Does Moral Leadership Enhance Employee Creativity? Employee Identification with Leader and Leader–Member Exchange (LMX) in the Chinese Context
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rego, Arménio & Sousa, Filipa & Marques, Carla & Cunha, Miguel Pina e, 2012. "Authentic leadership promoting employees' psychological capital and creativity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 429-437.
- Yi Tu & Xin Lu, 2013. "Erratum to: How Ethical Leadership Influence Employees’ Innovative Work Behavior: A Perspective of Intrinsic Motivation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 457-457, August.
- Mansour Javidan & Dale E. Carl, 2004. "East Meets West: A Cross‐Cultural Comparison of Charismatic Leadership Among Canadian and Iranian Executives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(4), pages 665-691, June.
- Ayşe Ötken & Tuna Cenkci, 2012. "The Impact of Paternalistic Leadership on Ethical Climate: The Moderating Role of Trust in Leader," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(4), pages 525-536, July.
- Sebastian Schuh & Xin-an Zhang & Peng Tian, 2013. "For the Good or the Bad? Interactive Effects of Transformational Leadership with Moral and Authoritarian Leadership Behaviors," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 629-640, September.
- Millissa F.Y. Cheung & Wei-ping Wu, 2012. "Leader-member exchange and employee work outcomes in Chinese firms: the mediating role of job satisfaction," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 65-81, January.
- Thomas Tang & Toto Sutarso, 2013. "Falling or Not Falling into Temptation? Multiple Faces of Temptation, Monetary Intelligence, and Unethical Intentions Across Gender," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 529-552, September.
- Thomas Tang, 2010. "From Increasing Gas Efficiency to Enhancing Creativity: It Pays to Go Green," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 94(2), pages 149-155, June.
- Tang, Thomas Li-Ping, 1996. "Pay differentials as a function of rater's sex, money ethic, and job incumbent's sex: A test of the Matthew Effect," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 127-144, February.
- Min Wu & Xu Huang & Chenwei Li & Wu Liu, 2012. "Perceived Interactional Justice and Trust-in-supervisor as Mediators for Paternalistic Leadership," Management and Organization Review, The International Association for Chinese Management Research, vol. 8(1), pages 97-121, March.
- van Knippenberg, D.L. & van Dick, R. & Tavares, S., 2005. "Social Identity and Social Exchange: Identification, Support, and Withdrawal from the Job," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2005-093-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Wu, Min & Huang, Xu & Li, Chenwei & Liu, Wu, 2012. "Perceived Interactional Justice and Trust-in-supervisor as Mediators for Paternalistic Leadership," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 97-121, March.
- Sue-Chan, Christina & Au, Al K.C. & Hackett, Rick D., 2012. "Trust as a mediator of the relationship between leader/member behavior and leader-member-exchange quality," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 459-468.
- Gül Erben & Ayşe Begüm Güneşer, 2008. "The Relationship Between Paternalistic Leadership and Organizational Commitment: Investigating the Role of Climate Regarding Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 82(4), pages 955-968, November.
- Wu, Min & Huang, Xu & Li, Chenwei & Liu, Wu, 2012. "Perceived Interactional Justice and Trust-in-supervisor as Mediators for Paternalistic Leadership," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 97-122, March.
- Thomas Tang & Hsi Liu, 2012. "Love of Money and Unethical Behavior Intention: Does an Authentic Supervisor’s Personal Integrity and Character (ASPIRE) Make a Difference?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 107(3), pages 295-312, May.
- Yuh-Jia Chen & Thomas Tang, 2006. "Attitude Toward and Propensity to Engage in Unethical Behavior: Measurement Invariance across Major among University Students," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(1), pages 77-93, November.
- Baker, Thomas L. & Hunt, Tammy G. & Andrews, Martha C., 2006. "Promoting ethical behavior and organizational citizenship behaviors: The influence of corporate ethical values," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(7), pages 849-857, July.
- Dorfman, Peter & Javidan, Mansour & Hanges, Paul & Dastmalchian, Ali & House, Robert, 2012. "GLOBE: A twenty year journey into the intriguing world of culture and leadership," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 504-518.
- Dong, Bin & Torgler, Benno, 2013. "Causes of corruption: Evidence from China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 152-169.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wan Jiang & Qinxuan Gu & Thomas Li-Ping Tang, 2019. "Do Victims of Supervisor Bullying Suffer from Poor Creativity? Social Cognitive and Social Comparison Perspectives," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 157(3), pages 865-884, July.
- Shenjiang Mo & Junqi Shi, 2018. "The Voice Link: A Moderated Mediation Model of How Ethical Leadership Affects Individual Task Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 152(1), pages 91-101, September.
- Sobia Rashid & Ghulam Dastgeer & Tanvi Kayani, 2018. "A Social Exchange Perspective through the Lens of an Individual: Relationship between LMX, Voice and Organizational Commitment in Academia," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 10(3), pages 41-64, September.
- Zucheng Zhou & Ben Nanfeng Luo & Thomas Li‐Ping Tang, 2018. "Corporate Social Responsibility Excites ‘Exponential’ Positive Employee Engagement: The Matthew Effect in CSR and Sustainable Policy," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(4), pages 339-354, July.
