Winners and losers from utility privatization in Argentina : lessons from a general equilibrium model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chisari, Omar & Estache, Antonio & Romero, Carlos, 1999. "Winners and Losers from Utility Privatization in Argentina. Lessons from a General Equilibrium Model," UADE Working Papers 3_1999, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ma, Jun, 1995. "Modelling central-local fiscal relations in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 105-136.
- Shah, Anwar, 1991. "Perspectives on the design of intergovernmental fiscal relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 726, The World Bank.
- Shah, Anwar & DEC, 1994. "A fiscal needs approach to equalization transfers in a decentralized federation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1289, The World Bank.
- Jun Ma, 1995. "Macroeconomic management and intergovernmental relations in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1408, The World Bank.
- Anwar Shah & Zia Qureshi & Amaresh Bagchi & Brian Binder & Heng-fu Zou, 1994. "Intergovernmental fiscal relations in Indonesia: issues and reform options," CEMA Working Papers 474, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Spahn, Paul Bernd, 1995. "China's reform of intergovernmental fiscal relations in the light of European experiences," MPRA Paper 13114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martín Gonzalez-Eiras & Martín Rossi, 2007.
"The Impact of Electricity Sector Privatization on Public Health,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
3349, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Martín Gonzalez-Eiras & Martín A. Rossi, 2007. "The Impact of Electricity Sector Privatization on Public Health," Research Department Publications 3228, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio de, 2003. "The Truth about Privatization in Latin America," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm436, Yale School of Management.
- Emilie Laffiteau & Jean-Marc Montaud, 2005. "Currency Board et ajustements macroéconomiques : les leçons de l’expérience argentine," Documents de travail 120, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Daniele CHECCHI & Massimo FLORIO & Jorge CARRERA, 2004.
"Privatization discontent and its determinants: evidence from Latin America,"
Departmental Working Papers
2004-23, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Checchi, Daniele & Florio, Massimo & Carrera, Jorge, 2005. "Privatization Discontent and Its Determinants: Evidence from Latin America," IZA Discussion Papers 1587, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andres, Luis & Foster, Vivien & Guasch, Jose Luis, 2006. "The impact of privatization on the performance of the infrastructure sector : the case of electricity distribution in Latin American countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3936, The World Bank.
- Gustavo Ferro & Omar Chisari, 2010.
"Tópicos de Economía de la Regulación de los Servicios Públicos,"
- Chisari, Omar & Ferro, Gustavo, 2011. "Tópicos de Economía de la Regulación de los Servicios Públicos," UADE Textos de Discusión 65_2011, Instituto de Economía, Universidad Argentina de la Empresa.
- Eduardo Lora & Mauricio Olivera, 1998.
"Macro Policy and Employment Problems in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4116, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Eduardo Lora & Mauricio Olivera, 1998. "Macro Policy and Employment Problems in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6077, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Paul Joskow, 2003.
"Electricity Sector Restructuring and Competition: Lessons Learned,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., pages 548-558.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2003. "Electricity Sector Restructuring And Competition - Lessons Learned," Working Papers 0314, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Kikeri, Sunita & Nellis, John, 2002. "Privatization in competitive sectors : the record to date," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2860, The World Bank.
- Eduardo Lora & Mauricio Olivera, 1998. "Políticas macro y problemas del empleo en América Latina," Research Department Publications 4117, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Martín Gonzalez-Eiras & Martín A. Rossi, 2007. "El impacto de la privatización del sector eléctrico en la salud pública," Research Department Publications 3229, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Jamasb, T. & Newbery, D. & Pollitt, M., 2004. "'Core Indicators for Determinants and Performance of Electricity Sector in Developing Countries’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0438, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Johnstone, Nick & Wood, Libby & Hearne, Robert R., 1999. "The Regulation of Private Sector Participation in Urban Water Supply and Sanitation: Realising Social and Environmental Objectives in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 24142, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- repec:idb:idbbks:358 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Marin, 2009. "Public-Private Partnerships for Urban Water Utilities : A Review of Experiences in Developing Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2703.
- Jamasb, T. & Mota, R. & Newbery, D. & Pollitt, M., 2004.
"‘Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: A Survey of Empirical Evidence on Determinants and Performance’,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0439, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Mota, Raffaella & Newbery, David & Pollitt, Michael, 2005. "Electricity sector reform in developing countries : a survey of empirical evidence on determinants and performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3549, The World Bank.
- Yin-Fang Zhang & David Parker & Colin Kirkpatrick, 2008.
"Electricity sector reform in developing countries: an econometric assessment of the effects of privatization, competition and regulation,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, pages 159-178.
- Zhang, Yin-Fang & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Parker, David, 2002. "Electricity Sector Reform in Developing Countries: An Econometric Assessment of the Effects of Privatisation, Competition and Regulation," Centre on Regulation and Competition (CRC) Working papers 30593, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Pollitt, Michael, 2008.
"Electricity reform in Argentina: Lessons for developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1536-1567, July.
- Pollitt, M.G., 2004. "‘Electricity Reform in Argentina: Lessons for Developing Countries’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0449, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Clive Harris, 2003. "Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries : Trends, Impacts, and Policy Lessons," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15124.
- Esteban Manuel Greco & Diego Petrecolla & Carlos Adrián Romero, 2011. "Argentina’s Gas and Electricity Reform," Chapters,in: The Economies of Argentina and Brazil, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Andres, Luis & Guasch, Jose Luis & Azumendi, Sebastian Lopez, 2008. "Regulatory governance and sector performance : methodology and evaluation for Electricity distribution in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4494, The World Bank.
- Solanes, Miguel & Jouravlev, Andrei, 2006. "Water governance for development and sustainability," Recursos Naturales e Infraestructura 111, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Stern, J., 2000. "Electricity and telecommunications regulatory institutions in small and developing countries," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 131-157, September.
- Vivien Foster & José Luis Guasch & Luis Andrés & Thomas Haven, 2008. "The Impact of Private Sector Participation in Infrastructure: Lights, Shadows, and the Road Ahead," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 59818, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Labor Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; International Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Health Economics&Finance;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:1824. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .