When giving some away makes sense to jump-start the diffusion process
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph Farrell & Garth Saloner, 1985. "Standardization, Compatibility, and Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(1), pages 70-83, Spring.
- John A. Norton & Frank M. Bass, 1987. "A Diffusion Theory Model of Adoption and Substitution for Successive Generations of High-Technology Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(9), pages 1069-1086, September.
- Baohong Sun & Jinhong Xie & H. Henry Cao, 2004. "Product Strategy for Innovators in Markets with Network Effects," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(2), pages 243-254, October.
- John Hauser & Gerard J. Tellis & Abbie Griffin, 2006. "Research on Innovation: A Review and Agenda for," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 687-717, 11-12.
- Hubert Gatignon & Jehoshua Eliashberg & Thomas S. Robertson, 1989. "Modeling Multinational Diffusion Patterns: An Efficient Methodology," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 231-247.
- Harikesh Nair & Pradeep Chintagunta & Jean-Pierre Dubé, 2004.
"Empirical Analysis of Indirect Network Effects in the Market for Personal Digital Assistants,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 23-58, March.
- Nair, Harikesh S. & Chintagunta, Pradeep & Dube, Jean-Pierre, 2003. "Empirical Analysis of Indirect Network Effects in the Market for Personal Digital Assistants," Research Papers 1948, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Sachin Gupta & Dipak C. Jain & Mohanbir S. Sawhney, 1999. "Modeling the Evolution of Markets with Indirect Network Externalities: An Application to Digital Television," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(3), pages 396-416.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 1998. "Learning from the Behavior of Others: Conformity, Fads, and Informational Cascades," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(3), pages 151-170, Summer.
- Shlomo Kalish & Gary L. Lilien, 1983. "Optimal Price Subsidy Policy for Accelerating the Diffusion Of Innovation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(4), pages 407-420.
- Albert C. Bemmaor & Janghyuk Lee, 2002. "The Impact of Heterogeneity and Ill-Conditioning on Diffusion Model Parameter Estimates," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(2), pages 209-220, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:83:y:2018:i:c:p:111-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:33:y:2016:i:4:p:780-796 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:27:y:2010:i:2:p:91-106 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jouret:v:91:y:2015:i:1:p:68-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yifan Dou & Marius Florin Niculescu & Dongjun Wu, 2011. "Optimal Consumer Network Structure Formation under Network Effects: Seeds Controllability and Visibility," Working Papers 11-07, NET Institute, revised Oct 2011.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:27:y:2010:i:2:p:175-187 is not listed on IDEAS
- Christophe Van den Bulte & Yogesh V. Joshi, 2007. "New Product Diffusion with Influentials and Imitators," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 26(3), pages 400-421, 05-06.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:28:y:2011:i:3:p:218-230 is not listed on IDEAS
- Teck-Hua Ho & Shan Li & So-Eun Park & Zuo-Jun Max Shen, 2012. "Customer Influence Value and Purchase Acceleration in New Product Diffusion," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 236-256, March.
- Avagyan, Vardan & Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2016.
"Riding successive product diffusion waves. Building a tsunami via upgrade-rebate programs,"
International Journal of Research in Marketing,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 780-796.
- Avagyan, Vardan & Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2011. "Riding successive product diffusion waves : building a tsunami via upgrade-rebate programs," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb114011, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Heiman, Amir & Ofir, Chezy, 2010. "The Effects of Imbalanced Competition on Demonstration Strategies," Discussion Papers 93131, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Yogesh V. Joshi & David J. Reibstein & Z. John Zhang, 2009. "Optimal Entry Timing in Markets with Social Influence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(6), pages 926-939, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:17:y:2006:i:4:p:243-254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.