Determinants of private investment: a cross-regional empirical investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"A Cross-Country Study of Growth, Saving, and Government,"
NBER Chapters,in: National Saving and Economic Performance, pages 271-304
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "A Cross-Country Study of Growth, Saving, and Government," NBER Working Papers 2855, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Manmohan S. Kumar, 1993. "Public and Private Investment and the Convergence of Per Capita Incomes in Developing Countries," IMF Working Papers 93/51, International Monetary Fund.
- International Monetary Fund, 1990. "Capital Mobility in Developing Countries; M386Some Empirical Tests," IMF Working Papers 90/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Solimano, Andres, 1989. "How private investment reacts to changing macroeconomic conditions : the case of Chile in the 1980s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 212, The World Bank.
- Khaled Sakr, 1993. "Determinants of Private Investment in Pakistan," IMF Working Papers 93/30, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sallahuddin Hassan & Zalila Othman & Mohd Zaini Abd Karim, 2011. "Private and Public Investment in Malaysia: A Panel Time-Series Analysis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(4), pages 199-210.
- Yongzheng Yang & Robert Powell & Sanjeev Gupta, 2005. "The Macroeconomic Challenges of Scaling Up Aid to Africa," IMF Working Papers 05/179, International Monetary Fund.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Nabli, Mustapha K. & Yousef, Tarik M., 2005. "Public infrastructure and private investment in the Middle East and North Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3661, The World Bank.
- Adama Messanh COMBEY, 2016.
"The Main Determinants of Private Investments in the WAEMU Zone: The Dynamic Approach,"
Journal of Economics and Political Economy,
KSP Journals, vol. 3(4), pages 731-743, December.
- Combey, Adama, 2016. "The Main Determinants of Private Investment in The WAEMU Zone: The Dynamic Approach," MPRA Paper 75428, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen S. Everhart & Mariusz A. Sumlinski, 2001. "Trends in Private Investment in Developing Countries : Statistics for 1970-2000 and the Impact on Private Investment of Corruption and the Quality of Public Investment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13989, July.
- Marianna Belloc & Pietro Vertova, 2004. "How Does Public Investment Affect Economic Growth in HIPC? An Empirical Assessment," Department of Economics University of Siena 416, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Akanbi, Olusegun A, 2016. "Macro and institutional determinants of domestic investment in Sub-Saharan African countries," Working Papers 20163, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Ahmad, Imtiaz & Qayyum, Abdul, 2008. "Effect of Government Spending and Macro-Economic Uncertainty on Private Investment in Services Sector: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 11673, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Azzoni & Aquiles Kalatzis, 2010. "Incorporating demand-side aspects into regional policy: variations in the importance of private investment decision factors across regions," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1), pages 69-82, February.
- Dhehibi, Boubaker & Telleria, Roberto & Aw-Hassan, Aden, 2013. "Impacts of Public, Private, and R&D Investments on Total Factor Productivity Growth in Tunisian Agriculture," 2013 AAAE Fourth International Conference, September 22-25, 2013, Hammamet, Tunisia 160584, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Olaf Unteroberdoerster & Roberto Pereira Guimarães, 2006. "What’s Driving Private Investment in Malaysia? Aggregate Trends and Firm-Level Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/190, International Monetary Fund.
- Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David & Zhang, Yin-Fang, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investment in Infrastructure in Developing Countries: Does Regulation Make a Difference?," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30703, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Ward Romp & Jakob de Haan, 2007.
"Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Critical Survey,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(s1), pages 6-52, April.
- Romp, Ward & de Haan, Jakob, 2005. "Public capital and economic growth: a critical survey," EIB Papers 2/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Erdal Atukeren, 2006. "Politico-Economic Determinants of the Crowding-in Effects of Public Investments in Developing Countries," KOF Working papers 06-126, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- repec:asi:ajoerj:2013:p:633-653 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zahir Shah & Qazi Masood Ahmed, 2003. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Pakistan: an Empirical Investigation," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 42(4), pages 697-714.
- Bayraktar, Nihal & Fofack, Hippolyte, 2007. "Specification of investment functions in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4171, The World Bank.
- Joyce, Joseph P. & Nabar, Malhar, 2009. "Sudden stops, banking crises and investment collapses in emerging markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 314-322, November.
- Agenor,Pierre-Richard, 2003. "The mini-integrated macroeconomic model for poverty analysis : a framework for analyzing the unemployment and poverty effects of fiscal and labor market reforms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3067, The World Bank.
- Md. Shakib Hossain, 2016. "Foreign Direct Investment, Economic Freedom and Economic Growth: Evidence from Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Finance, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(11), pages 200-214, November.
- Brinca, Pedro, 2006. "The impact of public investment in Sweden: A VAR approach," MPRA Paper 62132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Imtiaz Ahmed & Abdul Qayyum, 2007. "Do Public Expenditure and Macroeconomic Uncertainty Matter to Private Investment? Evidence from Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(2), pages 145-161.
- COMBEY, Adama, 2016. "The Main Determinants of Private Investment in The WAEMU Zone: The Dynamic Approach," MPRA Paper 75382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tan, Bee Wah & Tang, Chor Foon, 2011. "The dynamic relationship between private domestic investment, the user cost of capital, and economic growth in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 27964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ahmad, Imtiaz & Qayyum, Abdul, 2009. "Role of Public Expenditures and Macroeconomic Uncertainty in Determining Private Investment in Large Scale Manufacturing Sector of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 29268, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:32:y:2000:i:14:p:1819-1829. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.