Devaluation and Income Inequality Nexus: Evidence from Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Shahbaz Akmal & Qazi Masood Ahmad & Mohsin Hussain Ahmad & Muhammad Sabihuddin Butt, 2007. "An Empirical Investigation of the Relationship between Trade Liberalization and Poverty Reduction: A Case for Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 99-118, Jan-Jun.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Naveed Aamir, 2007. "Rural-Urban Income Inequality under Financial Development and Trade Openness in Pakistan: The Econometric Evidence," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 46(4), pages 657-672.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Massomeh Hajilee, 2010. "On the relation between currency depreciation and wages," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 525-530.
- Sidney S. Alexander, 1952. "Effects of a Devaluation on a Trade Balance," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 2(2), pages 263-278, April.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Massomeh Hajilee, 2010. "On the relation between currency depreciation and domestic investment," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(4), pages 645-660, July.
- Krugman, Paul & Taylor, Lance, 1978. "Contractionary effects of devaluation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 445-456, August.
- Muhammad Shahbaz, 2010. "Income inequality-economic growth and non-linearity: a case of Pakistan," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(8), pages 613-636, July.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam & Naveed Aamir, 2012.
"Is devaluation contractionary? Empirical evidence for Pakistan,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 299-316, November.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Faridul, Islam & Naveed, Aamir, 2011. "Is devaluation contractionary? empirical evidence for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 32520, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Aug 2011.
- Tuomas Malinen, 2012. "Estimating the long-run relationship between income inequality and economic development," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 209-233, February.
- Doyle, Chris, 1996. "The Distributional Consequences during the Early Stages of Russia's Transition," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(4), pages 493-505, December.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1989.
"Exchange Rate Misalignment in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 4(1), pages 3-21, January.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1987. "Exchange Rate Misalignment in Developing Countries," UCLA Economics Working Papers 442, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Wan, Guanghua, 2002. "Income Inequality and Growth in Transition Economies: Are Nonlinear Models Needed?," WIDER Working Paper Series 104, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee, 1997. "Effects of devaluation on income distribution," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(5), pages 321-323.
- Mark W. Frank, 2005. "Income Inequality and Economic Growth in the U.S. :A Panel Cointegration Approach," Working Papers 0503, Sam Houston State University, Department of Economics and International Business.
- Osmani, S.R., 2005. "The impact of globalization on poverty in Bangladesh," ILO Working Papers 993870563402676, International Labour Organization.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2011.
"International trade and income distribution: reconsidering the evidence,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(4), pages 593-619, November.
- Isabelle Bensidoun & Sébastien Jean & Aude Sztulman, 2005. "International Trade and Income Distribution: Reconsidering the Evidence," Working Papers 2005-17, CEPII research center.
- Jagdish Bhagwati, 2002. "Trade and Poverty in the Poor Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 180-183, May.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan, 2005. "The saving and investment nexus for China: evidence from cointegration tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(17), pages 1979-1990.
- Muhammad SHAHBAZ, 2009. "On Nominal and Real Devaluations Relation: An Econometric Evidence for Pakistan," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 9(1).
- Mohtadi, Hamid, 1988. "Growth-Distribution Trade-offs: The Role of Capacity Utilisation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(4), pages 419-433, December.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2004. "Globalization and growth in emerging markets," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 465-484, June.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. "Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam, 2011.
"Financial Development And Income Inequality In Pakistan: An Application Of Ardl Approach,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 35-58, March.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Islam, Faridul, 2011. "Financial development and income inequality in Pakistan: An application of ARDL approach," MPRA Paper 28222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:lje:journl:v:1:y:2007:i:1:p:99-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milanovic, Branko, 1995. "Poverty, inequality, and social policy in transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1530, The World Bank.
- Shrestha, Min B. & Chowdhury, Khorshed, 2005. "ARDL Modelling Approach to Testing the Financial Liberalisation Hypothesis," Economics Working Papers wp05-15, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Papanek, Gustav F. & Kyn, Oldrich, 1986. "The effect on income distribution of development, the growth rate and economic strategy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 55-65, September.
- Kristin J. Forbes, 2000. "A Reassessment of the Relationship between Inequality and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 869-887, September.
- Jha, Sailesh K., 1996. "The Kuznets curve: A reassessment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 773-780, April.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish, 2004. "Anti-globalization: why?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 439-463, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amjad Ali & Nooreen Mujahid & Yahya Rashid & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2015.
"Human Capital Outflow and Economic Misery: Fresh Evidence for Pakistan,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 124(3), pages 747-764, December.
- Ali, Amjad & Mujahid, Noreen & Rashid, Yahya & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2014. "Human Capital Outflow and Economic Misery:Fresh Evidence for Pakistan," MPRA Paper 57678, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Jul 2014.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-584 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:quaeco:v:68:y:2018:i:c:p:266-282 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsDevaluation; Income Inequality; EKC; ARDL;
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ijr:journl:v:1:y:2013:i:4:p:48-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Muhammad Shahbaz (PhD Applied Economics)). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tesdopk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.