The Data-Driven Newsvendor Problem: New Bounds and Insights
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Georgia Perakis & Guillaume Roels, 2008. "Regret in the Newsvendor Model with Partial Information," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 56(1), pages 188-203, February.
- Gregory A. Godfrey & Warren B. Powell, 2001. "An Adaptive, Distribution-Free Algorithm for the Newsvendor Problem with Censored Demands, with Applications to Inventory and Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 47(8), pages 1101-1112, August.
- Woonghee Tim Huh & Paat Rusmevichientong, 2009. "A Nonparametric Asymptotic Analysis of Inventory Planning with Censored Demand," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 34(1), pages 103-123, February.
- Retsef Levi & Robin O. Roundy & David B. Shmoys, 2007. "Provably Near-Optimal Sampling-Based Policies for Stochastic Inventory Control Models," Mathematics of Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 32(4), pages 821-839, November.
- Alp Akcay & Bahar Biller & Sridhar Tayur, 2011. "Improved Inventory Targets in the Presence of Limited Historical Demand Data," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 297-309, July.
- Michael O. Ball & Maurice Queyranne, 2009. "Toward Robust Revenue Management: Competitive Analysis of Online Booking," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(4), pages 950-963, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janssen, Larissa & Claus, Thorsten & Sauer, Jürgen, 2016. "Literature review of deteriorating inventory models by key topics from 2012 to 2015," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 86-112.
- Huan Xu & Constantine Caramanis & Shie Mannor, 2016. "Statistical Optimization in High Dimensions," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 64(4), pages 958-979, August.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:276:y:2019:i:3:p:998-1012 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:270:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2296-z is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ejores:v:278:y:2019:i:3:p:904-915 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soroush Saghafian & Brian Tomlin, 2016. "The Newsvendor under Demand Ambiguity: Combining Data with Moment and Tail Information," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 64(1), pages 167-185, February.
- Cong Shi & Weidong Chen & Izak Duenyas, 2016. "Technical Note—Nonparametric Data-Driven Algorithms for Multiproduct Inventory Systems with Censored Demand," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 64(2), pages 362-370, April.
More about this item
Keywordsdata-driven stochastic program; newsvendor problem; sample average approximation; weighted mean spread;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:oropre:v:63:y:2015:i:6:p:1294-1306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matthew Walls). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.