Multinomial Logit Market Share Models: Equilibrium Characteristics and Strategic Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Kotler, 1965. "Competitive Strategies for New Product Marketing Over the Life Cycle," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 12(4), pages 104-119, December.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller, 1986. "Advertising Pulsing Policies for Generating Awareness for New Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 89-106.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller, 1986. "Reply—Reflections on Advertising Pulsing Policies for Generating Awareness for New Products," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 110-111.
- Aneel Karnani, 1985. "Strategic Implications of Market Share Attraction Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(5), pages 536-547, May.
- John R. Hauser & Steven P. Gaskin, 1984. "Application of the “Defender” Consumer Model," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 3(4), pages 327-351.
- K. Ravi Kumar & D. Sudharshan, 1988. "Defensive Marketing Strategies: An Equilibrium Analysis Based on Decoupled Response Function Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 805-815, July.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 1993. "Investigating the Sensitivity of Equilibrium Profits to Advertising Dynamics and Competitive Effects," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1146-1162, September.
- Besanko, David & Perry, Martin K & Spady, Richard H, 1990. "The Logit Model of Monopolistic Competition: Brand Diversity," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 397-415, June.
- George E. Monahan, 1987. "The Structure of Equilibria in Market Share Attraction Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(2), pages 228-243, February.
- Cubbin, John S & Domberger, Simon, 1988. "Advertising and Post-entry Oligopoly Behaviour," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 123-140, December.
- Thomas S. Gruca & K. Ravi Kumar & D. Sudharshan, 1992. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Defensive Response to Entry Using a Coupled Response Function Model," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(4), pages 348-358.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mesak, Hani I. & Bari, Abdullahel & Blackstock, Rob, 2016. "On the robustness and strategic implications of a parsimonious advertising – inventory competitive model with extensions to pricing competition," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 38-47.
- Ulrike Schuster & J?rgen W?ckl, 2005. "Optimal Defensive Strategies under Varying Consumer Distributional Patterns and Market Maturity," Journal of Economics and Management, College of Business, Feng Chia University, Taiwan, vol. 1(2), pages 187-206, July.
- Weixin Shang & Liming Liu, 2011. "Promised Delivery Time and Capacity Games in Time-Based Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(3), pages 599-610, March.
- Benati, Stefano & Hansen, Pierre, 2002. "The maximum capture problem with random utilities: Problem formulation and algorithms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 143(3), pages 518-530, December.
- Gérard P. Cachon & A. Gürhan Kök, 2007. "Category Management and Coordination in Retail Assortment Planning in the Presence of Basket Shopping Consumers," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(6), pages 934-951, June.
- Javier Santiago Ortiz Correa, 2003.
"La rentabilidad desde la organización industrial: Una revisión de trabajos,"
REVISTA ECOS DE ECONOMÍA,
UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT, April.
- Javier Santiago Ortiz Correa, 2003. "La rentabilidad desde la organización industrial. Una revisión de trabajos," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 003919, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Admiraal, P-H. & Carree, M.A., 2000. "Competition and Market Dynamics on the Russian Deposits Market," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2000-25-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Gérard P. Cachon & Christian Terwiesch & Yi Xu, 2008. "On the Effects of Consumer Search and Firm Entry in a Multiproduct Competitive Market," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(3), pages 461-473, 05-06.
- Aravindakshan Ashwin & Ratchford Brian, 2011. "Solving Share Equations in Logit Models Using the LambertW Function," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-19, April.
- Awi Federgruen & Nan Yang, 2009. "Competition Under Generalized Attraction Models: Applications to Quality Competition Under Yield Uncertainty," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(12), pages 2028-2043, December.
- Timothy Park & Ashok K. Mishra & Shawn J. Wozniak, 2014. "Do farm operators benefit from direct to consumer marketing strategies?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 213-224, March.
More about this item
KeywordsMNL Market Attraction Models; Equilibrium Analysis; Entry and Market Expansion; Competitive Pricing and Advertising; Free-Entry Equilibrium;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:44:y:1998:i:10:p:1396-1408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.