Odd Couples: Understanding the Governance of Firm–NGO Alliances
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arya, Bindu & Salk, Jane E., 2006. "Cross-Sector Alliance Learning and Effectiveness of Voluntary Codes of Corporate Social Responsibility," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(02), pages 211-234, April.
- Iain Davies, 2009. "Alliances and Networks: Creating Success in the UK Fair Trade Market," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 109-126.
- Ashman, Darcy, 2001. "Civil Society Collaboration with Business: Bringing Empowerment Back in," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(7), pages 1097-1113, July.
- Shenkar, Oded & Arikan, Ilgaz, 2009. "Business as International Politics: Drawing Insights from Nation-State to Inter-Firm Alliances," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(04), pages 1-31, December.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1999.
"Foundations of Incomplete Contracts,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 115-138.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1998. "Foundations of Incomplete Contracts," NBER Working Papers 6726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hart, Oliver & Moore, John, 1998. "Foundations of incomplete contracts," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19354, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1998. "Foundations of Incomplete Contracts," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1846, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Leete, Laura, 2000. "Wage equity and employee motivation in nonprofit and for-profit organizations," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 423-446, December.
- Murray Weidenbaum, 2009. "Who will Guard the Guardians? The Social Responsibility of NGOs," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 147-155.
- Chris Low, 2006. "A framework for the governance of social enterprise," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(5/6), pages 376-385, May.
- MaryAnn Reynolds & Kristi Yuthas, 2008. "Moral Discourse and Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 47-64.
- David Deephouse & Pursey Heugens, 2009. "Linking Social Issues to Organizational Impact: The Role of Infomediaries and the Infomediary Process," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 541-553.
- Maria Seitanidi & Andrew Crane, 2009. "Implementing CSR Through Partnerships: Understanding the Selection, Design and Institutionalisation of Nonprofit-Business Partnerships," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 413-429.
- Erica Johnson & Aseem Prakash, 2007. "NGO research program: a collective action perspective," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 40(3), pages 221-240, September.
- Dima Jamali & Tamar Keshishian, 2009. "Uneasy Alliances: Lessons Learned from Partnerships Between Businesses and NGOs in the context of CSR," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 277-295.
- Walter, Achim, 2003. "Relationship-specific factors influencing supplier involvement in customer new product development," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 721-733, September.
- Brendan O'Dwyer & Jeffrey Unerman, 2007. "From functional to social accountability: Transforming the accountability relationship between funders and non-governmental development organisations," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(3), pages 446-471, June.
- Oxley, Joanne E, 1997. "Appropriability Hazards and Governance in Strategic Alliances: A Transaction Cost Approach," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(2), pages 387-409, October.
- Preston, Anne E, 1989. "The Nonprofit Worker in a For-Profit World," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 438-463, October.
- Dasgupta, Sudipto & Tao, Zhigang, 1998. "Contractual incompleteness and the optimality of equity joint ventures," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 391-413, December.
- Anoop Madhok, 2006. "How much does ownership really matter? Equity and trust relations in joint venture relationships," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(1), pages 4-11, January.
- Ariño, Africa & de la Torre, Jose & Ring, Peter S., 2001. "Relational quality: Managing trust in corporate alliances," IESE Research Papers D/434, IESE Business School.
- Alchian, Armen A. & Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "The Property Right Paradigm," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 16-27, March.
- Melanie Rein & Leda Stott, 2009. "Working Together: Critical Perspectives on Six Cross-Sector Partnerships in Southern Africa," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 79-89.
- Weisbrod, Burton A, 1983. "Nonprofit and Proprietary Sector Behavior: Wage Differentials among Lawyers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 246-263, July.
- Anoop Madhok, 1995. "Revisiting Multinational firm's Tolerance for Joint Ventures: A Trust-Based approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(1), pages 117-137, March.
- Adobor, Henry & McMullen, Ronald S., 2002. "Strategic partnering in e-commerce: Guidelines for managing alliances," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 67-76.
- Avinash Dixit, 2003. "Some Lessons from Transaction-Cost Politics for Less-Developed Countries," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 107-133, July.
- Messner, Martin, 2009. "The limits of accountability," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 918-938, November.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1983. "Credible Commitments: Using Hostages to Support Exchange," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 519-540, September.
- Jeffrey Unerman & Brendan O'Dwyer, 2006. "On James Bond and the importance of NGO accountability," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 305-318, April.
- Kilby, Patrick, 2006. "Accountability for Empowerment: Dilemmas Facing Non-Governmental Organizations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 951-963, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reiner, Gerald & Gold, Stefan & Hahn, Rüdiger, 2015. "Wealth and health at the Base of the Pyramid: Modelling trade-offs and complementarities for fast moving dairy product case," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 170(PB), pages 413-421.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2820-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Murphy & Daniel Arenas & Joan Batista, 2015. "Value Creation in Cross-Sector Collaborations: The Roles of Experience and Alignment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 145-162.
- Hahn, Rüdiger & Gold, Stefan, 2014. "Resources and governance in “base of the pyramid”-partnerships: Assessing collaborations between businesses and non-business actors," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(7), pages 1321-1333.
- Stephan Manning & Daniel Roessler, 2014. "The Formation of Cross-Sector Development Partnerships: How Bridging Agents Shape Project Agendas and Longer-Term Alliances," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 527-547.
More about this item
Keywordsalliances; B2N alliances; NGOs; governance; opportunism; TCE; trust;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:94:y:2010:i:1:p:55-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .