Time to the Doctorate and Research Career: Some Evidence from Spain
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2008.
"The College Wage Premium and the Expansion of Higher Education in the UK,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(4), pages 695-709, December.
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2008. "The College Wage Premium and the Expansion of Higher Education in the UK," Working Papers 200817, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Ian Walker & Yu Zhu, 2008. "The College Wage Premium and the Expansion of Higher Education in the UK," Studies in Economics 0809, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Weihua Guan, 2003. "From the help desk: Bootstrapped standard errors," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 3(1), pages 71-80, March.
- McCormick, Barry, 1997. "Regional unemployment and labour mobility in the UK," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 581-589, April.
- Jere R. Behrman & Mark R. Rosenzweig, 2002. "Does Increasing Women's Schooling Raise the Schooling of the Next Generation?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 323-334, March.
- John J. Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 2001.
"So You Want to Earn a Ph.D. in Economics?: How Long Do You Think It Will Take?,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 364-378.
- Siegfried, J.J. & Stock, W.A., 2000. "So You Want to Earn a PH.D. in Economics: How Long do you Think it Will Take?," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-53, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- John Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 2000. "So You Want to Earn a Ph.D. in Economics: How Long Do You Think it Will Take?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0037, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1987. "Efficient estimation of limited dependent variable models with endogenous explanatory variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 231-250, November.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Erica Blom & Costas Meghir, 2012.
"Heterogeneity in Human Capital Investments: High School Curriculum, College Major, and Careers,"
Annual Review of Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 4(1), pages 185-223, July.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Erica Blom & Costas Meghir, 2012. "Heterogeneity in Human Capital Investments: High School Curriculum, College Major, and Careers," NBER Working Papers 17985, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lutz Bornmann & Jürgen Enders, 2004. "Social origin and gender of doctoral degree holders," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 61(1), pages 19-41, September.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1978. "The Estimation of a Simultaneous Equation Generalized Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1193-1205, September.
- S. Robin & E. Cahuzac, 2003.
"Knocking on Academia's Doors: An Inquiry into the Early Careers of Doctors in Life Sciences,"
LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 17(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Eric Cahuzac & S. Robin, 2003. "Knocking on Academia's doors : an Inquiry into the Early Careers of Doctors in Life Sciences," Post-Print halshs-00006094, HAL.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1995.
"Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-To-Degree and Completion Probabilities?,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(3), pages 581-609.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Panagiotis G. Mavros, 1992. "Do Doctoral Students' Financial Support Patterns Affect Their Times-to-Degree and Completion Probabilities," NBER Working Papers 4070, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Hsing-fen & Miozzo, Marcela & Laredo, Philippe, 2010. "Career patterns and competences of PhDs in science and engineering in the knowledge economy: The case of graduates from a UK research-based university," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 869-881, September.
- Laudeline Auriol & Max Misu & Rebecca Ann Freeman, 2013. "Careers of Doctorate Holders: Analysis of Labour Market and Mobility Indicators," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2013/4, OECD Publishing.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191, June.
- Michael Spence, 1973. "Job Market Signaling," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(3), pages 355-374.
- Juan Francisco Canal Domínguez & César Rodríguez Gutiérrez, 2016. "Doctoral training and labour market needs. Evidence in Spain," Research Evaluation, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(1), pages 79-93.
More about this item
KeywordsPhD program; Research career; Endogenous regressor;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:reihed:v:60:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s11162-018-9506-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.