Measuring traveler involvement in urban public transport services: The case of Kaohsiung
The city of Kaohsiung has been urgently reducing its rates of ownership and usage of privately owned motor vehicles. The most important strategy undertaken thus far has been to build mass rapid transit systems. This study aims to apply the Involvement Theory to construct an inventory to measure level of travelers' involvement in public transport services. The results indicate that the number of low involvement travelers is the critical factor that determines whether the new public transport system can effectively operate. They also provide authorities with precise marketing strategies targeting different groups in order to allow the new public transport systems to sufficiently meet public needs.
Volume (Year): 17 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mackett, Roger L. & Edwards, Marion, 1998. "The impact of new urban public transport systems: will the expectations be met?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 231-245, May.
- Henry Kaiser, 1974. "An index of factorial simplicity," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 39(1), pages 31-36, March.
- Ayako Taniguchi & Satoshi Fujii, 2007. "Promoting Public Transport Using Marketing Techniques in Mobility Management and Verifying their Quantitative Effects," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 37-49, January.
- Zaichkowsky, Judith Lynne, 1985. " Measuring the Involvement Construct," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 341-52, December.
- Gabbott, Mark & Hogg, Gillian, 1999. "Consumer Involvement in Services: A Replication and Extension," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 159-166, October.
- Petty, Richard E & Cacioppo, John T & Schumann, David, 1983. " Central and Peripheral Routes to Advertising Effectiveness: The Moderating Role of Involvement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 135-46, September.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Russell-Bennett, Rebekah & McColl-Kennedy, Janet R. & Coote, Leonard V., 2007. "Involvement, satisfaction, and brand loyalty in a small business services setting," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(12), pages 1253-1260, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:17:y:2010:i:6:p:444-453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.