Competition effect of a new mobile technology on an incumbent technology: An Indian case study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John A. Norton & Frank M. Bass, 1987. "A Diffusion Theory Model of Adoption and Substitution for Successive Generations of High-Technology Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(9), pages 1069-1086, September.
- Pierre Vialle & Junjie Song & Jian Zhang, 2012. "Competing with dominant global standards in a catching-up context. The case of mobile standards in China," Post-Print hal-01289708, HAL.
- Kano, Sadahiko, 2000. "Technical innovations, standardization and regional comparison -- a case study in mobile communications," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 305-321, May.
- Roshan L. Chaddha & Sharad S. Chitgopekar, 1971. "A "Generalization" of the Logistic Curves and Long-Range Forecasts (1966-1991) of Residence Telephones," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(2), pages 542-560, Autumn.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2001.
"The diffusion of mobile telecommunications services in the European Union,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 577-588, March.
- Gruber, H. & Verboven, F.L., 1998. "The Diffusion of Mobile Telecommunications Services in the European Union," Discussion Paper 1998-138, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gruber, H. & Verboven, F.L., 1998. "The Diffusion of Mobile Telecommunications Services in the European Union," Other publications TiSEM 2ce83698-fb1f-490b-a986-e, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 1999. "The Diffusion of Mobile Telecommunications Services in the European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 2054, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jho, Whasun, 2007. "Global political economy of technology standardization: A case of the Korean mobile telecommunications market," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 124-138, March.
- Rouvinen, Petri, 2006.
"Diffusion of digital mobile telephony: Are developing countries different?,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 46-63, February.
- Petri Rouvinen, 2004. "Diffusion of Digital Mobile Telephony: Are Developing Countries Different?," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2004-13, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rouvinen, Petri, 2004. "Diffusion of Digital Mobile Telephony - Are Devoloping Countries Different?," Discussion Papers 901, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Hyndman, Rob J. & Koehler, Anne B., 2006.
"Another look at measures of forecast accuracy,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 679-688.
- Rob J. Hyndman & Anne B. Koehler, 2005. "Another Look at Measures of Forecast Accuracy," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/05, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Mohammad Tsani Annafari & Sven Lindmark & Erik Bohlin, 2012. "Intergenerational effects of mobile telecommunications service diffusion in Sweden," International Journal of Management and Network Economics, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(4), pages 357-373.
- Maurer, Sebastian M. & Huberman, Bernardo A., 2003. "Competitive dynamics of web sites," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(11-12), pages 2195-2206, September.
- Gruber,Harald, 2005. "The Economics of Mobile Telecommunications," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521843270, April.
- Hwang, Junseok & Cho, Youngsang & Long, Nguyen Viet, 2009. "Investigation of factors affecting the diffusion of mobile telephone services: An empirical analysis for Vietnam," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 534-543, October.
- V. Srinivasan & Charlotte H. Mason, 1986. "Technical Note—Nonlinear Least Squares Estimation of New Product Diffusion Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 169-178.
- Geroski, P. A., 2000. "Models of technology diffusion," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 603-625, April.
- Jeffrey Funk, 2009. "The co-evolution of technology and methods of standard setting: the case of the mobile phone industry," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 73-93, February.
- Vialle, Pierre & Song, Junjie & Zhang, Jian, 2012. "Competing with dominant global standards in a catching-up context. The case of mobile standards in China," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 832-846.
- Jang, Show-Ling & Dai, Shau-Chi & Sung, Simona, 2005. "The pattern and externality effect of diffusion of mobile telecommunications: the case of the OECD and Taiwan," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 133-148, March.
- Heli Koski & Tobias Kretschmer, 2004.
"Entry, Standards and Competition: Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 26(1), pages 89-113, November.
- Koski, Heli & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2002. "Entry, Standards and Competition : Firm Strategies and the Diffusion of Mobile Telephony," Discussion Papers 824, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Koski, Heli & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2005. "Entry, standards and competition : firm strategies and the diffusion of mobile telephony," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 801, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Casey, Thomas R. & Töyli, Juuso, 2012. "Mobile voice diffusion and service competition: A system dynamic analysis of regulatory policy," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 162-174.
- Maurer, Sebastian M. & Huberman, Bernardo A., 2003. "Competitive dynamics of web sites," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 2195-2206.
- Namwoon Kim & Dae Ryun Chang & Allan D. Shocker, 2000. "Modeling Intercategory and Generational Dynamics for A Growing Information Technology Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(4), pages 496-512, April.
- Gupta, Ruchita & Jain, Karuna, 2012. "Diffusion of mobile telephony in India: An empirical study," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 709-715.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Avila, Luz Angelica Pirir & Lee, Deok-Joo & Kim, Taegu, 2018. "Diffusion and competitive relationship of mobile telephone service in Guatemala: An empirical analysis," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 116-126.
- Barman, Hemanta & Dutta, Mrinal Kanti & Nath, Hiranya K., 2018. "The telecommunications divide among Indian states," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 530-551.
- Ashutosh Jha & Debashis Saha, 2019. "Examining categorization of Telecom Circles in India using unsupervised k-means clustering on techno-economic indicators," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 46(4), pages 365-383, December.
More about this item
KeywordsMobile technology; Diffusion; Competition; GSM; CDMA; India;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:40:y:2016:i:4:p:332-342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.