Institutions and mediating inward investment in England and the USA
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- C. Fuller & R. J. Bennett & M. Ramsden, 2002. "The Economic Development Role of English RDAs: The Need for Greater Discretionary Power," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(4), pages 421-428.
- A Wood, 1993. "Organizing for Local Economic Development: Local Economic Development Networks and Prospecting for Industry," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 25(11), pages 1649-1661, November.
- Peter Roberts & Paul Benneworth, 2001. "Pathways to the Future? An Initial Assessment of RDA Strategies and their Contribution to Integrated Regional Development," Local Economy, London South Bank University, vol. 16(2), pages 142-159, May.
- Martin Jones, 2001. "The rise of the regional state in economic governance: 'partnerships for prosperity' or new scales of state power?," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 33(7), pages 1185-1211, July.
- A Wood, 1993. "Organizing for local economic development: local economic development networks and prospecting for industry," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(11), pages 1649-1661, November.
- Andrew Wood, 1996. "Analysing the Politics of Local Economic Development: Making Sense of Cross-national Convergence," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 33(8), pages 1281-1295, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlos Azzoni & Aquiles Kalatzis, 2010. "Incorporating demand-side aspects into regional policy: variations in the importance of private investment decision factors across regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 69-82, February.
More about this item
KeywordsLocal and regional development; Inward investment; Regional Development Agencies; Scale division of labour Cross-national comparison; State form; Developpement local et regional; Investissement direct etranger; Commissions d'amenagement du territoire Division du travail; Comparaison internationale; Forme de l'Etat; Ortliche und regionale Entwicklung; Investierungen aus dem Ausland; Regionale Entwicklungsagenturen; Grossenordnung der Arbeitsteilung; Grenzuberschreitender Vergleich; Staatsform; Desarrollo regional y local; Inversion extranjera Agencias regionales de desarrollo; Escala de division del trabajo Comparacion cross-nacional; Forma de estado; JEL classifications: O18; R52; R58;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:39:y:2005:i:4:p:541-553. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.