Managing equity : The case of road pricing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- E T Verhoef, 1994.
"Efficiency and equity in externalities: a partial equilibrium analysis,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 26(3), pages 361-382, March.
- E T Verhoef, 1994. "Efficiency and Equity in Externalities: A Partial Equilibrium Analysis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 26(3), pages 361-382, March.
- Jones, Peter & Hervik, Arild, 1992. "Restraining car traffic in European cities: An emerging role for road pricing," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 133-145, March.
- R. Isaac & Deborah Mathieu & Edward Zajac, 1991. "Institutional framing and perceptions of fairness," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 329-370, September.
- Owens, Susan, 1995. "From 'predict and provide' to 'predict and prevent'?: Pricing and planning in transport policy," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 43-49, January.
- World Commission on Environment and Development,, 1987. "Our Common Future," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780192820808.
- P Healey, 1996. "The Communicative Turn in Planning Theory and its Implications for Spatial Strategy Formation," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 23(2), pages 217-234, April.
- Hau, Timothy D., 1992. "Economic fundamentals of road pricing : a diagrammatic analysis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1070, The World Bank.
- E Trinder & A Hay & J Dignan & P Else & J Skorupski, 1991. "Concepts of equity, fairness, and justice in British transport legislation, 1960 - 88," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 9(1), pages 31-50, February.
- A Hay & E Trinder, 1991. "Concepts of equity, fairness, and justice expressed by local transport policymakers," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 9(4), pages 453-465, August.
- Small, Kenneth A., 1992.
"Using the Revenues from Congestion Pricing,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt32p9m3mm, University of California Transportation Center.
- Small, Kenneth A., 2001. "Using the Revenues from Congestion Pricing," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt7170x9b0, University of California Transportation Center.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- P Healey, 1996. "The communicative turn in planning theory and its implications for spatial strategy formations," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(2), pages 217-234, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:63:y:2018:i:c:p:98-107 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dominika Kalinowska & Karl W. Steininger, 2010. "Entwicklung eines allgemeinen Gleichgewichtsmodells zur Analyse preispolitischer Maßnahmen im Verkehr," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 79(2), pages 221-229.
- Satoshi Fujii & Tommy Gärling & Cecilia Jakobsson & Rong-Chang Jou, 2004. "A cross-country study of fairness and infringement on freedom as determinants of car owners' acceptance of road pricing," Transportation, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 285-295, August.
- Karel Martens, 2012. "Justice in transport as justice in accessibility: applying Walzer’s ‘Spheres of Justice’ to the transport sector," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1035-1053, November.
- Ryley, Tim & Gjersoe, Nathalia, 2006. "Newspaper response to the Edinburgh congestion charging proposals," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 66-73, January.
- Agachai Sumalee & Simon Shepherd & Anthony May, 2009. "Road user charging design: dealing with multi-objectives and constraints," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 167-186, March.
- Eliasson, Jonas, 2008. "Lessons from the Stockholm congestion charging trial," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 395-404, November.
- Bonsall, Peter & Young, William, 2010. "Is there a case for replacing parking charges by road user charges?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 323-334, September.
- Shaowu Cheng & Qian Gao & Yaping Zhang, 2016. "Evaluating the Impacts of Bus Fare on Social Equity Based on IC Card Data in China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-15, October.
- repec:eee:transa:v:105:y:2017:i:c:p:79-94 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sumalee, Agachai & May, Tony & Shepherd, Simon, 2005. "Comparison of judgmental and optimal road pricing cordons," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 384-390, September.
- Lam, William H. K. & Tam, M. L., 1997. "Why standard modelling and evaluation procedures are inadequate for assessing traffic congestion measures," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 217-223, October.
- Hoffman, Karla & Berardino, Frank & Hunter, George, 2013. "Congestion pricing applications to manage high temporal demand for public services and their relevance to air space management," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 28-41.
- Caggiani, Leonardo & Camporeale, Rosalia & Ottomanelli, Michele, 2017. "Facing equity in transportation Network Design Problem: A flexible constraints based model," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 9-17.
- Tikoudis, Ioannis & Verhoef, Erik T. & van Ommeren, Jos N., 2015.
"On revenue recycling and the welfare effects of second-best congestion pricing in a monocentric city,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 32-47.
- Ioannis Tikoudis & Erik T. Verhoef & Jos N. van Ommeren, 2013. "On Revenue Recycling and the Welfare Effects of Second-Best Congestion Pricing in a Monocentric City," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-031/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Yang, Di & Kastrouni, Eirini & Zhang, Lei, 2016. "Equitable and progressive distance-based user charges design and evaluation of income-based mileage fees in Maryland," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 169-177.
- Jenelius, Erik, 2010. "User inequity implications of road network vulnerability," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 2(3), pages 57-73.
- Pronello, Cristina & Rappazzo, Valentina, 2014. "Road pricing: How people perceive a hypothetical introduction. The case of Lyon," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 192-205.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:4:y:1997:i:1:p:25-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.