Carrots and Sticks: Pay, Supervision and Turnover
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Leonard, Jonathan S, 1987. "Carrots and Sticks: Pay, Supervision, and Turnover," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(4), pages 136-152, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Charles & Medoff, James, 1989. "The Employer Size-Wage Effect," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1027-1059, October.
- Cain, Glen G, 1976. "The Challenge of Segmented Labor Market Theories to Orthodox Theory: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 1215-1257, December.
- Abraham, Katharine G & Farber, Henry S, 1987.
"Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 278-297, June.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority and Earnings," Working papers 407, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Katharine G. Abraham & Henry S. Farber, 1986. "Job Duration, Seniority, and Earnings," NBER Working Papers 1819, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jing Wang & Morley Gunderson & David Wicks, 2018. "The Earnings Effect of Sexual Orientation: British Evidence from Worker‐Firm Matched Data," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 56(4), pages 744-769, December.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz, 1998.
"Internal and External Labor Markets: An Analysis of Matched Longitudinal Employer-Employee Data,"
NBER Chapters, in: Labor Statistics Measurement Issues, pages 357-370,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz, 1997. "Internal and External Labor Markets: An Analysis of Matched Longitudinal Employer-Employee Data," NBER Working Papers 6109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert M. Hutchens, 1993. "Avoiding a Future of Unemployment and Low Wages: What Opportunities Are Open to Young Unskilled Workers?," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_100, Levy Economics Institute.
- Simon D Woodcock, 2002.
"Agent Heterogeneity and Learning: An Application to Labor Markets,"
Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics Technical Papers
2002-20, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Simon D. Woodcock, 2004. "Agent Heterogeneity and Learning: An Application to Labor Markets," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 363, Econometric Society.
- John M. Abowd & Francis Kramarz & Claude Jessua, 1996. "Les politiques salariales : individus et entreprises," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 611-622.
- Carlos Humberto Ortiz & José Ignacio Uribe & Érika Raquel Badillo, 2009.
"Segmentación inter e intrarregional en el mercado laboral urbano de Colombia, 2001-2006,"
Revista ESPE - Ensayos Sobre Política Económica, Banco de la República, vol. 27(58), pages 194-231, August.
- Carlos Humberto Ortiz & José Ignacio Uribe & Érika Raquel Badillo, 2009. "Segmentación inter e intrarregional en el mercado laboral urbano de Colombia, 2001-2006," Revista ESPE - Ensayos sobre Política Económica, Banco de la Republica de Colombia, vol. 27(58), pages 194-231, August.
- José Ignacio Uribe & Carlos Humberto Ortíz & Erika Raquel Badillo, 2008. ""Segmentación inter e intrarregional en el mercado laboral urbano de Colombia 2001-2006"," Documentos de Trabajo 4896, Universidad del Valle, CIDSE.
- Sessions, John G., 2008. "Wages, supervision and sharing," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 653-672, November.
- Beatriz Muriel Hernández, 2016. "An Analysis of Firm Characteristics as Earnings Determinants: The Urban Bolivia Case," Development Research Working Paper Series 04/2016, Institute for Advanced Development Studies.
- Soonae Park & Byung-Yeon Kim & Wonchang Jang & Kyung-Min Nam, 2014. "Imperfect information and labor market bias against small and medium-sized enterprises: a Korean case," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 725-741, October.
- Arellano-Bover, Jaime, 2020. "Career Consequences of Firm Heterogeneity for Young Workers: First Job and Firm Size," IZA Discussion Papers 12969, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Nuno Crespo & Nádia Simões & José Castro Pinto, 2013. "Determinant factors of job quality in Europe," Working Papers Series 2 13-01, ISCTE-IUL, Business Research Unit (BRU-IUL).
- José Ignacio Uribe & Carlos Humberto Ortiz & Gustavo Adolfo García, 2007. "La segmentación del mercado laboral colombiano en la década de los noventa," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 9(16), pages 189-221, January-J.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986. "Efficiency Wage Theories: A Partial Evaluation," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1986, Volume 1, pages 235-290, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert M. Hutchens, "undated". "A Path to Good Jobs? Unemployment and Low Wages: The Distribution of Opportunity for Young Unskilled Workers," Economics Public Policy Brief Archive 11, Levy Economics Institute.
- Ambra Poggi, 2007. "Do Satisfactory Working Conditions Contribute to Explaining Earning Differentials in Italy? A Panel Data Approach," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 21(4‐5), pages 713-733, December.
- Barth, Erling, 1992. "Why Do Some Firms Pay More? An Empirical Investigation of Inter-Firm Wage Differentials," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt7f18t2vt, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Yamaguchi, Shintaro, 2010.
"The effect of match quality and specific experience on career decisions and wage growth,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 407-423, April.
- Shintaro Yamaguchi, 2007. "The Effect of Match Quality and Specific Experience on Career Decisions and Wage Growth," Department of Economics Working Papers 2007-01, McMaster University.
- Ghosh, Suman, 2007. "Job mobility and careers in firms," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 603-621, June.
- Kelly D. Edmiston, 2007. "The role of small and large businesses in economic development," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 92(Q II), pages 73-97.
- Mahmood Araï & Gérard Ballot & Ali Skalli, 1996. "Différentiels intersectoriels de salaire et caractéristiques des employeurs en France," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 299(1), pages 37-58.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:2176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.