Investment, asset market, and the relative unit labor cost in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francesca Pancotto & Filippo Pericoli, 2014. "Till labor cost do us part," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 371-395, September.
- Luis Miguel Galindo & Jaime Ros, 2008. "Alternatives to inflation targeting in Mexico," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 201-214.
- Carlin, Wendy & Glyn, Andrew & Van Reenen, John, 2001.
"Export Market Performance of OECD Countries: An Empirical Examination of the Role of Cost Competitiveness,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(468), pages 128-162, January.
- Carlin, Carlin & Andrew Glyn & John Van Reenen, 1999. "Export Market Performance of OECD countries: an empirical examination of the role of cost competitiveness," IFS Working Papers W99/22, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Tashiro, Takeshi, 2013.
"Crowding out redefined: the role of reserve accumulation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov, pages 1-43.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Takeshi Tashiro, 2013. "Crowding Out Redefined: The Role of Reserve Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 19652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Tashiro, Takeshi, 2013. "Crowding Out Redefined: The Role of Reserve Accumulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9764, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 2013. "Asia Chartbook: Crises, Credit and Debt, 1835-2013," NBER Working Papers 19655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- André Varella Mollick & René Cabral, 2015. "Assessing Returns To Education And Labor Shocks In Mexican Regions After Nafta," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 190-206, January.
- Robertson, Raymond, 2003. "Exchange rates and relative wages: evidence from Mexico," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 25-48, March.
- Bernardina Algieri, 2011. "The Dutch Disease: evidences from Russia," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 243-277, August.
- Lederman, Daniel & Menendez, Ana Maria & Perry, Guillermo & Stiglitz, Joseph, 2003. "Mexican investment after the Tequila crisis: basic economics, "confidence" effects or market imperfections?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 131-151, February.
- Mourad Zmami & Ousama Ben-Salha, 2015. "Exchange rate movements and manufacturing employment in Tunisia: Do different categories of firms react similarly?," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 137-167, May.
- Ros, Jaime & Skott, Peter, 1998. "Dynamic Effects of Trade Liberalization and Currency Overvaluation under Conditions of Increasing Returns," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(4), pages 466-489, September.
- Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime, 2006. "Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 631-646, April.
- Hongbin Li & Lei Li & Binzhen Wu & Yanyan Xiong, 2012. "The End of Cheap Chinese Labor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 57-74, Fall.
- Ark, Bart van & Stuivenwold, Edwin & Ypma, Gerard, 2005. "Unit labour costs, productivity and international competitiveness," GGDC Research Memorandum 200580, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Joseph Joyce & Linda Kamas, 2003.
"Real and nominal determinants of real exchange rates in Latin America: Short-run dynamics and long-run equilibrium,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 155-182.
- Joyce, J.P. & Kamas, L., 1997. "Real and Nominal Determinants of Real Exchange Rates in Latin America: Short-Run Dynamics and Long-Run Equilibrium," Papers 97-05, Wellesley College - Department of Economics.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Massomeh Hajilee, 2010. "On the relation between currency depreciation and wages," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 525-530.
- Joong S Kang & Jay C Shambaugh, 2014. "Progress Towards External Adjustment in the Euro Area Periphery and the Baltics," IMF Working Papers 14/131, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Massomeh Hajilee, 2010. "On the relation between currency depreciation and domestic investment," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 645-660, July.
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2012. "External Fragility or Deindustrialization: What is the Main Threat to Latin American Countries in the 2010s?," World Economic Review, World Economics Association, vol. 2012(1), pages 1-37, September.
- Ros, Jaime, 2013. "Rethinking Economic Development, Growth, and Institutions," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199684816.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2015.
"Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 63(1), pages 164-196, May.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2014. "Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth," NBER Working Papers 19840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2014. "Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth," Working Papers 14-04, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gustavo Adler & Camilo E Tovar Mora, 2011. "Foreign Exchange Intervention; A Shield Against Appreciation Winds?," IMF Working Papers 11/165, International Monetary Fund.
- Ozlem Onaran, 2009.
"Wage share, globalization and crisis: the case of the manufacturing industry in Korea, Mexico and Turkey,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 113-134.
- Özlem Onaran, 2007. "Wage Share, Globalization, and Crisis: The Case of the Manufacturing Industry in Korea, Mexico, and Turkey," Working Papers wp132, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Antonia LÃPEZ VILLAVICENCIO & Josep Lluís RAYMOND BARA, 2008. "Short-Run And Long-Run Determinants Of The Real Exchange Rate In Mexico," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(1), pages 52-74.
- Paulo Gala, 2008. "Real exchange rate levels and economic development: theoretical analysis and econometric evidence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 273-288, March.
- Thierry Tressel & Shengzu Wang, 2014. "Rebalancing in the Euro Area and Cyclicality of Current Account Adjustments," IMF Working Papers 14/130, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:wea:worler:v:2012:y:2012:i:1:p:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Mitali Das & Hamid Faruqee, 2010. "The Initial Impact of the Crisis on Emerging Market Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 41(1 (Spring), pages 263-323.
More about this item
KeywordsRelative unit labor cost (RULC); Real exchange rate determinants; International capital flows; Foreign reserve accumulation; Real interest rate differentials; Investment determinants; Real exchange rate’s profitability channel; Bounds testing approach; Mexico;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:49:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s10644-015-9175-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.