- Guohong Helen Han & P. D. Harms & Yuntao Bai, 2017. "Nightmare Bosses: The Impact of Abusive Supervision on Employees’ Sleep, Emotions, and Creativity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 21-31, September.
- Haeyoung Koo & Choelsoon Park, 2018. "Foundation of leadership in Asia: Leader characteristics and leadership styles review and research agenda," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 697-718, September.
- Mehmet Ferhat Özbek & Mohammad Asif Yoldash & Thomas Li-Ping Tang, 2016. "Theory of Justice, OCB, and Individualism: Kyrgyz Citizens," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(2), pages 365-382, August.
- Riedel, Nadine & Stüber, Robert, 2019. "Overearning – Revisited," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 75(PA).
- Muhammad Asif & Miao Qing & Jinsoo Hwang & Hao Shi, 2019. "Ethical Leadership, Affective Commitment, Work Engagement, and Creativity: Testing a Multiple Mediation Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-16, August.
- Elodie Gentina & Thomas Li-Ping Tang & Qinxuan Gu, 2018. "Do Parents and Peers Influence Adolescents’ Monetary Intelligence and Consumer Ethics? French and Chinese Adolescents and Behavioral Economics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 115-140, August.
- Elodie Gentina & Thomas Li-Ping Tang & Qinxuan Gu, 2017. "Does Bad Company Corrupt Good Morals? Social Bonding and Academic Cheating among French and Chinese Teens," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 146(3), pages 639-667, December.
- Sana Mumtaz & Chris Rowley, 2020. "The relationship between leader–member exchange and employee outcomes: review of past themes and future potential," Management Review Quarterly, Springer, vol. 70(1), pages 165-189, February.
- Cheng, Cong & Yang, Monica, 2019. "Creative process engagement and new product performance: The role of new product development speed and leadership encouragement of creativity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 215-225.
- Ningyu Tang & Jingqiu Chen & Kaili Zhang & Thomas Li-Ping Tang, 2018. "Monetary Wisdom: How Do Investors Use Love of Money to Frame Stock Volatility and Enhance Stock Happiness?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 19(6), pages 1831-1862, August.
- Alisher Tohirovich Dedahanov & Faridun Bozorov & Sanghyun Sung, 2019. "Paternalistic Leadership and Innovative Behavior: Psychological Empowerment as a Mediator," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-14, March.
- Thomas Li-Ping Tang & Toto Sutarso & Mahfooz A. Ansari & Vivien Kim Geok Lim & Thompson Sian Hin Teo & Fernando Arias-Galicia & Ilya E. Garber & Randy Ki-Kwan Chiu & Brigitte Charles-Pauvers & Roberto, 2018. "Monetary Intelligence and Behavioral Economics Across 32 Cultures: Good Apples Enjoy Good Quality of Life in Good Barrels," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 148(4), pages 893-917, April.
- Shenjiang Mo & Chu-Ding Ling & Xiao-Yun Xie, 2019. "The Curvilinear Relationship Between Ethical Leadership and Team Creativity: The Moderating Role of Team Faultlines," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 154(1), pages 229-242, January.
- Jie Feng & Yucheng Zhang & Xinmei Liu & Long Zhang & Xiao Han, 2018. "Just the Right Amount of Ethics Inspires Creativity: A Cross-Level Investigation of Ethical Leadership, Intrinsic Motivation, and Employee Creativity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 153(3), pages 645-658, December.
- Muafi & Olivia Fachrunnisa & Yuni Siswanti & Zainal Mustofa Qadri & Dwipraptono Agus Harjito, 2019. "Empowering Leadership and Individual Readiness to Change: the Role of People Dimension and Work Method," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 10(4), pages 1515-1535, December.
- A. Newman & G. Schwarz & B. Cooper & S. Sendjaya, 2017. "How Servant Leadership Influences Organizational Citizenship Behavior: The Roles of LMX, Empowerment, and Proactive Personality," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 49-62, September.
- Sikander Hussain & Xiongying Niu, 2019. "The Relationship between Ethical Leadership and Creativity: The Mediating role of Psychological Capital," International Journal of Science and Business, IJSAB International, vol. 3(4), pages 17-27.
- Ching-Han Fang & Ching-Lin Fang & Ren-Fang Chao & Shang-Ping Lin, 2019. "Paternalistic Leadership and Employees’ Sustained Work Behavior: A Perspective of Playfulness," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-12, November.
- Muhammad Arshad & Ghulam Abid & Francoise Venezia Contreras Torres, 0. "Impact of prosocial motivation on organizational citizenship behavior: the mediating role of ethical leadership and leader–member exchange," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-18.
- Yuanjie Bao & Chaoping Li, 2019. "From moral leadership to positive work behaviors: the mediating roles of value congruence and leader-member exchange," Frontiers of Business Research in China, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 1-18, December.
- Chris C. Gernreich & Sebastian Knop, 2019. "Empowering Creative Employees: Phase-Specific Support In The Front-End Of Innovation," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(08), pages 1-31, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPaternalistic leadership; Moral leadership; Identification with leader; Leader–member exchange (LMX); Relational process; Confucianism; Employee creativity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:126:y:2015:i:3:p:513-529. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.