The impact of privatization on the performance of the infrastructure sector : the case of electricity distribution in Latin American countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chong, Alberto & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio, 2002.
"Privatization and labor force restructuring around the world,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2884, The World Bank.
- Alberto E. Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2003. "Privatization and Labor Force Restructuring around the World," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1460, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes, 2003. "Privatization and Labor Force Restructuring Around the World," Research Department Publications 4329, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- OKTEN Cagla & ARIN Peren, "undated". "How Does Privatization Affect Efficiency, Productivity and Technology Choice? Evidence from Turkey," EcoMod2003 330700115, EcoMod.
- Boardman, Anthony E & Vining, Aidan R, 1989. "Ownership and Performance in Competitive Environments: A Comparison of the Performance of Private, Mixed, and State-Owned Enterprises," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(1), pages 1-33, April.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio de, 2003. "The Truth about Privatization in Latin America," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm436, Yale School of Management.
- Ros, Agustin J. & Banerjee, Aniruddha, 2000. "Telecommunications privatization and tariff rebalancing: evidence from Latin America," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 233-252, April.
- Wallsten, Scott, 2002. "Does sequencing matter? regulation and privatization in telecommunications reforms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2817, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Marco Manacorda & Tommaso M. Valletti, 2002.
"Telecommunications Reform, Access Regulation, and Internet Adoption in Latin America,"
The Latin American and Caribbean Economic Association - LACEA, vol. 0(Spring 20), pages 153-218, January.
- Estache, Antonio & Manacorda, Marco & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2002. "Telecommunication reforms, access regulation, and Internet adoption in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2802, The World Bank.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Georges Gallais-Hamonno & Zhiqiang Liu & Randall Lutter, 1994. "Productivity Growth and Firm Ownership: An Analytical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(5), pages 1006-1038, October.
- Megginson, William L & Nash, Robert C & van Randenborgh, Matthias, 1994. " The Financial and Operating Performance of Newly Privatized Firms: An International Empirical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 403-452, June.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1997.
"Winners and losers from utility privatization in Argentina : lessons from a general equilibrium model,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1824, The World Bank.
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1999. "Winners and Losers from Utility Privatization in Argentina. Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model," UADE Working Papers 3_1999, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Estache, Antonio & Rodriguez-Pardina, Martin, 1999. "Light and lightning at the end of the public tunnel : reform of the electricity sector in the Southern Cone," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2074, The World Bank.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 1999.
"The Benefits of Privatization: Evidence from Mexico,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1193-1242.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 1997. "The Benefits of Privatization : Evidence from Mexico," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11583, The World Bank.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane, 1997. "The Benefits of Privatization: Evidence from Mexico," NBER Working Papers 6215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffry M. Netter & William L. Megginson, 2001. "From State to Market: A Survey of Empirical Studies on Privatization," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 321-389, June.
- Paul Joskow, 2003.
"Electricity Sector Restructuring and Competition: Lessons Learned,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 40(121), pages 548-558.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2003. "Electricity Sector Restructuring And Competition - Lessons Learned," Working Papers 0314, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2005.
"Water for Life: The Impact of the Privatization of Water Services on Child Mortality,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(1), pages 83-120, February.
- Sebastian Galiani & Paul Gertler & Ernesto Schargrodsky, 2002. "Water for Life: The Impact of the Privatization of Water Services on Child Mortality," Working Papers 54, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Sep 2005.
- Saal, David S & Parker, David, 2001. "Productivity and Price Performance in the Privatized Water and Sewerage Companies of England and Wales," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 61-90, July.
- Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin, 2004. "Have consumers benefited from the reforms in the electricity distribution sector in Latin America?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3420, The World Bank.
- Roman Frydman & Cheryl Gray & Marek Hessel & Andrzej Rapaczynski, 1999. "When Does Privatization Work? The Impact of Private Ownership on Corporate Performance in the Transition Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1153-1191.
- Heckman, James J. & Robb, Richard Jr., 1985. "Alternative methods for evaluating the impact of interventions : An overview," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 239-267.
- Ros, Agustin J, 1999. "Does Ownership or Competition Matter? The Effects of Telecommunications Reform on Network Expansion and Efficiency," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 65-92, January.
- Wallsten, Scott J, 2001. "An Econometric Analysis of Telecom Competition, Privatization, and Regulation in Africa and Latin America," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Manuel Dussan, 1996. "Electric Power Sector Reform in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 46878, Inter-American Development Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ornella Tarola & Sandro Trento, 2010.
"Timing of Investment and Dynamic Pricing in Privatized Sectors,"
DISA Working Papers
1005, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 20 Oct 2010.
- Sandro Brusco & Ornella Tarola & Sandro Trento, 2012. "Timing of Investment and Dynamic Pricing in Privatized Sectors," Department of Economics Working Papers 12-01, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Sandro Brusco & Ornella Tarola & Sandro Trento, 2012. "Timing of Investment and Dynamic Pricing in Privatized Sectors," DISA Working Papers 2012/01, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised Jan 2012.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Blanc, Aymeric, 2009.
"Capture and corruption in public utilities: The cases of water and electricity in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 203-216, June.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Blanc, Aymeric, 2008. "Capture and Corruption in Public Utilities: the Cases of Water and Electricity in Sub-Saharan Africa," IDEI Working Papers 505, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Riham Shendy & Zachary Kaplan & Peter Mousley, 2011. "Toward Better Infrastructure : Conditions, Constraints, and Opportunities in Financing Public-Private Partnerships in Select African Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2331.
- Nakhoda, Aadil, 2014. "The impact of electricity constraints on access to finance: A firm-level study," MPRA Paper 59507, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2008.
"Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Laffont's Lead,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_018, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Antonio Estache & L. Wren-Lewis, 2009. "Towards a Theory of Regulation for Developing Countries: Following Jean-Jacques Laffont's Lead," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43903, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Rossi, Martin A., 2008.
"Regulatory agencies : impact on firm performance and social welfare,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
4509, The World Bank.
- Antonio Estache & Martin A. Rossi, 2009. "Regulatory Agencies: Impact on Firm Performance and Social Welfare," Working Papers ECARES 2009_010, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Eduardo Martínez Chombo, 2009. "Sources of Over-Costs and Distortions in State-Owned Utilities in Mexico," Working Papers 2009-07, Banco de México.
- Luis Andres & José Luis Guasch & Sebastián Lopez Azumendi, 2009.
"Regulatory Governance and Sector Performance: Methodology and Evaluation for Electricity Distribution in Latin America,"
Chapters,in: Regulation, Deregulation, Reregulation, chapter 6
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andres, Luis & Guasch, Jose Luis & Azumendi, Sebastian Lopez, 2008. "Regulatory governance and sector performance : methodology and evaluation for Electricity distribution in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4494, The World Bank.
- Daniel Chiquiar & Manuel Ramos Francia, 2009. "Competitiveness and Growth of the Mexican Economy," Working Papers 2009-11, Banco de México.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Energy Production and Transportation; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Labor Markets; Science Education;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-06-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-06-10 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-EFF-2006-06-10 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2006-06-10 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2006-06-10 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3936. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.