Enterprise Growth and Survival in Vietnam: Does Government Support Matter?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James R. Tybout, 2000.
"Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 11-44, March.
- Tybout, James, 1998. "Manufacuring firms in developing countries - how well do they do, and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1965, The World Bank.
- James Tybout, 1998. "Manufacturing Firms In Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, And Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9805004, EconWPA.
- James Tybout, 1999. "Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9906001, EconWPA, revised 10 Jun 1999.
- John Sutton, 1997. "Gibrat's Legacy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 40-59, March.
- Soderbom, Mans & Teal, Francis & Harding, Alan, 2006. "The Determinants of Survival among African Manufacturing Firms," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 533-555, April.
- Richard Ericson & Ariel Pakes, 1995. "Markov-Perfect Industry Dynamics: A Framework for Empirical Work," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(1), pages 53-82.
- Carol Newman & John Rand & Finn Tarp, 2007.
"Sector Switching: An Unexplored Dimension of Firm Dynamics in Developing Countries,"
Trinity Economics Papers
tep1007, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Carol Newman & John Rand & Finn Tarp, 2007. "Sector Switching: An Unexplored Dimension of Firm Dynamics in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 07-22, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Carol Newman & John Rand & Finn Tarp, 2007. "Sector Switching: An Unexplored Dimension of Firm Dynamics in Developing Countries," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp230, IIIS.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-670, May.
- Richard E. Caves, 1998. "Industrial Organization and New Findings on the Turnover and Mobility of Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1947-1982, December.
- Stoyan Tenev & Amanda Carlier & Omar Chaudry & Quynh-Trang Nguyen, 2003. "Informality and the Playing Field in Vietnam's Business Sector," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15084, August.
- Hehui Jin & Yingyi Qian, 1998. "Public Versus Private Ownership of Firms: Evidence from Rural China," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(3), pages 773-808.
- Pablo Fajnzylber & William F. Maloney & Gabriel V. Montes-Rojas, 2009. "Releasing Constraints to Growth or Pushing on a String? Policies and Performance of Mexican Micro-Firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(7), pages 1027-1047, August.
- Iqbal, Farrukh & Urata, Shujiro, 2002. "Small Firm Dynamism in East Asia: An Introductory Overview," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 18(1-3), pages 1-12, Feb.- May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gupta, Himanshu & Barua, Mukesh Kumar, 2016. "Identifying enablers of technological innovation for Indian MSMEs using best–worst multi criteria decision making method," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 69-79.
- Steer, Liesbet & Sen, Kunal, 2010. "Formal and Informal Institutions in a Transition Economy: The Case of Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1603-1615, November.
- Vu, Van Huong, 2012. "Private manufacturing SMEs survival and growth in Vietnam: The role of export participation," MPRA Paper 42489, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christine Ngoc Ngo & Miao Chi, 2017. "Differentials in market constraints and value addition among micro, small, and medium enterprises in Viet Nam," WIDER Working Paper Series 082, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:97:y:2017:i:c:p:79-101 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bbn:journl:2017_3_2_zuba is not listed on IDEAS
- Staniewski, Marcin W., 2016. "The contribution of business experience and knowledge to successful entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 5147-5152.
- Benedikter, Simon & Waibel, Gabi & Birtel, Serge & Bui, Cuong The & Tran, Be Thanh, 2013. "Local Entrepreneurship in Vietnam’s Rural Transformation. A Case Study from the Mekong Delta," MPRA Paper 49866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thomas Gries & Ha van Dung, 2014. "Institutional environment, human capital, and firm growth: Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers CIE 83, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- repec:bbn:journl:2017_3_4_pop is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam J. Fforde, 2009. "Luck, Policy or Something Else Entirely? Vietnam’s Economic Performance in 2009 and Prospects for 2010," Journal of Current Southeast Asian Affairs, Institute of Asian Studies, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 28(4), pages 71-94.
- Huong Vu & Steven Lim, 2013. "Exports and Firm survival: The first evidence from Vietnam private manufacturing SMEs," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1259-1268.
- repec:bla:asiaec:v:31:y:2017:i:1:p:83-109 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ari Kokko & Tran Toan Thang, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Survival of Domestic Private Firms in Viet Nam," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 31(1), pages 53-91, March.
- repec:bbn:journl:2017_3_3_lupu is not listed on IDEAS
- Frederico Roch, 2014. "Does Governmental Support To Innovation Have Positive Effect On R&D Investments? Evidence From Brazil," Anais do XLI Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 41st Brazilian Economics Meeting] 165, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Caroline Krafft, 2016. "Understanding the Dynamics of Household Enterprises in Egypt: Birth, Death, Growth and Transformation," Working Papers 983, Economic Research Forum, revised Mar 2016.
- Nguyen Trong, Co & Vu Van, Huong & Bartolacci, Francesca, 2017. "Government support and firm financial performance: New evidence from a transitional economy," MPRA Paper 81752, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tien Manh Vu & Hiroyuki Yamada & Tsunehiro Otsuki, 2014. "The rise and fall of multinational enterprises in Vietnam: survival analysis using census data during 2000-2011," OSIPP Discussion Paper 14E001, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
- John Rand & Finn Tarp, 2012. "Firm-Level Corruption in Vietnam," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(3), pages 571-595.
- Doan, Quang Hung & Vu, Hoang Nam & Dao, Ngoc Tien, 2013. "Sub-National Institutions and Firm Survival in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 63653, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vu, Van Huong, 2012. "Higher productivity in Exporters: self-selection, learning by exporting or both? Evidence from Vietnamese manufacturing SMEs," MPRA Paper 40708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bbn:journl:2017_3_1_negrusa is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:asiaps:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:50-69 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:45:y:2009:i:7:p:1048-1069. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.