Some Pitfalls in Smooth Transition Models Estimation: A Monte Carlo Study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tucci, Marco P., 2002. "A note on global optimization in adaptive control, econometrics and macroeconomics," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(9-10), pages 1739-1764, August.
- Dick van Dijk & Timo Terasvirta & Philip Hans Franses, 2002.
"Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models — A Survey Of Recent Developments,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-47.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Terasvirta, T. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2000. "Smooth transition autoregressive models - A survey of recent developments," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2000-23/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- van Dijk, Dick & Teräsvirta, Timo & Franses, Philip Hans, 2000. "Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models - A Survey of Recent Developments," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 380, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 17 Jan 2001.
- Novella Maugeri, 2010. "Money Illusion and Rational Expectations: New Evidence from Well Known Survey Data," Department of Economics University of Siena 606, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Hwan Seo, Myung, 2011.
"Estimation Of Nonlinear Error Correction Models,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 201-234, April.
- Myung Hwan Seo, 2007. "Estimation of Nonlinear Error CorrectionModels," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 517, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Seo, Myung Hwan, 2007. "Estimation of nonlinear error correction models," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6802, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benati, Luca & Goodhart, Charles, 2008.
"Investigating time-variation in the marginal predictive power of the yield spread,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1236-1272, April.
- Benati, Luca & Goodhart, Charles, 2007. "Investigating time-variation in the marginal predictive power of the yield spread," Working Paper Series 802, European Central Bank.
- Kapetanios, George & Shin, Yongcheol & Snell, Andy, 2003. "Testing for a unit root in the nonlinear STAR framework," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 112(2), pages 359-379, February.
- Bekiros, Stelios D., 2009. "A robust algorithm for parameter estimation in smooth transition autoregressive models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 36-38, April.
- Kapetanios, George, 2000. "Small sample properties of the conditional least squares estimator in SETAR models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 267-276, December.
- Lundbergh, Stefan & Terasvirta, Timo & van Dijk, Dick, 2003.
"Time-Varying Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 21(1), pages 104-121, January.
- Lundbergh, Stefan & Teräsvirta, Timo & van Dijk, Dick, 2000. "Time-Varying Smooth Transition Autoregressive Models," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 376, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Béreau, Sophie & Villavicencio, Antonia López & Mignon, Valérie, 2010.
"Nonlinear adjustment of the real exchange rate towards its equilibrium value: A panel smooth transition error correction modelling,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 404-416, January.
- Sophie Béreau & Antonia Lopez Villavicencio & Valérie Mignon, 2008. "Nonlinear Adjustment of the Real Exchange Rate Towards its Equilibrium Value: a Panel Smooth Transition Error Correction Modelling," Working Papers 2008-23, CEPII research center.
- Venetis, Ioannis A. & Paya, Ivan & Peel, David A., 2003. "Re-examination of the predictability of economic activity using the yield spread: a nonlinear approach," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 187-206.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Chan, Felix & Theoharakis, Billy, 2011. "Estimating m-regimes STAR-GARCH model using QMLE with parameter transformation," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 81(7), pages 1385-1396.
- Tucci, Marco P, 1998. "The Nonconvexities Problem in Adaptive Control Models: A Simple Computational Solution," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 12(3), pages 203-222, December.
- de Jong, Robert M., 2001. "Nonlinear estimation using estimated cointegrating relations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 109-122, March.
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Gupta, Rangan & Shah, Zahra B., 2011.
"An in-sample and out-of-sample empirical investigation of the nonlinearity in house prices of South Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 891-899, May.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Zahra Shah, 2010. "An In-Sample and Out-of-Sample Empirical Investigation of the Nonlinearity in House Prices of South Africa," Working Papers 201008, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- de Jong, Robert M., 2002. "Nonlinear minimization estimators in the presence of cointegrating relations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 241-259, October.
- Marianna Brunetti & Costanza Torricelli, 2009. "Economic activity and recession probabilities: information content and predictive power of the term spread in Italy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(18), pages 2309-2322.
- Felix Chan & Michael McAleer, 2002. "Maximum likelihood estimation of STAR and STAR-GARCH models: theory and Monte Carlo evidence," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 509-534.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Chuffart, 2015.
"Selection Criteria in Regime Switching Conditional Volatility Models,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-28, May.
- Thomas Chuffart, 2013. "Selection Criteria in Regime Switching Conditional Volatility Models," Working Papers halshs-00844413, HAL.
- Thomas Chuffart, 2015. "Selection Criteria in Regime Switching Conditional Volatility Models," Post-Print hal-01457388, HAL.
- Thomas Chuffart, 2013. "Selection Criteria in Regime Switching Conditional Volatility Models," AMSE Working Papers 1339, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France, revised 14 Jul 2013.
- Tolga Omay & Furkan Emirmahmutoğlu, 2017. "The Comparison of Power and Optimization Algorithms on Unit Root Testing with Smooth Transition," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 623-651, April.
- Murat Midilic, 2016. "Estimation Of Star-Garch Models With Iteratively Weighted Least Squares," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 16/918, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Kulaksizoglu, Tamer, 2015. "Unit Roots and Smooth Transitions: A Replication," MPRA Paper 61867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsSmooth transition models; Nonlinear least squares; Maximum likelihood; Monte Carlo methods; Finite sample bias; Consistency;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:compec:v:44:y:2014:i:3:p:339-378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.