Formal and Informal Institutions in a Transition Economy: The Case of Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1999.
"Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1285-1320.
- McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 1998. "Inter-Firm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," CEPR Discussion Papers 2036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1998. "Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 132, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1998. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?"," Working Papers 98007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Avinash Dixit, 2009. "Governance Institutions and Economic Activity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(1), pages 5-24, March.
- Lyons, Bruce R, 1994. "Contracts and Specific Investment: An Empirical Test of Transaction Cost Theory," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 257-278, Summer.
- Simon Johnson & John McMillan, 2002. "Courts and Relational Contracts," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 221-277, April.
- Woodruff, Christopher, 1998. "Contract enforcement and trade liberalization in Mexico's footwear industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 979-991, June.
- Telser, L G, 1980. "A Theory of Self-enforcing Agreements," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 27-44, January.
- Daniel Kaufmann & Aart Kraay, 2002. "Growth without Governance," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2002), pages 169-230, August.
- Dani Rodrik, 2007. "Introductiion to One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth," Introductory Chapters,in: One Economics, Many Recipes: Globalization, Institutions, and Economic Growth Princeton University Press.
- Hendley, Kathryn & Murrell, Peter, 2003.
"Which mechanisms support the fulfillment of sales agreements?: Asking decision-makers in firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 49-54, January.
- Kathryn Hendley & Peter Murrell, 2003. "Which mechanisms support the fulfillment of sales agreements? Asking decision-makers in firm," Electronic Working Papers 03-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics.
- Steer, Liesbet & Taussig, Markus, 2002. "A little engine that could: domestic private companies and Vietnam?s pressing need for wage employment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2873, The World Bank.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:30:y:1996:i:4:p:1212-1216 is not listed on IDEAS
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand & Finn Tarp, 2009. "Enterprise Growth and Survival in Vietnam: Does Government Support Matter?," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 1048-1069, August.
- McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 1999. "Dispute Prevention without Courts in Vietnam," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 637-658, October.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
- Stoyan Tenev & Amanda Carlier & Omar Chaudry & Quynh-Trang Nguyen, 2003. "Informality and the Playing Field in Vietnam's Business Sector," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15084.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Sekkat, Khalid, 2015.
"The formal and informal institutional framework of capital accumulation,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 754-771.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2013. "The formal and informal institutional framework of capital accumulation," Working Papers CEB 13-036, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Khalid Sekkat & Pierre-Guillaume Méon, 2015. "The formal and informal institutional framework of capital accumulation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/177370, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ritchie, Holly A., 2016. "Unwrapping Institutional Change in Fragile Settings: Women Entrepreneurs Driving Institutional Pathways in Afghanistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 39-53.
- Berulava, George, 2013. "Do Trust-Based Relations Improve Firm’s Performance? Evidence from Transition Economies," MPRA Paper 48430, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ksa:szemle:1740 is not listed on IDEAS
- Svatopluk Kapounek, 2017.
"The Impact of Institutional Quality on Bank Lending Activity: Evidence from Bayesian Model Averaging,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver),
Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 67(5), pages 372-395, October.
- Svatopluk Kapounek, 2016. "The Impact of Institutional Quality on Bank Lending Activity: Evidence from Bayesian Model Averaging," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2016-69, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Khalid Sekkat, 2013. "The Formal and Informal Framework of Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers 810, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2013.
More about this item
Keywordsinstitutions private sector transactions risk Vietnam;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:38:y:2010:i:11:p:1603-1615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.