Privatization's Impact on Private Productivity: The Case of Brazilian Iron Ore
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- James A. Schmitz & Arilton Teixeira, 2004. "Privatization's impact on private productivity: the case of Brazilian iron ore," Staff Report 337, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"Government Ownership of Banks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 265-301, February.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopezde-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," NBER Working Papers 7620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "Government Ownership of Banks," Working Paper Series rwp01-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-deSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1890, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & JosÈ Luiz Rossi, 2003. "New Evidence from Brazil on Trade Liberalization and Productivity Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1383-1405, November.
- Davies, David G, 1971. "The Efficiency of Public versus Private Firms, The Case of Australia's Two Airlines," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 149-165, April.
- Forsyth, P J & Hocking, R D, 1980. "Property Rights and Efficiency in a Regulated Environment: The Case of Australian Airlines," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 56(153), pages 182-185, June.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 1999.
"The Benefits of Privatization: Evidence from Mexico,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1193-1242.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane, 1997. "The Benefits of Privatization: Evidence from Mexico," NBER Working Papers 6215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 1997. "The Benefits of Privatization : Evidence from Mexico," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11583, The World Bank.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Coate, Stephen & Morris, Stephen, 1995. "On the Form of Transfers in Special Interests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1210-1235, December.
- SchmitzJr, James A., 2001.
"Government production of investment goods and aggregate labor productivity,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 163-187, February.
- James A. Schmitz, 1997. "Government production of investment goods and aggregate labor productivity," Staff Report 240, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- A. Tarik Timur & Allen Ponak, 2002. "Labor Relations and Technological Change at Canadian Pacific Railway ," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 23(4), pages 535-557, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Aguiar & Guita Gopinath, 2007. "The Role of Interest Rates and Productivity Shocks in Emerging Market Fluctuations," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 445, Central Bank of Chile.
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian & Alvaro Riascos & James A. Schmitz, 2006.
"Latin America in the rearview mirror,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Sep.
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian & Alvaro Riascos & James A. Schmitz, 2004. "Latin America in the rearview mirror," Staff Report 351, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian & Alvaro Riascos & James A. Schmitz, Jr., 2004. "Latin America in the Rearview Mirror," NBER Working Papers 11008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Das, Amarendra, 2012. "Who extracts minerals more efficiently—Public or private firms? A study of Indian mining industry," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 755-766.
- Chang, Roberto & Hevia, Constantino & Loayza, Norman, 2018.
"Privatization And Nationalization Cycles,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(02), pages 331-361, March.
- Chang, Roberto & Hevia, Constantino & Loayza, Norman, 2009. "Privatization and nationalization cycles," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5029, The World Bank.
- Roberto Chang & Constantino Hevia & Norman Loayza, 2010. "Privatization and Nationalization Cycles," NBER Working Papers 16126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roberto Chang & Constantino Hevia & Norman Loayza, 2015. "Privatization and Nationalization Cycles," Working Papers 2015-47, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Steven J. Davis & Luis Rivera-Batiz, 2005. "The Climate for Business Development and Employment Growth in Puerto Rico," NBER Working Papers 11679, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arilton Teixeira & Mirta N. S. Bugarin & Roberto Ellery Jr. & Victor Gomes, 2009. "From a Miracle to a Disaster: the Brazilian Economy in the 3 last Decades," Fucape Working Papers 20, Fucape Business School.
- Kirill Borissov & Mikhail Pakhnin, 2018.
"Economic growth and property rights on natural resources,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 65(2), pages 423-482, March.
- Kirill Borissov & Mikhail Pakhnin, 2014. "Economic Growth and Property Rights on Natural Resources," CEEES Paper Series CE3S-05/14, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Kirill Borissov & Mikhail Pakhnin, 2016. "Economic Growth and Property Rights on Natural Resources," EUSP Department of Economics Working Paper Series Ec-02/16, European University at St. Petersburg, Department of Economics.
- Pereira, Ricardo Antonio de Castro & Ferreira, Pedro Cavalcanti, 2006.
"Impactos de Bem-estar da Privatização de Infra-estrutura,"
FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE)
633, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Ricardo Antonio de Castro Pereira & Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira, 2008. "Impactos de bem-estar da privatização de infra-estrutura," Anais do XXXVI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 36th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 200807211501060, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- repec:sbe:breart:v:30:y:2010:i:1:a:2823 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bridgman, Benjamin & Gomes, Victor & Teixeira, Arilton, 2011. "Threatening to Increase Productivity: Evidence from Brazil's Oil Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1372-1385, August.
- Mark Aguiar & Gita Gopinath, 2007.
"Emerging Market Business Cycles: The Cycle Is the Trend,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 115, pages 69-102.
- Mark Aguiar & Gita Gopinath, 2004. "Emerging Market Business Cycles: The Cycle is the Trend," NBER Working Papers 10734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Aguiar & Gita Gopinath, 2004. "Emerging market business cycles: the cycle is the trend," Working Papers 04-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Araújo, Eurilton, 2012. "Investment-specific shocks and real business cycles in emerging economies: Evidence from Brazil," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 671-678.
- Suparna Chakraborty & Keisuke Otsu, 2012.
"Deconstructing Growth - A Business Cycle Accounting Approach with application to BRICs,"
Studies in Economics
1212, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Chakraborty, Suparna & Otsu, Keisuke, 2012. "Deconstructing Growth - A Business Cycle Accounting Approach with application to BRICs," MPRA Paper 41076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cakir Melek, Nida, 2014. "Productivity, nationalization, and the role of "news": lessons from the 1970s," Research Working Paper RWP 14-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Luiz de Mello, 2011. "Brazil’s Achievements and Challenges," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(1), pages 3-10, March.
- Arilton Teixeira & Benjamin Bridgman & Victor Gomes, 2005. "Sustainable Miracles," 2005 Meeting Papers 421, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kirill Borissov & Alexander Surkov, 2012. "Public versus Private Ownership of Exhaustible Resources in Models of Economic Growth with Heterogeneous Consumers," DEGIT Conference Papers c017_046, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Mark Aguiar & Gita Gopinath, 2008. "Emerging Market Fluctuations: The Role of Interest Rates and Productivity Shocks," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Kevin Cowan & Sebastián Edwards & Rodrigo O. Valdés & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt- (ed.), Current Account and External Financing, edition 1, volume 12, chapter 9, pages 345-367 Central Bank of Chile.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Why do Cross-border Merger/Acquisition Deals become Delayed, or Unsuccessful? – A Cross-Case Analysis in the Dynamic Industries," MPRA Paper 63940, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
More about this item
KeywordsState-owned enterprises; Privatization; Productivity;
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:issued:05-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sedddea.html .