Investment, asset market, and the relative unit labor cost in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francesca Pancotto & Filippo Pericoli, 2014. "Till labor cost do us part," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 371-395, September.
- Roberto Frenkel & Martin Rapetti, 2012. "External Fragility or Deindustrialization: What is the Main Threat to Latin American Countries in the 2010s?," World Economic Review, World Economics Association, vol. 2012(1), pages 1-37, September.
- Luis Miguel Galindo & Jaime Ros, 2008. "Alternatives to inflation targeting in Mexico," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 201-214.
- Carlin, Wendy & Glyn, Andrew & Van Reenen, John, 2001.
"Export Market Performance of OECD Countries: An Empirical Examination of the Role of Cost Competitiveness,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(468), pages 128-162, January.
- Carlin, Carlin & Andrew Glyn & John Van Reenen, 1999. "Export Market Performance of OECD countries: an empirical examination of the role of cost competitiveness," IFS Working Papers W99/22, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Ros, Jaime, 2013. "Rethinking Economic Development, Growth, and Institutions," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199684816.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Tashiro, Takeshi, 2013.
"Crowding out redefined: the role of reserve accumulation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Nov, pages 1-43.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Takeshi Tashiro, 2013. "Crowding Out Redefined: The Role of Reserve Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 19652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Tashiro, Takeshi, 2013. "Crowding Out Redefined: The Role of Reserve Accumulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 9764, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart, 2013. "Asia Chartbook: Crises, Credit and Debt, 1835-2013," NBER Working Papers 19655, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- André Varella Mollick & René Cabral, 2015. "Assessing Returns To Education And Labor Shocks In Mexican Regions After Nafta," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 33(1), pages 190-206, January.
- Robertson, Raymond, 2003. "Exchange rates and relative wages: evidence from Mexico," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 25-48, March.
- Bernardina Algieri, 2011. "The Dutch Disease: evidences from Russia," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 243-277, August.
- Lederman, Daniel & Menendez, Ana Maria & Perry, Guillermo & Stiglitz, Joseph, 2003. "Mexican investment after the Tequila crisis: basic economics, "confidence" effects or market imperfections?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 131-151, February.
- Mourad Zmami & Ousama Ben-Salha, 2015. "Exchange rate movements and manufacturing employment in Tunisia: Do different categories of firms react similarly?," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 137-167, May.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2015.
"Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 63(1), pages 164-196, May.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2014. "Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth," NBER Working Papers 19840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2014. "Two Tales of Adjustment: East Asian Lessons for European Growth," Working Papers 14-04, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Gustavo Adler & Camilo E Tovar Mora, 2011. "Foreign Exchange Intervention; A Shield Against Appreciation Winds?," IMF Working Papers 11/165, International Monetary Fund.
- Ros, Jaime & Skott, Peter, 1998. "Dynamic Effects of Trade Liberalization and Currency Overvaluation under Conditions of Increasing Returns," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(4), pages 466-489, September.
- Ozlem Onaran, 2009.
"Wage share, globalization and crisis: the case of the manufacturing industry in Korea, Mexico and Turkey,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 113-134.
- Özlem Onaran, 2007. "Wage Share, Globalization, and Crisis: The Case of the Manufacturing Industry in Korea, Mexico, and Turkey," Working Papers wp132, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Antonia LÃPEZ VILLAVICENCIO & Josep Lluís RAYMOND BARA, 2008. "Short-Run And Long-Run Determinants Of The Real Exchange Rate In Mexico," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 46(1), pages 52-74.
- Frenkel, Roberto & Ros, Jaime, 2006. "Unemployment and the real exchange rate in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 631-646, April.
- Hongbin Li & Lei Li & Binzhen Wu & Yanyan Xiong, 2012. "The End of Cheap Chinese Labor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 57-74, Fall.
- Paulo Gala, 2008. "Real exchange rate levels and economic development: theoretical analysis and econometric evidence," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(2), pages 273-288, March.
- Thierry Tressel & Shengzu Wang, 2014. "Rebalancing in the Euro Area and Cyclicality of Current Account Adjustments," IMF Working Papers 14/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Ark, Bart van & Stuivenwold, Edwin & Ypma, Gerard, 2005. "Unit labour costs, productivity and international competitiveness," GGDC Research Memorandum 200580, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Joseph Joyce & Linda Kamas, 2003.
"Real and nominal determinants of real exchange rates in Latin America: Short-run dynamics and long-run equilibrium,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(6), pages 155-182.
- Joyce, J.P. & Kamas, L., 1997. "Real and Nominal Determinants of Real Exchange Rates in Latin America: Short-Run Dynamics and Long-Run Equilibrium," Papers 97-05, Wellesley College - Department of Economics.
- repec:wea:worler:v:2012:y:2012:i:1:p:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Mitali Das & Hamid Faruqee, 2010. "The Initial Impact of the Crisis on Emerging Market Countries," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 41(1 (Spring), pages 263-323.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Massomeh Hajilee, 2010. "On the relation between currency depreciation and wages," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 525-530.
- Joong S Kang & Jay C Shambaugh, 2014. "Progress Towards External Adjustment in the Euro Area Periphery and the Baltics," IMF Working Papers 14/131, International Monetary Fund.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Massomeh Hajilee, 2010. "On the relation between currency depreciation and domestic investment," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 645-660, July.
More about this item
KeywordsRelative unit labor cost (RULC); Real exchange rate determinants; International capital flows; Foreign reserve accumulation; Real interest rate differentials; Investment determinants; Real exchange rate’s profitability channel; Bounds testing approach; Mexico;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:49:y:2016:i:4:d:10.1007_s10644-015-9175-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .