Groundwater management: The effect of water flows on welfare gains
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saak, Alexander E. & Peterson, Jeffrey M., 2007. "Groundwater use under incomplete information," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 214-228, September.
- Phoebe Koundouri, 2004.
"Current Issues in the Economics of Groundwater Resource Management,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 703-740, December.
- Phoebe Koundouri, "undated". "Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management," DEOS Working Papers 0402, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Koundouri, Phoebe, 2004. "Current issues in the economics of groundwater resource management," MPRA Paper 38425, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Santiago Rubio & Begoña Casino, 2003. "Strategic Behavior and Efficiency in the Common Property Extraction of Groundwater," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 26(1), pages 73-87, September.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Glenn Sheriff & Tobias Siegfried & Woonghee Huh, 2012.
"Optimal Mechanisms for Heterogeneous Multi-Cell Aquifers,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(2), pages 265-291, June.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Glenn Sheriff & Tobias Siegfried & Woonghee Tim Huh, 2011. "Optimal Mechanisms for Heterogeneous Multi-cell Aquifers," Working Papers 2011.28, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2010.
"On the spatial nature of the groundwater pumping externality,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 154-164, April.
- Brozovic, Nicholas & Sunding, David L. & Zilberman, David, 2006. "On the spatial nature of the groundwater pumping externality," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21035, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kim, C. S. & Moore, Michael R. & Hanchar, John J. & Nieswiadomy, Michael, 1989. "A dynamic model of adaptation to resource depletion: theory and an application to groundwater mining," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 66-82, July.
- Pfeiffer, Lisa & Lin, C.-Y. Cynthia, 2012.
"Groundwater pumping and spatial externalities in agriculture,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 16-30.
- Pfeiffer, Lisa & Lin, C.Y. Cynthia, 2009. "Groundwater Pumping and Spatial Externalities in Agriculture," Working Papers 225899, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Qiuqiong Huang & Jinxia Wang & Scott Rozelle & Stephen Polasky & Yang Liu, 2013.
"The Effects of Well Management and the Nature of the Aquifer on Groundwater Resources,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 95(1), pages 94-116.
- Huang, Qiuqiong & Liu, Yang & Rozelle, Scott & Polasky, Stephen & Wang, Jingxia, 2009. "The Effects of Well Management and the Nature of the Aquifer on Groundwater Resources," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 49920, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jordan F. Suter & Joshua M. Duke & Kent D. Messer & Holly A. Michael, 2012. "Behavior in a Spatially Explicit Groundwater Resource: Evidence from the Lab," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1094-1112.
- Knapp Keith C. & Olson Lars J., 1995. "The Economics of Conjunctive Groundwater Management with Stochastic Surface Supplies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 340-356, May.
- Kun C. Lee & Cameron Short & Earl O. Heady, 1981. "Optimal Groundwater Mining in the Ogallala Aquifer: Estimation of Economic Losses and Excessive Depletion Due to Commonality," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 81-wp1, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric C. Edwards, 2016. "What Lies Beneath? Aquifer Heterogeneity and the Economics of Groundwater Management," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(2), pages 453-491.
- repec:eee:resene:v:51:y:2018:i:c:p:67-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Steven M. Smith, 2017. "Economic Incentives and Conservation: Crowding-in Social Norms in a Groundwater Commons," Working Papers 2017-08, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Collie, Samuel, 2015. "Accounting for well capacity in the economic decision making of groundwater users," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205783, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Andrew B. Ayres & Eric C. Edwards & Gary D. Libecap, 2017. "How Transaction Costs Obstruct Collective Action: Evidence from California’s Groundwater," NBER Working Papers 23382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hrozencik, Robert Aaron & Manning, Dale T., 2016. "Groundwater Management Policy Evaluation with a Spatial-Dynamic Hydro-Economic Modelling Framework," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 236116, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsCommon pool resource; Darcy's Law; Hydraulic conductivity; Numerical optimization; Strategic behavior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:95:y:2013:i:c:p:31-40. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.