Work-Related Health in Europe: Are Older Workers More at Risk?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jones, A., 2007. "Applied Econometrics for Health Economists: A Practical Guide," Monographs, Office of Health Economics, number 000262.
- Anthony Arundel & Edward Lorenz & Bengt-Åke Lundvall & Antoin Valeyre, 2006. "The Organization of Work and Innovative Performance A comparison of the EU-15," DRUID Working Papers 06-14, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1987. "Efficient estimation of limited dependent variable models with endogenous explanatory variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 231-250, November.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L. & Mitchell, Olivia S., 1999.
"New developments in the economic analysis of retirement,"
Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 49, pages 3261-3307,
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & Olivia S. Mitchell, "undated". "New Developments in the Economic Analysis of Retirement," Pension Research Council Working Papers 98-8, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1978. "The Estimation of a Simultaneous Equation Generalized Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1193-1205, September.
- Thomas Leoni, 2010. "What drives the perception of health and safety risks in the workplace? Evidence from European labour markets," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 37(2), pages 165-195, May.
- Lixin Cai & Guyonne Kalb, 2006. "Health status and labour force participation: evidence from Australia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 241-261, March.
- Bound, John & Schoenbaum, Michael & Stinebrickner, Todd R. & Waidmann, Timothy, 1999.
"The dynamic effects of health on the labor force transitions of older workers,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 179-202, June.
- John Bound & Michael Schoenbaum & Todd R. Stinebrickner & Timothy Waidmann, 1998. "The Dynamic Effects of Health on the Labor Force Transitions of Older Workers," NBER Working Papers 6777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rivers, Douglas & Vuong, Quang H., 1988. "Limited information estimators and exogeneity tests for simultaneous probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 347-366, November.
- Cottini, Elena & Lucifora, Claudio, 2010. "Mental Health and Working Conditions in European Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4717, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- W. Kip Viscusi, 2004. "The Value of Life: Estimates with Risks by Occupation and Industry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 29-48, January.
- Adriaan Kalwij & Frederic Vermeulen, 2008. "Health and labour force participation of older people in Europe: What do objective health indicators add to the analysis?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 619-638, May.
- Christopher F Baum & Vince Wiggins & Steven Stillman & Mark E Schaffer & Frank Windmeijer, 1999. "OVERID: Stata module to conduct postestimation tests of overidentification," Statistical Software Components S396902, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 29 Sep 2020.
- Thierry Debrand & Pascale Lengagne, 2008. "Working Conditions and Health of European Older Workers," Working Papers DT8, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Feb 2008.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Mercedes Teijeiro Álvarez (ed.), 2013. "Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación," E-books Investigaciones de Economía de la Educación, Asociación de Economía de la Educación, edition 1, volume 8, number 08, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jones, Melanie K & Latreille, Paul L & Sloane, Peter J & Staneva, Anita V, 2011. "NILS Working paper no 169. Work-related health in Europe: are older workers more at risk?," NILS Working Papers 26071, National Institute of Labour Studies.
- Jones, Melanie K. & Latreille, Paul L. & Sloane, Peter J. & Staneva, Anita V., 2013. "Work-related health risks in Europe: Are older workers more vulnerable?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 18-29.
- Thomas Barnay, 2016.
"Health, work and working conditions: a review of the European economic literature,"
The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(6), pages 693-709, July.
- Thomas Barnay, 2014. "Health, Work and Working Conditions: A Review of the European Economic Literature," Post-Print hal-01044972, HAL.
- Thomas Barnay, 2016. "Health, Work and Working Conditions: A Review of the European Economic Literature," Post-Print hal-01297538, HAL.
- Thomas Barnay, 2014. "Health, Work and Working Conditions: A Review of the European Economic Literature," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1148, OECD Publishing.
- Thomas Barnay, 2014. "Health, Work and Working Conditions: A Review of the European Economic Literature," Working Papers halshs-01100259, HAL.
- Thomas Barnay, 2014. "Health, Work and Working Conditions: A Review of the European Economic Literature," TEPP Working Paper 2014-08, TEPP.
- Thomas Barnay, 2014. "Health, Work and Working Conditions : A Review of the European Economic Literature," Erudite Working Paper 2014-04, Erudite.
- Anna Piil Damm, 2009.
"Ethnic Enclaves and Immigrant Labor Market Outcomes: Quasi-Experimental Evidence,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 281-314, April.
- Damm, Anna Piil, 2006. "Ethnic Enclaves and Immigrant Labour Market Outcomes: Quasi-Experimental Evidence," Working Papers 06-4, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Anna Piil Damm, 2006. "Ethnic Enclaves and Immigrant Labour Market Outcomes: Quasi-Experimental Evidence," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0607, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Bambio, Yiriyibin & Bouayad Agha, Salima, 2018. "Land tenure security and investment: Does strength of land right really matter in rural Burkina Faso?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 130-147.
- Edwin van Gameren, 2008. "Labor Force Participation of Mexican Elderly: The Importance of Health," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 23(1), pages 89-127.
- Ebaidalla Mahjoub Ebaidalla & Mohammed Elhaj Mustafa Ali, 2018. "Chronic Illness and Labor Market Participation in Arab Countries: Evidence from Egypt and Tunisia," Working Papers 1229, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Oct 2018.
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Gerald J. Pruckner, 2007.
"Volunteering and Income – The Fallacy of the Good Samaritan?,"
Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Franz Hackl & Martin Halla & Gerald J Pruckner, 2004. "The fallacy of the Good Samaritan: Volunteering as a weird way of making money," Economics working papers 2004-15, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Thomas E. Guerrero & C. Angelo Guevara & Elisabetta Cherchi & Juan de Dios Ortúzar, 2021. "Addressing endogeneity in strategic urban mode choice models," Transportation, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 2081-2102, August.
- Roy Cerqueti & Fabio Sabatini & Marco Ventura, 2019.
"Civic capital and support for the welfare state,"
Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 53(2), pages 313-336, August.
- Cerqueti, Roy & Sabatini, Fabio & Ventura, Marco, 2016. "Civic capital and support for the welfare state," MPRA Paper 71566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roy Cerqueti & Fabio Sabatini & Marco Ventura, 2017. "Civic capital and support for the welfare state," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 2017/13, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Cerqueti, Roy & Sabatini, Fabio & Ventura, Marco, 2017. "Civic capital and support for the welfare state," EconStor Preprints 171243, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Roy Cerqueti & Fabio Sabatini & Marco Ventura, 2017. "Civic capital and support for the welfare state," Econometica Working Papers wp65, Econometica.
- Guevara, C. Angelo, 2018. "Overidentification tests for the exogeneity of instruments in discrete choice models," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 241-253.
- Nordin, Martin & Rooth, Dan-Olof, 2007.
"The Income Gap Between Natives and Second Generation Immigrants in Sweden: Is Skill the Explanation?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2759, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Martin Nordin & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2007. "The Income Gap Between Natives and Second Generation Immigrants in Sweden: Is Skill the Explanation?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0706, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Jacob N. Arendt, 2002. "Endogeneity and Heterogeneity in LDV Panel Data Models," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 D6-1, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Jirjahn, Uwe, 2007. "R&D and the use of spillovers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 84-88, July.
- Kim, Doosoo, 2020. "An alternative two-step generalized method of moments estimator based on a reduced form model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 192(C).
- Bonsang, Eric, 2009.
"Does informal care from children to their elderly parents substitute for formal care in Europe?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 143-154, January.
- Eric Bonsang, 2008. "Does Informal Care from Children to their Elderly Parents Substitute for Formal Care in Europe?," CREPP Working Papers 0801, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Uwe Jirjahn & Jens Mohrenweiser, 2013.
"Active Owners and the Failure of Newly Adopted Works Councils,"
Research Papers in Economics
2013-04, University of Trier, Department of Economics.
- Jirjahn, Uwe & Mohrenweiser, Jens, 2013. "Active owners and the failure of newly adopted works councils," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-080, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Antecol, Heather & Bedard, Kelly & Helland, Eric, 2001. "Does Single Parenthood Increase the Probability of Teenage Promiscuity, Drug Use, and Crime? Evidence from Divorce Law Changes," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt3fc7n20b, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Reza Baqir, 2001. "Government Spending, Legislature Size, and the Executive Veto," IMF Working Papers 2001/208, International Monetary Fund.
- Oliveira, Alessandro V.M., 2008. "An empirical model of low-cost carrier entry," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 673-695, May.
More about this item
Keywordsmental health; physical health; absence; fatigue; endogeneity; healthy worker selection effect;
All these keywords.
- I0 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - General
- J28 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Safety; Job Satisfaction; Related Public Policy
- J81 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Working Conditions
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2011-11-01 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-EUR-2011-11-01 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-HEA-2011-11-01 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HRM-2011-11-01 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2011-11-01 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/izaaade.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Holger Hinte (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/izaaade.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.