Groundwater pumping and spatial externalities in agriculture
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Pfeiffer, Lisa & Lin, C.Y. Cynthia, 2009. "Groundwater Pumping and Spatial Externalities in Agriculture," Working Papers 225899, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote & José A. Scheinkman, 1996.
"Crime and Social Interactions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 507-548.
- Edward E. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1995. "Crime and Social Interactions," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1738, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Bruce Sacerdote & Jose A. Scheinkman, 1995. "Crime and Social Interactions," NBER Working Papers 5026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Libecap, Gary D & Wiggins, Steven N, 1984. "Contractual Responses to the Common Pool: Prorationing of Crude Oil Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(1), pages 87-98, March.
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Janmaat, Johannus A., 2005. "Sharing clams: tragedy of an incomplete commons," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 26-51, January.
- Saak, Alexander E. & Peterson, Jeffrey M., 2007. "Groundwater use under incomplete information," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 214-228, September.
- William A. Brock & Steven N. Durlauf, 2001. "Discrete Choice with Social Interactions," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 68(2), pages 235-260.
- Lin, C.-Y. Cynthia, 2009. "Estimating strategic interactions in petroleum exploration," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 586-594, July.
- Santiago Rubio & Begoña Casino, 2003. "Strategic Behavior and Efficiency in the Common Property Extraction of Groundwater," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(1), pages 73-87, September.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 2005. "Optimal spatial management of renewable resources: matching policy scope to ecosystem scale," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 23-46, July.
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2010.
"On the spatial nature of the groundwater pumping externality,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 154-164, April.
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2006. "On the spatial nature of the groundwater pumping externality," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21035, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Burness, H. Stuart & Brill, Thomas C., 2001. "The role for policy in common pool groundwater use," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 19-40, January.
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Lewis, Tracy R, 1984. "Appropriability and the Extraction of a Common Property Resource," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 51(204), pages 393-400, November.
- Oscar R. Burt, 1964. "Optimal Resource Use Over Time with an Application to Ground Water," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 11(1), pages 80-93, September.
- Elena G. Irwin, 2002. "Interacting agents, spatial externalities and the evolution of residential land use patterns," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(1), pages 31-54, January.
- Robalino, Juan A. & Pfaff, Alexander, 2012. "Contagious development: Neighbor interactions in deforestation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 427-436.
- Gisser, Micha, 1983. "Groundwater: Focusing on the Real Issue," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(6), pages 1001-1027, December.
- Jay E. Noel & B. Delworth Gardner & Charles V. Moore, 1980. "Optimal Regional Conjunctive Water Management," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 489-498.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cobourn, Kelly M. & Amacher, Gregory S. & Elbakidze, Levan, 2015. "Bargaining for recharge: an analysis of cooperating and conjunctive surface water-groundwater management," 2016 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2016, San Francisco, California 212843, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Bhargava, Anil K. & Lybbert, Travis J. & Spielman, David J., 2015. "Public benefits of private technology adoption: The localized spatial externalities of water conservation in eastern Uttar Pradesh:," IFPRI discussion papers 1455, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Li, Haoyang & Zhao, Jinhua, 2016. "Rebound Effect of Irrigation Technologies? The Role of Water Rights," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235966, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Gomez Gomez, Carlos Mario & Perez Blanco, Carlos Dionisio, 2013. "Myths and Maths of Water Efficiency: An Analytical Framework to Assess the Real Outcome of Water Saving Technologies in Irrigation," 87th Annual Conference, April 8-10, 2013, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 158690, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Carlos Gómez & C. Pérez-Blanco, 2014.
"Simple Myths and Basic Maths About Greening Irrigation,"
Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA),
Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(12), pages 4035-4044, September.
- Carlos M. Gómez & C. Dionisio Pérez-Blanco, 2015. "Simple Myths and Basic Maths about Greening Irrigation," Working Papers 2015.08, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Xiaoying Liu, Mare Sarr and Timothy Swanson, 2014.
"Resistance to the Regulation of Common Resources in Rural Tunisia,"
414, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Liu, Xiaoying & Sarr, Mare & Swanson, Timothy, 2014. "Resistance to the Regulation of Common Resources in Rural Tunisia," Discussion Papers dp-14-17-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Xiaoying Liu & Mare Sarr & Timothy Swanson, 2014. "Resistance to the Regulation of Common Resources in Rural Tunisia," CIES Research Paper series 30-2014, Centre for International Environmental Studies, The Graduate Institute.
- Guilfoos, Todd & Pape, Andreas D. & Khanna, Neha & Salvage, Karen, 2013. "Groundwater management: The effect of water flows on welfare gains," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 31-40.
- Eskander, Shaikh & Barbier, Edward, 2016.
"Adaptation to Natural Disasters Through the Agricultural Land Rental Market: Evidence from Bangladesh,"
2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts
235648, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Shaikh Eskander & Edward Barbier, 2016. "Adaptation to natural disasters through the agricultural land rental market: evidence from Bangladesh," GRI Working Papers 236, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Collie, Samuel, 2015. "Accounting for well capacity in the economic decision making of groundwater users," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205783, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Pfeiffer, Lisa & Lin, Cynthia, 2013. "The Effects of Energy Prices on Groundwater Extraction in Agriculture in the High Plains Aquifer," 2014 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2014, Philadelphia, PA 161890, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Peterson, Jeffrey M. & Saak, Alexander E., 2013. "Spatial externalities in aquifers with varying thickness: Theory and numerical results for the Ogallala aquifer," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150553, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Kovacs, Kent & Popp, Michael & Bryce, Kristofer & West, Grant, 2015. "On-Farm Reservoir Adoption in the Presence of Spatially Explicit Groundwater Use and Recharge," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 40(1), January.
- Hrozencik, Robert Aaron & Manning, Dale T., 2016. "Groundwater Management Policy Evaluation with a Spatial-Dynamic Hydro-Economic Modelling Framework," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236116, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Matthew Sanderson & R. Frey, 2015. "Structural impediments to sustainable groundwater management in the High Plains Aquifer of western Kansas," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(3), pages 401-417, September.
- Suarez, Federico & Fulginiti, Lilyan & Perrin, Richard, 2015. "The Value of Water in Agriculture: The U.S. High Plains Aquifer," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211644, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bertone Oehninger, Ernst & Lin Lawell, C.-Y. Cynthia & Sanchirico, James & Springborn, Michael, 2016. "The effects of climate change on groundwater extraction for agriculture and land-use change," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235724, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsGroundwater management; Spatial externalities; Nonrenewable resources; Common property resource;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:64:y:2012:i:1:p:16-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.