Taking risks in regions: the geographical anatomy of Europe's emerging venture capital market
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katja Bringmann & Ann Verhetsel & Thomas Vanoutrive & Jo Reynaerts, 2013. "The impact of venture capital linkages on start-ups' cluster embeddedness," ERSA conference papers ersa13p298, European Regional Science Association.
- Bender, Marko & Lutz, Eva, 2009. "Patterns in spatial proximity between venture capital investors and investees in Germany: an empirical analysis," CEFS Working Paper Series 2009-06, Technische Universität München (TUM), Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS).
- Fritsch, Michael & Schilder, Dirk, 2006.
"Is venture capital a regional business? The role of syndication,"
Freiberg Working Papers
2006,09, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2006. "Is Venture Capital a regional business? – The role of syndication," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-25, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Kraemer-Eis, Helmut & Signore, Simone & Prencipe, Dario, 2016. "The European venture capital landscape: an EIF perspective. Volume I: The impact of EIF on the VC ecosystem," EIF Working Paper Series 2016/34, European Investment Fund (EIF).
- Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Bender, Marko & Kaserer, Christoph & Lutz, Eva, 2010. "Geographic location of a new venture and the likelihood of a venture capital investment," CEFS Working Paper Series 2010-02, Technische Universität München (TUM), Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS).
- Veroniek Collewaert & Sophie Manigart & Rudy Aernoudt, 2010. "Assessment of Government Funding of Business Angel Networks in Flanders," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 119-130.
- Suleiman “Sul” Kassicieh, 2010. "The Knowledge Economy and Entrepreneurial Activities in Technology-Based Economic Development," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 1(1), pages 24-47, March.
- Mirjam Knockaert & Mike Wright & Bart Clarysse & Andy Lockett, 2010.
"Agency and similarity effects and the VC’s attitude towards academic spin-out investing,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 35(6), pages 567-584, December.
- Knockaert, M. & Clarysse, B. & Wright, M. & Lockett, A., 2008. "Agency and similarity effects and the VC's attitude towards academic spin-out investing," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2008-22, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- M. Knockaert & B. Clarysse & M. Wright & A. Lockett, 2008. "Agency and similarity effects and the VC’s attitude towards academic spin-out investing," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 08/537, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Munari, Federico & Toschi, Laura, 2015. "Assessing the impact of public venture capital programmes in the United Kingdom: Do regional characteristics matter?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 205-226.
- Lutz, Eva & Bender, Marko & Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Kaserer, Christoph, 2013. "Importance of spatial proximity between venture capital investors and investees in Germany," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2346-2354.
- Lee, Neil & Brown, Ross, 2016. "Innovation, SMEs and the liability of distance: the demand and supply of bank funding in peripheral UK regions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66215, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2012.
"The Regional Supply of Venture Capital: Can Syndication Overcome Bottlenecks?,"
Clark University, vol. 88(1), pages 59-76, January.
- Michael Fritsch & Dirk Schilder, 2010. "The Regional Supply of Venture Capital - Can Syndication overcome Bottlenecks?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-069, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Thomas Gstraunthaler & Galina Sagieva, 2011. "The Internationalization of Venture Capital: Challenges and Opportunities," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 5(4), pages 66-76.
- Peter Sunley & Britta Klagge & Christian Berndt & Ron Martin, 2005. "Venture capital programmes in the UK and Germany: In what sense regional policies?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 255-273.
- Dimo Dimov & Gordon Murray, 2008. "Determinants of the Incidence and Scale of Seed Capital Investments by Venture Capital Firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 127-152, February.
- Schilder, Dirk, 2007. "Venture capital syndicate networks: the determinants of interconnectedness," Freiberg Working Papers 2007,03, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Xiaoqing Eleanor Xu, 2004. "A Comparative Study of Venture Capital Performance in the US and Europe," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 9(3), pages 61-76, Fall.
- José Ernesto Amorós & Miguel Atienza & Gianni Romaní, 2008. "Formal and Informal Equity Funding in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 35(2 Year 20), pages 179-194, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jecgeo:v:2:y:2002:i:2:p:121-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.