A Generalized Input-Output Multiplier Calculus for Australia
A static, generalized input-output framework for calculating simple multipliers is presented for Australian data. In this framework, capital investment and imports are internalized into domestic inter-industrial intermediate demand, non-square matrices are introduced in order to enable the inclusion of finer detail commodity data, and matrices in both monetary and physical units are employed. A range of labour and energy multipliers are calculated, referring to total output, final demand, final consumption, basic values, producers' prices, purchasers' prices, commodities and industries. Uncertainties of multipliers are assessed in detail, using Monte Carlo simulations.
Volume (Year): 13 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CESR20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Osmo Forssell & Karen Polenske, 1998. "Introduction: Input-Output and the Environment," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 91-97.
- Common, M. S. & Salma, U., 1992. "Accounting for changes in Australian carbon dioxide emissions," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 217-225, July.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-71, August.
- Lenzen, Manfred, 1998. "Primary energy and greenhouse gases embodied in Australian final consumption: an input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 495-506, May.
- Harry Wilting & Wouter Biesiot & Henri Moll, 1999. "Analyzing Potentials for Reducing the Energy Requirement of Households in The Netherlands," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 233-244.
- Chapman, P. F., 1974. "1. Energy costs: a review of methods," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 91-103, June.
- FlAm, Sjur D. & Thorlund-Petersen, Lars, 1985. "Underestimation in the Leontief model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 171-174.
- Wilson, Bruce & Trieu, Luan Ho & Bowen, Bruce, 1994. "Energy efficiency trends in Australia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 287-295, April.
- ten Raa, Thijs & Steel, Mark F. J., 1994. "Revised stochastic analysis of an input-output model," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 361-371, June.
- Bullard, Clark W & Sebald, Anthony V, 1988. "Monte Carlo Sensitivity Analysis of Input-Output Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(4), pages 708-12, November.
- Kurt Kratena & Stefan Schleicher, 1999. "Impact of Carbon Dioxide Emissions Reduction on the Austrian Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 245-261.
- Jackson, Randall W., 1989. "Probabilistic input-output analysis: Modeling directions," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(1-2), pages 87-95.
- Wyckoff, Andrew W. & Roop, Joseph M., 1994. "The embodiment of carbon in imports of manufactured products : Implications for international agreements on greenhouse gas emissions," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 187-194, March.
- Karunaratne, Neil Dias, 1981. "An input-output analysis of Australian energy planning issues," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 159-168, July.
- Bullard, Clark W. & Herendeen, Robert A., 1975. "The energy cost of goods and services," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 268-278, December.
- Simonovits, A, 1975. "A Note on the Underestimation and Overestimation of the Leontief Inverse," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(3), pages 493-98, May.
- Bullard, Clark W, III & Sebald, Anthony V, 1977. "Effects of Parametric Uncertainty and Technological Change on Input-Output Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(1), pages 75-81, February.
- Bullard, Clark W. & Penner, Peter S. & Pilati, David A., 1978. "Net energy analysis : Handbook for combining process and input-output analysis," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-313, November.
- Lahiri, Sajal, 1983. "A note on the underestimation and overestimation in stochastic input-output models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 361-366.
- West, Guy R, 1986. "A Stochastic Analysis of an Input-Output Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(2), pages 363-74, March.
- Mette Wier, 1998. "Sources of Changes in Emissions from Energy: A Structural Decomposition Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 99-112.
- Gibbons, Joel C. & Wolsky, Alan M. & Tolley, George, 1982. "Approximate aggregation and error in input-output models," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 203-230, September.
- Christoph Weber & Hermann Schnabl, 1998. "Environmentally Important Inter sectoral Flows: Insights from Main Contributions Identification and Minimal Flow Analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 337-356.
- Lahiri, Sajal & Satchell, Steve, 1985. "Underestimation and overestimation of the Leontief inverse revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 181-186.
- West, G R, 1982. "Sensitivity and Key Sector Analysis in Input-Output Models," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(39), pages 365-78, December.
- Casler, Stephen & Wilbur, Suzanne, 1984. "Energy input-output analysis : A simple guide," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 187-201, June.
- Bicknell, Kathryn B. & Ball, Richard J. & Cullen, Ross & Bigsby, Hugh R., 1998. "New methodology for the ecological footprint with an application to the New Zealand economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 149-160, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecsysr:v:13:y:2001:i:1:p:65-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.