Venture capital programmes in the UK and Germany: In what sense regional policies?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Taking risks in regions: the geographical anatomy of Europe's emerging venture capital market," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 121-150, April.
- Josh Lerner, 2002. "When Bureaucrats Meet Entrepreneurs: The Design of Effective "Public Venture Capital" Programmes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(477), pages 73-84, February.
- Schertler, Andrea, 2002. "Comparative Advantages of Public Loan and Public Equity Schemes in Venture Capital Markets," Kiel Working Papers 1118, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alperovych, Yan & Hübner, Georges & Lobet, Fabrice, 2015. "How does governmental versus private venture capital backing affect a firm's efficiency? Evidence from Belgium," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 508-525.
- Katja Bringmann & Ann Verhetsel & Thomas Vanoutrive & Jo Reynaerts, 2013. "The impact of venture capital linkages on start-ups' cluster embeddedness," ERSA conference papers ersa13p298, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2008.
"Does venture capital investment really require spatial proximity? An empirical investigation,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 40(9), pages 2114-2131, September.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2008. "Does Venture Capital Investment Really Require Spatial Proximity? An Empirical Investigation," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 40(9), pages 2114-2131, September.
- Fritsch, Michael & Schilder, Dirk, 2006. "Does venture capital investment really require spatial proximity? An empirical investigation," Freiberg Working Papers 2006,07, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2006. "Does Venture Capital Investment Really Require Spatial Proximity? An Empirical Investigation," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-14, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- V. Collewaert & S. Manigart & R. Aernoudt, 2007.
"An Assessment Of Government Funding Of Business Angel Networks: A Regional Study,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
07/455, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Collewaert, V. & Manigart, S. & Rudy Aernoudt, 2007. "An assessment of government funding of business angel networks: a regional study," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2007-16, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Carlos Azzoni & Aquiles Kalatzis, 2010. "Incorporating demand-side aspects into regional policy: variations in the importance of private investment decision factors across regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 69-82, February.
- repec:kap:jtecht:v:42:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10961-016-9476-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dafna Schwartz & Raphael Bar-El, 2006. "Venture Investments in Israel - A Regional Perspective Dafna Schwartz and Raphael Bar-El Ben-Gurion University, School of Management, Israel," ERSA conference papers ersa06p868, European Regional Science Association.
- Veroniek Collewaert & Sophie Manigart & Rudy Aernoudt, 2010. "Assessment of Government Funding of Business Angel Networks in Flanders," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 119-130.
- Dorothea Schäfer & Dirk Schilder, 2008.
"Smart capital in German start-ups -- an empirical analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 163-183, August.
- Dorothea Schaefer & Dirk Schilder, 2007. "Smart capital in German start-ups - an empirical analysis," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-015, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Munari, Federico & Toschi, Laura, 2015. "Assessing the impact of public venture capital programmes in the United Kingdom: Do regional characteristics matter?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 205-226.
- Schäfer, Dorothea & Schilder, Dirk, 2006.
"Informed capital in a hostile environment: the case of relational investors in Germany,"
Freiberg Working Papers
2006,03, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Dorothea Schäfer & Dirk Schilder, 2006. "Informed Capital in a Hostile Environment: The Case of Relational Investors in Germany," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 549, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Alessandro Rosiello & Morris Teubal & Gil Avnimelech, 2008. "Towards the Framing of Venture Capital Policies: a Systems-Evolutionary Perspective with Particular Reference to the UK/Scotland and Israeli Experiences," ICER Working Papers 21-2008, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Guerini, Massimiliano & Quas, Anita, 2016. "Governmental venture capital in Europe: Screening and certification," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 175-195.
- Andrew Watkins, 2010. "The Venture Capital Perspective on Collaboration with Large Corporations/MNEs in London and the South East: Pursuing Extra-Regional Knowledge and the Shaping of Regional Venture Capital Networks?," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 27(4), pages 491-507, July.
- Alessandro Rosiello & Gil Avnimelech & Morris Teubal, 2011. "Towards a systemic and evolutionary framework for venture capital policy," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 167-189, February.
More about this item
KeywordsVenture capital; Policy; Regions; Britain; Germany; Capital-risque; Politique; Regions; Grande-Bretagne; Allemagne; Riskokapital; Politik; Regionen; Grossbritannien; Deutschland; Politicas de capital de riesgo; Regiones; Reino Unido; Alemania; JEL classifications: G24; R58;
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:39:y:2005:i:2:p:255-273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .