A distribution-free newsvendor model with balking and lost sales penalty
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khouja, Moutaz, 1999. "The single-period (news-vendor) problem: literature review and suggestions for future research," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 537-553, October.
- Alfares, Hesham K. & Elmorra, Hassan H., 2005. "The distribution-free newsboy problem: Extensions to the shortage penalty case," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 465-477, January.
- Moon, Ilkyeong & Choi, Sangjin, 1997. "Distribution free procedures for make-to-order (MTO), make-in-advance (MIA), and composite policies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 21-28, January.
- Vairaktarakis, George L., 2000. "Robust multi-item newsboy models with a budget constraint," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 213-226, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Se Won & Jung, Uk, 2014. "Customer balking behavior in the newsvendor model: Its impact on performance measures and decision under uncertain balking parameters," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 274-283.
- Yong Zhang & Vladimir Vovk & Weiguo Zhang, 2014. "Probability-free solutions to the non-stationary newsvendor problem," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 223(1), pages 433-449, December.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:238:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-015-1995-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raza, Syed Asif, 2015. "An integrated approach to price differentiation and inventory decisions with demand leakage," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 105-117.
- repec:eee:proeco:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:813-826 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:transe:v:110:y:2018:i:c:p:31-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:annopr:v:270:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-016-2296-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Raza, Syed Asif & Rathinam, Sivakumar, 2017. "A risk tolerance analysis for a joint price differentiation and inventory decisions problem with demand leakage effect," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 183(PA), pages 129-145.
- repec:spr:joptap:v:171:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s10957-016-0870-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- András Prékopa & Anh Ninh & Gabriela Alexe, 2016. "On the relationship between the discrete and continuous bounding moment problems and their numerical solutions," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 238(1), pages 521-575, March.
- Sarkar, Biswajit & Moon, Ilkyeong, 2014. "Improved quality, setup cost reduction, and variable backorder costs in an imperfect production process," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 155(C), pages 204-213.
More about this item
KeywordsNewsvendor model Distribution free Inventory Balking Lost sales penalty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:133:y:2011:i:1:p:224-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ijpe .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.