Does Increased Civil Service Pay Deter Corruption? Evidence from China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonard, Jonathan S, 1987. "Carrots and Sticks: Pay, Supervision, and Turnover," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(4), pages 136-152, October.
- Di Tella, Rafael & Schargrodsky, Ernesto, 2003. "The Role of Wages and Auditing during a Crackdown on Corruption in the City of Buenos Aires," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(1), pages 269-292, April.
- Brian Kulik & Michael O’Fallon & Manjula Salimath, 2008. "Do Competitive Environments Lead to the Rise and Spread of Unethical Behavior? Parallels from Enron," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 703-723, December.
- Klaus Abbink, 2000. "Fair Salaries and the Moral Costs of Corruption," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse1_2000, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Vito Tanzi, 1994. "Corruption, Governmental Activities, and Markets," IMF Working Papers 94/99, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:105:y:2018:i:c:p:171-188 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:jecsur:v:32:y:2018:i:2:p:335-356 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eugen Dimant & Guglielmo Tosato, 2018.
"Causes And Effects Of Corruption: What Has Past Decade'S Empirical Research Taught Us? A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 335-356, April.
- Dimant, Eugen, 2014. "The Antecedents and Effects of Corruption - A Reassessment of Current (Empirical) Findings," MPRA Paper 60947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimant, Eugen & Tosato, Guglielmo, 2017. "Causes and Effects of Corruption: What has Past Decade's Research Taught us? A Survey," MPRA Paper 76445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:5:p:809-826 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscorruption; civil service pay; efficiency wage model; relative deprivation theory;
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2012-12-10 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-TRA-2012-12-10 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41815. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.