Coupling input–output analysis with multiobjective linear programming models for the study of economy–energy–environment–social (E3S) trade-offs: a review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yasushi Kondo & Shinichiro Nakamura, 2005. "Waste input-output linear programming model with its application to eco-efficiency analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 393-408.
- West, Guy R, 1986. "A Stochastic Analysis of an Input-Output Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 363-374, March.
- Bicknell, Kathryn B. & Ball, Richard J. & Cullen, Ross & Bigsby, Hugh R., 1998. "New methodology for the ecological footprint with an application to the New Zealand economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, November.
- Hisashi Amagai & PingSun Leung, 1991. "The Trade-Off between Economic and Environmental Objectives in Japan's Power Sector," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 95-104.
- Oliveira, Carla & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler, 2011. "A multi-objective multi-sectoral economy–energy–environment model: Application to Portugal," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 2856-2866.
- Thijs ten Raa & Pierre Mohnen, 2009.
"Neoclassical Input–Output Analysis,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Input–Output Economics: Theory And Applications Featuring Asian Economies, chapter 10, pages 151-179,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- T. Ten Raa & Pierre Mohnen, 1992. "Neoclassical Input-Output analysis," Cahiers de recherche du Département des sciences économiques, UQAM 9204, Université du Québec à Montréal, Département des sciences économiques.
- P. Pereira Da Silva & C. Oliveira & D. Coelho, 2013. "Employment effects and renewable energy policies: applying input-output methodology to Portugal," International Journal of Public Policy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(3), pages 147-166.
- Al-mulali, Usama & Binti Che Sab, Che Normee, 2012. "The impact of energy consumption and CO2 emission on the economic growth and financial development in the Sub Saharan African countries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 180-186.
- Leontief, Wassily & Duchin, Faye, 1986. "The Future Impact of Automation on Workers," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195036237.
- Hsu, George J. Y. & Chou, Feng-Ying, 2000. "Integrated planning for mitigating CO2 emissions in Taiwan: a multi-objective programming approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 519-523, July.
- Saboori, Behnaz & Sulaiman, Jamalludin, 2013. "CO2 emissions, energy consumption and economic growth in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries: A cointegration approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 813-822.
- Dimitrios Hristu-Varsakelis & Stella Karagianni & Maria Pempetzoglou & Athanasios Sfetsos, 2012. "Optimizing Production In The Greek Economy: Exploring The Interaction Between Greenhouse Gas Emissions And Solid Waste Via Input--Output Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 57-75, March.
- ten Raa, Thijs & Steel, Mark F. J., 1994.
"Revised stochastic analysis of an input-output model,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 361-371, June.
- Ten Raa, M.H. & Steel, M.F.J., 1991. "Revised stochastic analysis of an input-output model," Other publications TiSEM 0d875345-636c-45be-adca-6, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Steel, Mark F.J. & Raa, Thijs ten, 1992. "Revised stochastic analysis of an input-output model," UC3M Working papers. Economics 2836, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- N. Ravi & Richard E. Wendell, 1989. "The Tolerance Approach to Sensitivity Analysis of Matrix Coefficients in Linear Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(9), pages 1106-1119, September.
- de Carvalho, Ariovaldo Lopes & Henggeler Antunes, Carlos & Freire, Fausto & Oliveira Henriques, Carla, 2016. "A multi-objective interactive approach to assess economic-energy-environment trade-offs in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 1429-1442.
- Henriques, C. Oliveira & Antunes, C. Henggeler, 2012. "Interactions of economic growth, energy consumption and the environment in the context of the crisis – A study with uncertain data," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 415-422.
- ten Raa, Thijs, 1994. "On the methodology of input-output analysis," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-25, February.
- Pao, Hsiao-Tien & Fu, Hsin-Chia, 2013. "The causal relationship between energy resources and economic growth in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 793-801.
- Manfred Lenzen, 2001. "A Generalized Input-Output Multiplier Calculus for Australia," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 65-92.
- Akkemik, K. Ali & Göksal, Koray, 2012. "Energy consumption-GDP nexus: Heterogeneous panel causality analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 865-873.
- Ilkka Kananen & Pekka Korhonen & Jyrki Wallenius & Hannele Wallenius, 1990. "Multiple Objective Analysis of Input-Output Models for Emergency Management," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 38(2), pages 193-201, April.
- Gay, Philip W. & Proops, John L.R., 1993. "Carbon---dioxide production by the UK economy: An input-output assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 113-130.
- Oliveira, Carla & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler, 2007. "Multiple objective linear programming models with interval coefficients - an illustrated overview," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1434-1463, September.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Luptacik, Mikulas, 2014.
"Eco-efficiency and eco-productivity change over time in a multisectoral economic system,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 885-897.
- Mikuláš Luptáèik & Bernhard Mahlberg, 2013. "Eco-Efficiency and Eco-Productivity change over time in a multisectoral economic system," Department of Economic Policy Working Paper Series 004, Department of Economic Policy, Faculty of National Economy, University of Economics in Bratislava.
- Leung, PingSun & Hsu, George J. Y., 1984. "An integrated energy planning model for Hawaii," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 117-121, April.
- Oliveira, C. & Coelho, D. & Pereira da Silva, P. & Antunes, C.H., 2013. "How many jobs can the RES-E sectors generate in the Portuguese context?," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 444-455.
- Viet, Vu Quang, 1994. "Practices in input-output table compilation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 27-54, February.
- Hristu-Varsakelis, D. & Karagianni, S. & Pempetzoglou, M. & Sfetsos, A., 2010. "Optimizing production with energy and GHG emission constraints in Greece: An input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1566-1577, March.
