Identifying strategies for mitigating the global warming impact of the EU-25 economy using a multi-objective input-output approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Duchin, Faye & Lange, Glenn-Marie, 1995. "The choice of technology and associated changes in prices in the U.S. economy," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 335-357, August.
- Yasushi Kondo & Shinichiro Nakamura, 2005. "Waste input-output linear programming model with its application to eco-efficiency analysis," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 393-408.
- Bérubé, Jean-François & Gendreau, Michel & Potvin, Jean-Yves, 2009. "An exact [epsilon]-constraint method for bi-objective combinatorial optimization problems: Application to the Traveling Salesman Problem with Profits," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 194(1), pages 39-50, April.
- Hsu, George J. Y. & Chou, Feng-Ying, 2000. "Integrated planning for mitigating CO2 emissions in Taiwan: a multi-objective programming approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 519-523, July.
- Thomas Wiedmann & Richard Wood & Jan Minx & Manfred Lenzen & Dabo Guan & Rocky Harris, 2010. "A Carbon Footprint Time Series Of The Uk - Results From A Multi-Region Input-Output Model," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 19-42.
- Manfred Lenzen & Lise-Lotte Pade & Jesper Munksgaard, 2004. "CO2 Multipliers in Multi-region Input-Output Models," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 391-412.
- Kirsten S. Wiebe & Martin Bruckner & Stefan Giljum & Christian Lutz, 2012. "Calculating Energy-Related Co 2 Emissions Embodied In International Trade Using A Global Input--Output Model," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 113-139, November.
- Roca, Jordi & Serrano, Monica, 2007.
"Income growth and atmospheric pollution in Spain: An input-output approach,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 230-242, June.
- Jordi Roca Jusmet & Monica Serrano Gutierrez, 2006. "Income Growth and Atmospheric Pollution in Spain: An Input-Output Approach," Working Papers in Economics 164, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Jordi Roca & Mònica Serrano, 2006. "Income growth and atmospheric pollution in Spain: an Input-Output approach," UHE Working papers 2006_04, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Panwar, N.L. & Kaushik, S.C. & Kothari, Surendra, 2011. "Role of renewable energy sources in environmental protection: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1513-1524, April.
- Hristu-Varsakelis, D. & Karagianni, S. & Pempetzoglou, M. & Sfetsos, A., 2010. "Optimizing production with energy and GHG emission constraints in Greece: An input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 1566-1577, March.
- Oliveira, Carla & Antunes, Carlos Henggeler, 2004. "A multiple objective model to deal with economy-energy-environment interactions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 370-385, March.
- Asafu-Adjaye, John & Mahadevan, Renuka, 2013. "Implications of CO2 reduction policies for a high carbon emitting economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 32-41.
- Kirsten S. Wiebe & Martin Bruckner & Stefan Giljum & Christian Lutz & Christine Polzin, 2012. "Carbon and Materials Embodied in the International Trade of Emerging Economies," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 16(4), pages 636-646, August.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop, Maria, 2007.
"Composition of greenhouse gas emissions in Spain: An input-output analysis,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 388-395, March.
- Butnar, Isabela & Llop Llop, Maria, 2006. "Composition of Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Spain: an Input-Output Analysis," Working Papers 2072/1750, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Acquaye, Adolf A. & Sherwen, Tomás & Genovese, Andrea & Kuylenstierna, Johan & Lenny Koh, SC & McQueen-Mason, Simon, 2012. "Biofuels and their potential to aid the UK towards achieving emissions reduction policy targets," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 5414-5422.
- Youngho Chang, 2015. "Energy And Environmental Policy," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 60(03), pages 1-19.
- Chang, Yuan & Ries, Robert J. & Wang, Yaowu, 2010. "The embodied energy and environmental emissions of construction projects in China: An economic input-output LCA model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6597-6603, November.
- Tarancon, Miguel Angel & del Rio, Pablo, 2007. "CO2 emissions and intersectoral linkages. The case of Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1100-1116, February.
- Tukker, Arnold & Goldbohm, R. Alexandra & de Koning, Arjan & Verheijden, Marieke & Kleijn, René & Wolf, Oliver & Pérez-Domínguez, Ignacio & Rueda-Cantuche, Jose M., 2011. "Environmental impacts of changes to healthier diets in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1776-1788, August.
- Alcántara, Vicent & Padilla, Emilio, 2009. "Input-output subsystems and pollution: An application to the service sector and CO2 emissions in Spain," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 905-914, January.
- Llop, Maria & Pié, Laia, 2008. "Input-output analysis of alternative policies implemented on the energy activities: An application for Catalonia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1642-1648, May.
- Leontief, Wassily, 1970. "Environmental Repercussions and the Economic Structure: An Input-Output Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 262-271, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wenlan Ke & Jinghua Sha & Jingjing Yan & Guofeng Zhang & Rongrong Wu, 2016. "A Multi-Objective Input–Output Linear Model for Water Supply, Economic Growth and Environmental Planning in Resource-Based Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-18, February.
- Singh, Vivek Kumar & Henriques, Carla Oliveira & Martins, António Gomes, 2018. "Fostering investment on energy efficient appliances in India–A multi-perspective economic input-output lifecycle assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 1022-1035.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:2:p:160:d:63664 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guerra, Ana-Isabel & Sancho, Ferran, 2018. "Positive and normative analysis of the output opportunity costs of GHG emissions reductions: A comparison of the six largest EU economies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 45-62.
- Yu, Shiwei & Zheng, Shuhong & Zhang, Xuejiao & Gong, Chengzhu & Cheng, Jinhua, 2018. "Realizing China's goals on energy saving and pollution reduction: Industrial structure multi-objective optimization approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 300-312.
More about this item
KeywordsEscalfament global; Unió Europea; Països de la; Canvis climàtics -- Aspectes econòmics -- Unió Europea; Països de la; 33 - Economia; 504 - Ciències del medi ambient;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2015-02-28 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2015-02-28 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HME-2015-02-28 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:urv:wpaper:2072/246959. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ariadna Casals). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deurves.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.