Regulation and the financial performance of Canadian agribusinesses
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Calum G. Turvey & Linda Lake & Erna van Duren & David Sparling, 2000. "The relationship between economic value added and the stock market performance of agribusiness firms," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 399-416.
- Detre, Joshua D. & Gunderson, Michael A. & Briggeman, Brian C., 2008. "Identifying Abnormal Returns to Food and Agribusiness Stocks on Key Farm Policy Legislative Dates," Journal of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics Association of Georgia, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-19.
- Fatma Sine Tepe & Xiaodong Du & David A. Hennessy, 2011.
"The impact of biofuels policy on agribusiness stock prices,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 179-192, Spring.
- Tepe, Fatma Sine & Du, Xiaodong & Hennessy, David A., 2010. "The Impact of Biofuels Policy on Agribusiness Stock Prices," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 60987, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tepe, Fatma & Du, Xiaodong & Hennessy, David A., 2011. "The Impact of Biofuels Policy on Agribusiness Stock Prices," Staff General Research Papers Archive 32530, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Zijun Wang & Victoria Salin & Neal Hooker & David Leatham, 2002. "Stock market reaction to food recalls: a GARCH application," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(15), pages 979-987.
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R. & Scott, Winifred, 2008. "Quarterly Earnings Estimates for Publicly Traded Agribusinesses: An Evaluation," 2008 Annual Meeting, June 23-24, 2008, Big Sky, Montana 42436, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Armitage, Seth, 1995. " Event Study Methods and Evidence on Their Performance," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 25-52, March.
- Gunderson, Michael A. & Moss, Charles B., 2007. "Using APT to Assess the Impact of Farm Policy on Agribusiness Stocks," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9775, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Mario Mazzocchi & Maddalena Ragona & Melanie Fritz, 2009. "Stock market response to food safety regulations," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 571-595, December.
- David Sparling & Calum G. Turvey, 2003. "Further thoughts on the relationship between economic value added and stock market performance," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 255-267.
- Moss, Charles B. & Mishra, Ashok K. & Dedah, Cheikhna O., 2009. "Decomposing Agricultural Profitability Using DuPont Expansion and Theil’s Information Approach," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49524, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Michael R. Thomsen & Andrew M. McKenzie, 2001. "Market Incentives for Safe Foods: An Examination of Shareholder Losses from Meat and Poultry Recalls," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 526-538.
More about this item
KeywordsCanada; Stock returns; Profit; Food regulation; Agribusiness; Publicly traded; Event study; Du Pont identity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:afrpps:v:71:y:2011:i:2:p:201-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.