An Empirical Investigation of the Relationship between Trade Liberalization and Poverty Reduction: A Case for Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Jong-Wha, 1996. "Government Interventions and Productivity Growth," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 391-414, September.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2002. "Growth Is Good for the Poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 195-225, September.
- By Gunnar Jonsson & Arvind Subramanian, 2001.
"Dynamic Gains from Trade: Evidence from South Africa,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(1), pages 1-8.
- Arvind Subramanian & Gunnar Jonsson, 2000. "Dynamic Gains From Trade; Evidence From South Africa," IMF Working Papers 00/45, International Monetary Fund.
- L. ALAN WINTERS & NEIL McCULLOCH & ANDREW McKAY, 2015.
"Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Tariff Barriers, Regionalism and Poverty Essays in Applied International Trade Analysis, chapter 14, pages 271-314
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- L. Alan Winters & Neil McCulloch & Andrew McKay, 2004. "Trade Liberalization and Poverty: The Evidence So Far," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 42(1), pages 72-115, March.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, January.
- Reint Gropp & Liam P. Ebrill & Janet Gale Stotsky, 1999. "Revenue Implications of Trade Liberalization," IMF Occasional Papers 180, International Monetary Fund.
- Gaurav Datt & Martin Ravallion, 1998. "Farm productivity and rural poverty in India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 62-85.
- Chakrabarti, Avik, 2001. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment: Sensitivity Analyses of Cross-Country Regressions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 89-113.
- Rod Falvey, 1994. "Revenue enhancing tariff reform," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(1), pages 175-190, March.
- David Bevan, 1995. "Fiscal Implications of Trade Liberalization," IMF Working Papers 95/50, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Faridul, Islam & Muhammad Sabihuddin, Butt, 2011. "Devaluation and income inequality: Evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 35522, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 21 Dec 2011.
- Fatima, Amber & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Islam, Faridul, 2012.
"Nexus of Trade, Investment and Poverty: Evidence from Pakistan,"
Bangladesh Development Studies,
Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 35(2), pages 87-108, June.
- Amber, Fatima & Muhammad, Shahbaz & Faridul, Islam, 2012. "Nexus of trade, investment and poverty: evidence from Pakistan," MPRA Paper 39068, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 May 2012.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam, 2011.
"Financial Development And Income Inequality In Pakistan: An Application Of Ardl Approach,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 35-58, March.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Islam, Faridul, 2011. "Financial development and income inequality in Pakistan: An application of ARDL approach," MPRA Paper 28222, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Faridul Islam & Muhammad Sabihuddin Butt, 2013. "Devaluation and Income Inequality Nexus: Evidence from Pakistan," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 1(4), pages 48-58, April.
- James Nyarkoh, Bright, 2017. "Modelling Trade Liberalisation-Poverty Nexus for Ghana," MPRA Paper 76209, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade; Liberalization; Poverty;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:12:y:2007:i:1:p:99-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsecopk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.