The Efficiency of Public versus Private Firms, The Case of Australia's Two Airlines
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joskow, Paul L, 1985.
"Vertical Integration and Long-term Contracts: The Case of Coal-burning Electric Generating Plants,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 33-80, Spring.
- Paul Joskow, 1984. "Vertical Integration and Long Term Contracts: The Case of Coal Burning Electric Generating Plants," Working papers 361, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Pirrong, Stephen Craig, 1993. "Contracting Practices in Bulk Shipping Markets: A Transactions Cost Explanation," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 937-976, October.
- Newhouse, Joseph P, 1970. "Toward a Theory of Nonprofit Institutions: An Economic Model of a Hospital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 64-74, March.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Masten, Scott E & Meehan, James W, Jr & Snyder, Edward A, 1991. "The Costs of Organization," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 1-25, Spring.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:2:p:333-348 is not listed on IDEAS
- T. N. Srinivasan, 2002. "Privatisation, Regulation, and Competition in South Asia," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 41(4), pages 389-422.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:166-175 is not listed on IDEAS
- John M. Cobin, 2014. "Rare Coin Grading: A Case of Market-Based Regulation," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 34(3), pages 597-630, Fall.
- Elmer G. Wiens, 1978. "A Positive Theory of Government Firm Regulation," UCLA Economics Working Papers 134, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Glenn Withers, 1981. "Efficiency Gains from Banking De-Regulation," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 14(1), pages 35-39.
- Burton Abrams & Plamen Yossifov, 2003. "The Importance Of Property Rights For Economic Outcomes: Lessons From The Transfer Of Productive Assets From Collective To Private Ownership In Bulgarian Agriculture," Microeconomics 0302006, EconWPA.
- Yves Simon & Henri Tezenas du Montcel, 1977. "Théorie de la firme et réforme de l'entreprise," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 28(3), pages 321-351.
- repec:rau:journl:v:12:y:2017:i:2:p:41-56 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristina Gaio & Inês Pinto & Luís Rodrigues, 2016. "Are State-Owned Firms Less Profitable Than Non-State-Owned Firms? European Evidence," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 21(1), pages 3-24.
- T. Tambunan, 1993. "Some Issues With Respect To The Relative Efficiency Of Public Enterprises," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 451-462, July.
- James A. Schmitz, Jr. & Arilton Teixeira, 2008.
"Privatization's Impact on Private Productivity: The Case of Brazilian Iron Ore,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(4), pages 745-760, October.
- James A. Schmitz & Arilton Teixeira, 2004. "Privatization's impact on private productivity: the case of Brazilian iron ore," Staff Report 337, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Walter E. Block, 2014. "Justifying a Stateless Legal Order: A Critique of Rand and Epstein," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 29(Spring 20), pages 21-49.
- Patrick G. Scott & Sanjay K. Pandey, 2000. "The influence of red tape on bureaucratic behavior: An experimental simulation," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 615-633.
- Blankart, Charles B., 1978. "Bureaucratic problems of public choice: Why do public goods still remain public?," Discussion Papers, Series I 111, University of Konstanz, Department of Economics.
- Willner, Johan, 2001. "Ownership, efficiency, and political interference," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 723-748, November.
- Shirley Kress, 1989. "Niskanen effects in the California Community Colleges," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 127-140, May.
- Severin Borenstein & Nancy L. Rose, 2007. "How Airline Markets Work...Or Do They? Regulatory Reform in the Airline Industry," NBER Working Papers 13452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Willner, Johan & Parker, David, 2002. "The Relative Performance of Public and Private Enterprise Under Conditions of Active and Passive Ownership," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30591, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlawec:v:14:y:1971:i:1:p:149-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JLE/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .