What drives the perception of health and safety risks in the workplace? Evidence from European labour markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarin, Rakesh K. & Weber, Martin, 1993. "Risk-value models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 135-149, October.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-319, June.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson, 2005.
"Sex differences in morbidity and mortality,"
Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(2), pages 189-214, May.
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson, 2004. "Sex Differences in Morbidity and Mortality," Working Papers 244, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Anne Case & Christina Paxson, 2004. "Sex Differences in Morbidity and Mortality," Working Papers 171, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Anne C. Case & Christina Paxson, 2004. "Sex Differences in Morbidity and Mortality," NBER Working Papers 10653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas DeLeire & Helen Levy, 2004. "Worker Sorting and the Risk of Death on the Job," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(4), pages 925-954, October.
- Leeth, John D & Ruser, John, 2003. "Compensating Wage Differentials for Fatal and Nonfatal Injury Risk by Gender and Race," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 257-277, December.
- Georges Dionne & Claude Fluet & Denise Desjardins, 2007. "Predicted risk perception and risk-taking behavior: The case of impaired driving," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 237-264, December.
- Adriana Barone & Annamaria Nese, 2003. "On the Job Health Risks: Workers' Beliefs and Individual Work Experiences," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 62(1), pages 125-144, April.
- Muriel Bouyer & Sophie Bagdassarian & Sveti Chaabanne & Etienne Mullet, 2001. "Personality Correlates of Risk Perception," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 21(3), pages 457-466, June.
- Anil Gaba & W. Kip Viscusi, 1998. "Differences in Subjective Risk Thresholds: Worker Groups as an Example," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(6), pages 801-811, June.
- Georges Dionne & Benoit Dostie, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Determinants of Absenteeism Using Linked Employer-Employee Data,"
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 61(1), pages 108-120, October.
- Georges Dionne & Benoit Dostie, 2005. "New Evidence on the Determinants of Absenteeism Using Linked Employer-Employee Data," Cahiers de recherche 05-04, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
- Georges Dionne & Benoit Dostie, 2005. "New Evidence on the Determinants of Absenteeism Using Linked Employer-Employee Data," Cahiers de recherche 0521, CIRPEE.
- Elke U. Weber & Richard A. Milliman, 1997. "Perceived Risk Attitudes: Relating Risk Perception to Risky Choice," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 43(2), pages 123-144, February.
- Keith A. Bender & Hosne A. Mridha & James Peoples, 2006. "Risk Compensation for Hospital Workers: Evidence from Relative Wages of Janitors," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 59(2), pages 226-242, January.
- Elke U. Weber & Christopher Hsee, 1998. "Cross-Cultural Differences in Risk Perception, but Cross-Cultural Similarities in Attitudes Towards Perceived Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(9), pages 1205-1217, September.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Jahn K Hakes, 2008. "Risk Beliefs And Smoking Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(1), pages 45-59, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gudrun Biffl & Anna Faustmann & Doris Gabriel & Thomas Leoni & Christine Mayrhuber & Eva Rückert, 2012. "Psychische Belastungen der Arbeit und ihre Folgen," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 44034, August.
- Christine Mayrhuber & Gerhard Rünstler & Thomas Url & Werner Eichhorst & Michael J. Kendzia & Maarten Gerard & Connie Nielsen, 2011.
"Pension Systems in the EU. Contingent Liabilities and Assets in the Public and Private Sector,"
WIFO, number 43938, August.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Gerard, Maarten & Kendzia, Michael J. & Mayrhuber, Christine & Nielsen, Conny & Rünstler, Gerhard & Url, Thomas, 2011. "Pension Systems in the EU – Contingent Liabilities and Assets in the Public and Private Sector," IZA Research Reports 42, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J. & Staneva, Anita, 2011. "Work-Related Health in Europe: Are Older Workers More at Risk?," IZA Discussion Papers 6044, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Clarice Alves Bonow & Marta Regina Cezar-Vaz & Marlise Capa Verde de Almeida & Laurelize Pereira Rocha & Anelise Miritz Borges & Diéssica Roggia Piexak & Joana Cezar Vaz, 2013. "Risk Perception and Risk Communication for Training Women Apprentice Welders: A Challenge for Public Health Nursing," Nursing Research and Practice, Hindawi, vol. 2013, pages 1-11, October.
- Georges Dionne & Denise Desjardins & Martin Lebeau & Stéphane Messier & André Dascal, 2018. "Health Care Workers’ Risk Perceptions and Willingness to Report for Work during an Influenza Pandemic," Risks, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Jones, Melanie K & Latreille, Paul L & Sloane, Peter J & Staneva, Anita V, 2011. "NILS Working paper no 169. Work-related health in Europe: are older workers more at risk?," NILS Working Papers 26071, National Institute of Labour Studies.
- Van Aerden, Karen & Puig-Barrachina, Vanessa & Bosmans, Kim & Vanroelen, Christophe, 2016. "How does employment quality relate to health and job satisfaction in Europe? A typological approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 132-140.
- Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J. & Staneva, Anita V., 2013. "Work-related health risks in Europe: Are older workers more vulnerable?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 18-29.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk perceptions; Health and safety hazards; Worker heterogeneity; J24; J81;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:empiri:v:37:y:2010:i:2:p:165-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.