Crisi economiche e mercati finanziari: di aiuto un nuovo ordine finanziario?
he financial market crises in Japan and the United States due to bubbles and the exchange rate, banking and sometimes foreign debt crises that affected in past years South-East Asia, Russia, Brazil, Argentina, and Turkey made for a brief evaluation of the adequacy of national and international governance mechanisms for preventing and solving them. The widespread dissatisfaction they raise was instrumental in examining whether a larger recourse to finance and risk management is better than macroeconomic management and/or regulation. The types of contract sponsored by Robert J. Shiller in The New Financial Order: Risk in the 21st century have been scrutinised to see whether they offer a better chance to stabilise individual or national income. Even where such an outcome can be secured without aggravating moral hazard, the costs in terms of personal freedom and privacy seem to be particularly high.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Shiller & Ryan Schneider, 1995.
"Labor Income Indices Designed for Use in Contracts Promoting Income Risk Management,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1110, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Shiller, Robert J & Schneider, Ryan, 1998. "Labor Income Indices Designed for Use in Contracts Promoting Income Risk Management," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 44(2), pages 163-82, June.
- Shiller, R.J. & Schneider, R., 1995. "Labor Income Indices Designed for Use in Contracts Promoting Income Risk Management," Papers 730, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Robert J. Shiller & Ryan Schneider, 1995. "Labor Income Indices Designed for Use in Contracts Promoting Income Risk Management," NBER Working Papers 5254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1999.
"Monetary policy and asset price volatility,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 77-128.
- Sen, Amartya, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 152-57, Jan.-Feb..
- Michael Bordo & Barry Eichengreen & Daniela Klingebiel & Maria Soledad Martinez-Peria, 2001. "Is the crisis problem growing more severe?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 51-82, 04.
- Claudio Borio & William English & Andrew Filardo, 2003.
"A tale of two perspectives: old or new challenges for monetary policy?,"
BIS Papers chapters,
in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Monetary policy in a changing environment, volume 19, pages 1-59
Bank for International Settlements.
- Claudio E. V. Borio & Wiliam English & Andrew Filardo, 2003. "A tale of two perspectives: old or new challenges for monetary policy?," BIS Working Papers 127, Bank for International Settlements.
- Stefano G. Athanasoulis & Robert J. Shiller, 2001.
"World Income Components: Measuring and Exploiting Risk-Sharing Opportunities,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1031-1054, September.
- Stefano G. Athanasoulis & Robert J. Shiller, 1999. "World Income Components: Measuring and Exploiting Risk-Sharing Opportunities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1239, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Robert J. Shiller & Allan N. Weiss, 1994.
"Home Equity Insurance,"
NBER Working Papers
4830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Lowe & Claudio Borio, 2002. "Asset prices, financial and monetary stability: exploring the nexus," BIS Working Papers 114, Bank for International Settlements.
- Brousseau, Vincent & Detken, Carsten, 2001. "Monetary policy and fears of financial instability," Working Paper Series 0089, European Central Bank.
- Kotaro Suzumura, 2002. "Introduction to social choice and welfare," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 442, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Sen, Amartya Kumar, 1970. "The Impossibility of a Paretian Liberal," Scholarly Articles 3612779, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bird, Graham, 2001. "IMF Programs: Do They Work? Can They be Made to Work Better?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1849-1865, November.
- Donald L. Kohn & Brian P. Sack, 2003. "Central bank talk: does it matter and why?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Stanley Fischer, 1999. "On the Need for an International Lender of Last Resort," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 85-104, Fall.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:moneta:2003:41. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.