- Oliveira, Carla & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler, 2004. "A multiple objective model to deal with economy-energy-environment interactions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 370-385, March.
- Warr, B.S. & Ayres, R.U., 2010. "Evidence of causality between the quantity and quality of energy consumption and economic growth," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1688-1693.
- Prasad, K. N. & A.M. Swaminathan, (Miss) & Parkar, R. G., 1996. "Import related inventory management in Indian economy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-3), pages 215-222, August.
- Stanley Zionts & Jyrki Wallenius, 1983. "An Interactive Multiple Objective Linear Programming Method for a Class of Underlying Nonlinear Utility Functions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 519-529, May.
- Acaravci, Ali & Ozturk, Ilhan, 2010. "On the relationship between energy consumption, CO2 emissions and economic growth in Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5412-5420.
- Tan, Raymond R. & Aviso, Kathleen B. & Barilea, Ivan U. & Culaba, Alvin B. & Cruz, Jose B., 2012. "A fuzzy multi-regional input–output optimization model for biomass production and trade under resource and footprint constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 154-160.
- Suh, Sangwon, 2004. "Functions, commodities and environmental impacts in an ecological-economic model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 451-467, April.
- Hawdon, David & Pearson, Peter, 1995. "Input-output simulations of energy, environment, economy interactions in the UK," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 73-86, January.
- Fallahi, Firouz, 2011. "Causal relationship between energy consumption (EC) and GDP: A Markov-switching (MS) causality," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4165-4170.
- Chen, Tser-yieth, 2001. "The impact of mitigating CO2 emissions on Taiwan's economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 141-151, March.
- Buckley, J. J., 1989. "Fuzzy input-output analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 54-60, March.
- Stanley Zionts & Jyrki Wallenius, 1976. "An Interactive Programming Method for Solving the Multiple Criteria Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(6), pages 652-663, February.
- Moulik, T. K. & Dholakia, B. H. & Dholakia, R. H. & Ramani, K. V. & Shukla, P. R., 1992. "Energy planning in India : The relevance of regional planning for national policy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 836-846, September.
- Borges, Ana Rosa & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler, 2003. "A fuzzy multiple objective decision support model for energy-economy planning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 145(2), pages 304-316, March.
- Urli, Bruno & Nadeau, Raymond, 2004. "PROMISE/scenarios: An interactive method for multiobjective stochastic linear programming under partial uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 155(2), pages 361-372, June.
- Lai, T.M. & To, W.M. & Lo, W.C. & Choy, Y.S. & Lam, K.H., 2011. "The causal relationship between electricity consumption and economic growth in a Gaming and Tourism Center: The case of Macao SAR, the People’s Republic of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 1134-1142.
- John W. Chinneck & Erik W. Dravnieks, 1991. "Locating Minimal Infeasible Constraint Sets in Linear Programs," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 3(2), pages 157-168, May.
- Herman E. Daly, 1968. "On Economics as a Life Science," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 392-392.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wenlan Ke & Jinghua Sha & Jingjing Yan & Guofeng Zhang & Rongrong Wu, 2016. "A Multi-Objective Input–Output Linear Model for Water Supply, Economic Growth and Environmental Planning in Resource-Based Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-18, February.
- Singh, Vivek Kumar & Henriques, Carla Oliveira & Martins, António Gomes, 2018. "Fostering investment on energy efficient appliances in India–A multi-perspective economic input-output lifecycle assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 1022-1035.
- Wei Yang & Junnian Song & Yoshiro Higano & Jie Tang, 2015. "An Integrated Simulation Model for Dynamically Exploring the Optimal Solution to Mitigating Water Scarcity and Pollution," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-24, February.
- Fahman Fathurrahman & Bora Kat & Uğur Soytaṣ, 2017. "Simulating Indonesian fuel subsidy reform: a social accounting matrix analysis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 255(1), pages 591-615, August.
- Gang Wang & Angappa Gunasekaran, 2017. "Modeling and analysis of sustainable supply chain dynamics," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 250(2), pages 521-536, March.
- Chuanglin Fang & Kui Luo & Yunlong Kong & Haoxi Lin & Yufei Ren, 2018. "Evaluating Performance and Elucidating the Mechanisms of Collaborative Development within the Beijing–Tianjin–Hebei Region, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-19, February.
- Abdeslam Boudhar & Said Boudhar & Aomar Ibourk, 2017. "An input–output framework for analysing relationships between economic sectors and water use and intersectoral water relationships in Morocco," Journal of Economic Structures, Springer;Pan-Pacific Association of Input-Output Studies (PAPAIOS), vol. 6(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Xiang Ji & Jie Wu & Qingyuan Zhu & Jiasen Sun, 2019. "Using a hybrid heterogeneous DEA method to benchmark China’s sustainable urbanization: an empirical study," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 278(1), pages 281-335, July.
- Xin Yan & Min Chen & Mu-Yen Chen, 2019. "Coupling and Coordination Development of Australian Energy, Economy, and Ecological Environment Systems from 2007 to 2016," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-13, November.
- Andreas Welling, 2017. "Green Finance: Recent developments, characteristics and important actors," FEMM Working Papers 170002, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Mikulas Luptacik & Bernhard Mahlberg, 2018. "Revisiting the Efficiency-Equity Trade-off: A Muli-objective Linear Problem combined with an extended Leontief Input Output Model," Department of Economic Policy Working Paper Series 016, Department of Economic Policy, Faculty of National Economy, University of Economics in Bratislava.
More about this item
KeywordsMultiobjective models; Input–output analysis; E3S trade-offs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:annopr:v:247:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s10479-014-1773-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.