Customer reviews for demand distribution and sales nowcasting: a big data approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maximo Camacho & Jaime Martinez-Martin, 2014.
"Real-time forecasting US GDP from small-scale factor models,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 347-364, August.
- Maximo Camacho & Jaime MartÃinez-Martin, 2012. "Real-time forecasting US GDP from small-scale factor models," Working Papers 1210, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Máximo Camacho & Jaime Martínez-Martín, 2014. "Real-time forecasting us GDP from small-scale factor models," Working Papers 1425, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Liao, Yi & Banerjee, Avijit & Yan, Changyuan, 2011. "A distribution-free newsvendor model with balking and lost sales penalty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 133(1), pages 224-227, September.
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Yan Carrière‐Swallow & Felipe Labbé, 2013.
"Nowcasting with Google Trends in an Emerging Market,"
Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(4), pages 289-298, July.
- Yan Carrière-Swallow & Felipe Labbé, 2010. "Nowcasting With Google Trends in an Emerging Market," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 588, Central Bank of Chile.
- Antipa, Pamfili & Barhoumi, Karim & Brunhes-Lesage, Véronique & Darné, Olivier, 2012.
"Nowcasting German GDP: A comparison of bridge and factor models,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 864-878.
- Antipa, P. & Barhoumi, K. & Brunhes-Lesage, V. & Darné, O., 2012. "Nowcasting German GDP: A comparison of bridge and factor models," Working papers 401, Banque de France.
- Marcelo Olivares & Christian Terwiesch & Lydia Cassorla, 2008. "Structural Estimation of the Newsvendor Model: An Application to Reserving Operating Room Time," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 54(1), pages 41-55, January.
- Carl Bonham & Peter Fuleky & James Jones & Ashley Hirashima, 2015.
"Nowcasting Tourism Industry Performance Using High Frequency Covariates,"
2015-3, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Carl Bonham & Peter Fuleky & James Jones & Ashley Hirashima, 2015. "Nowcasting Tourism Industry Performance Using High Frequency Covariates," Working Papers 2015-13R, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa, revised Jul 2016.
- Ashley Hirashima & James Jones & Carl S. Bonham & Peter Fuleky, 2016. "Nowcasting Tourism Industry Performance Using High Frequency Covariates," Working Papers 201611, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Hyunyoung Choi & Hal Varian, 2012. "Predicting the Present with Google Trends," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(s1), pages 2-9, June.
- Mostard, Julien & de Koster, Rene & Teunter, Ruud, 2005. "The distribution-free newsboy problem with resalable returns," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 329-342, September.
- Murphy Choy & Michelle L. F. Cheong, 2011. "Identification of Demand through Statistical Distribution Modeling for Improved Demand Forecasting," Papers 1110.0062, arXiv.org.
- Dias, Francisco & Pinheiro, Maximiano & Rua, António, 2015. "Forecasting Portuguese GDP with factor models: Pre- and post-crisis evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 266-272.
- Tan, Kim Hua & Zhan, YuanZhu & Ji, Guojun & Ye, Fei & Chang, Chingter, 2015. "Harvesting big data to enhance supply chain innovation capabilities: An analytic infrastructure based on deduction graph," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 223-233.
- Hamid Ekbia & Michael Mattioli & Inna Kouper & G. Arave & Ali Ghazinejad & Timothy Bowman & Venkata Ratandeep Suri & Andrew Tsou & Scott Weingart & Cassidy R. Sugimoto, 2015. "Big data, bigger dilemmas: A critical review," Journal of the Association for Information Science & Technology, Association for Information Science & Technology, vol. 66(8), pages 1523-1545, August.
- Retsef Levi & Georgia Perakis & Joline Uichanco, 2015. "The Data-Driven Newsvendor Problem: New Bounds and Insights," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 63(6), pages 1294-1306, December.
- Tingliang Huang & Jan A. Van Mieghem, 2014. "Clickstream Data and Inventory Management: Model and Empirical Analysis," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 23(3), pages 333-347, March.
- Wolfram Wiesemann & Daniel Kuhn & Melvyn Sim, 2014. "Distributionally Robust Convex Optimization," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 62(6), pages 1358-1376, December.
- Thunyarat (Bam) Amornpetchkul & Izak Duenyas & Özge Şahin, 2015. "Mechanisms to Induce Buyer Forecasting: Do Suppliers Always Benefit from Better Forecasting?," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 24(11), pages 1724-1749, November.
- Jacques Bughin, 2015. "Google searches and twitter mood: nowcasting telecom sales performance," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 87-105, August.
More about this item
KeywordsBig data; Sales nowcasting; Short-run operation; Demand distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:annopr:v:270:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2296-z. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.