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 371-396, May.
- John H. Boyd & Bruce D. Smith, 1996. "The co-evolution of the real and financial sectors in the growth process," Working Papers 541, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 1996.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D & Starr, Ross M, 1996. "Equity Markets, Transactions Costs, and Capital Accumulation: An Illustration," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 241-265, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 1996. "Stock Market Development and Financing Choices of Firms," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 341-369, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aysun, Uluc, 2008. "Automatic stabilizer feature of fixed exchange rate regimes," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 302-328, December.
- Dharveshsingh Gourdeale & Virendra Polodoo, 2016. "A Dynamic Econometric Modelling of the Determinants of Capital Structure of Listed Companies- A Mauritian Perspective," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 117-126, August.
- Christopher A. Hartwell, 2014. "Do (successful) stock exchanges support or hinder institutions in transition economies?," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Sophee Sulong & Qasim Saleem & Zeeshan Ahmed, 2018. "The Role of Stock Market Development in Influencing the Firms Performance: A Study Based on Pakistan Stock Market," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(12), pages 104-104, December.
- Lyndon M. Etale & Paymaster F. Bingilar, 2016. "The Impact of Cash Flow on Stock Price in the Banking Sector of Nigeria," Business, Management and Economics Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 2(7), pages 136-140, 07-2016.
- Amanda Gregg & Steven Nafziger, 2019.
"Capital structure and corporate performance in late Imperial Russia,"
European Review of Economic History, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 446-481.
- Amanda Gregg & Steven Nafziger, 2016. "Capital Structure and Corporate Performance in Late Imperial Russia," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-12, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Carlos Azzoni & Aquiles Kalatzis, 2010. "Incorporating demand-side aspects into regional policy: variations in the importance of private investment decision factors across regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Agbloyor, Elikplimi Komla & Abor, Joshua & Adjasi, Charles Komla Delali & Yawson, Alfred, 2013. "Exploring the causality links between financial markets and foreign direct investment in Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 118-134.
- Wenwen Sheng & M. C. Sunny Wong, 2017. "Capital Flow Management Policies and Riskiness of External Liability Structures: the Role of Local Financial Markets," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 461-498, July.
- Aysun, Uluc & Honig, Adam, 2011.
"Bankruptcy costs, liability dollarization, and vulnerability to sudden stops,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 201-211, July.
- Uluc Aysun & Adam Honig, 2008. "Bankruptcy Costs, Liability Dollarization, and Vulnerability to Sudden Stops," Working papers 2008-41, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Masiak, Christian & Moritz, Alexandra & Lang, Frank, 2017. "Financing Patterns of European SMEs Revisited: An Updated Empirical Taxonomy and Determinants of SME Financing Clusters," EIF Working Paper Series 2017/40, European Investment Fund (EIF).
- Inder Sekhar Yadav & Debasis Pahi & Rajesh Gangakhedkar, 2019. "Financial Markets Development and Financing Choice of Firms: New Evidence from Asia," Asia-Pacific Financial Markets, Springer;Japanese Association of Financial Economics and Engineering, vol. 26(4), pages 429-451, December.
- repec:sko:yrbook:v:16:y:2018:i:1:p:217-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moritz, Alexandra & Block, Joern H. & Heinz, Andreas, 2015. "Financing patterns of European SMEs: An Empirical Taxonomy," EIF Working Paper Series 2015/30, European Investment Fund (EIF).
- Cigdem Vural-Yavas, 2016. "Determinants of Capital Structure for Firms that Provide High Quality Sustainability Reporting," Journal of Management and Sustainability, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 6(4), pages 22-34, December.
- Rana El Bahsh & Ali Alattar & Aziz N. Yusuf, 2018. "Firm, Industry and Country Level Determinants of Capital Structure: Evidence from Jordan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(2), pages 175-190.
- Alexandra Moritz & Joern H. Block & Andreas Heinz, 2016. "Financing patterns of European SMEs -- an empirical taxonomy," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 115-148, April.
- Sanjay Tupe, 2020. "A Study of Capital Structure of Indian Power Generation and Supply Firms: Unbalanced Panel Data," Asian Development Policy Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 8(2), pages 128-140, June.
- Azubike, Anulika, 2017. "Impact of the Nigerian stock exchange on economic growth," MPRA Paper 75984, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Amo Yartey, 2006. "The Stock Market and the Financing of Corporate Growth in Africa; The Case of Ghana," IMF Working Papers 06/201, International Monetary Fund.
- Hunjra, Ahmed Imran & Bilal, Muhammad & Shafi, Haroon & Ullah, Ikram & Rehman, Kashif-Ur-, 2010. "Patterns of capital structure and dividend policy in Pakistani corporate sector and their impact on organization performance," MPRA Paper 40658, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Babatunde Akinmade & Festus Fatai Adedoyin & Festus Victor Bekun, 2020. "The impact of stock market manipulation on Nigeria’s economic performance," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 9(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Le Minh Tai, 2017. "Impact of the Financial Markets Development on Capital Structure of Firms Listed on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(3), pages 510-515.
- Rashid Ameer, 2013. "Financial liberalization and firms’ capital structure adjustments evidence from Southeast Asia and South America," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 37(1), pages 1-32, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:glofin:v:15:y:2004:i:1:p:57-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620162 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.