Do oil futures prices help predict future oil prices?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2007.
"Technology Adoption from Hybrid Corn to Beta-Blockers,"
NBER Chapters,in: Hard-to-Measure Goods and Services: Essays in Honor of Zvi Griliches, pages 545-570
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2005. "Technology adoption from hybrid corn to beta blockers," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jonathan Skinner & Douglas Staiger, 2005. "Technology Adoption From Hybrid Corn to Beta Blockers," NBER Working Papers 11251, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ron Alquist & Lutz Kilian, 2010.
"What do we learn from the price of crude oil futures?,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(4), pages 539-573.
- Alquist, Ron & Kilian, Lutz, 2007. "What Do We Learn from the Price of Crude Oil Futures?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6548, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jinjarak, Yothin, 2014. "Equity prices and financial globalization," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 49-57.
- Panopoulou, Ekaterini & Pantelidis, Theologos, 2015.
"Speculative behaviour and oil price predictability,"
Elsevier, pages 128-136.
- Ekaterini Panopoulou & Theologos Pantelidis, 2014. "Speculative behaviour and oil price predictability," Discussion Paper Series 2014_09, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2014.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Olivier Coibion, 2014.
"The Predictive Content of Commodity Futures,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(7), pages 607-636, July.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Olivier Coibion, 2010. "The Predictive Content of Commodity Futures," NBER Working Papers 15830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Olivier Coibion, 2010. "The Predictive Content of Commodity Futures," Working Papers 89, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Alessandra Amendola & Vincenzo Candila & Antonio Scognamillo, 2017. "On the influence of US monetary policy on crude oil price volatility," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 155-178, February.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Pekkaya, Mehmet, 2007.
"Spot Ve Vadeli̇ İşlem Fi̇yatlarinin Varyanslari Arasindaki̇ Nedenselli̇k Testi̇
[Causality in variance test between spot and futures prices]," MPRA Paper 71301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mona Shazly & Alice Lou, 2016. "Comparing the Forecasting Performance of Futures Oil Prices with Genetically Evolved Neural Networks," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(4), pages 361-376, November.
- Michele Cavallo & Tao Wu, 2006.
"Measuring oil-price shocks using market-based information,"
Working Paper Series
2006-28, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Tao Wu & Michele Cavallo, 2012. "Measuring Oil-Price Shocks Using Market-Based Information," IMF Working Papers 12/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Tao Wu & Michele Cavallo, 2009. "Measuring oil-price shocks using market-based information," Working Papers 0905, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- E. Mamatzakis, 2014. "Revealing asymmetries in the loss function of WTI oil futures market," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 411-426, September.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard, Lynda Khalaf, Maral Kichian, and Sebastien McMahon, 2015. "The Convenience Yield and the Informational Content of the Oil Futures Price," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Alquist, Ron & Kilian, Lutz & Vigfusson, Robert J., 2013.
"Forecasting the Price of Oil,"
Handbook of Economic Forecasting,
- Ron Alquist & Lutz Kilian & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2011. "Forecasting the price of oil," International Finance Discussion Papers 1022, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ron Alquist & Lutz Kilian & Robert J. Vigfusson, 2011. "Forecasting the Price of Oil," Staff Working Papers 11-15, Bank of Canada.
- Alquist, Ron & Kilian, Lutz & Vigfusson, Robert J., 2011. "Forecasting the Price of Oil," CEPR Discussion Papers 8388, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bahel, Eric, 2011.
"Optimal management of strategic reserves of nonrenewable natural resources,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 267-280, May.
- Eric Bahel, 2010. "Optimal Management of Strategic Reserves of Nonrenewable Natural Resources," Working Papers e07-27, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Kuper, Gerard H., 2012. "Inventories and upstream gasoline price dynamics," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 208-214.
- de Almeida, Pedro & Silva, Pedro D., 2009. "The peak of oil production--Timings and market recognition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 1267-1276, April.
- Chesnes, Matthew, 2015. "The impact of outages on prices and investment in the U.S. oil refining industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 324-336.
- Nixon, Dan & Smith, Tom, 2012. "What can the oil futures curve tell us about the outlook for oil prices?," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 52(1), pages 39-47.
- Tao Wu & Michele Cavallo, 2007. "Measuring oil-price shocks using market-based information," 2007 Meeting Papers 953, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ashima Goyal & Shruti Tripathi, 2012. "Regulations and price discovery: oil spot and futures markets," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-016, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
KeywordsPetroleum products - Prices ; Petroleum industry and trade ; Economic forecasting;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedfel:y:2005:i:dec30:n:2005-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Research Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbsfus.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .