An estimation of the pattern of diffusion of mobile phones: the case of Colombia
In this paper we fond that the difusion pattern of mobile telephony in Colombia can be best haracterised as following a Logistic curve. Although in recent years the rate of growth of mobile phone subscribers has started to slow down, we find evidence that there is still room for further expansion as thesaturation level is expected to be reached in five years time. The estimated saturation level is consistent with some individuals possessing more than one mobile device.
|Date of creation:||02 Nov 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luis Hernando Gutierrez & Luis Fernando Gamboa, 2008. "An approximation to the digital divide among low income people in Colombia, Mexico and Perú: two composite indexes," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 004710, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Grajek, Michal & Kretschmer, Tobias, 2009.
"Usage and diffusion of cellular telephony, 1998-2004,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 238-249, March.
- Michal Grajek & Tobias Kretschmer, 2006. "Usage and Diffusion of Cellular Telephony, 1998-2004," CIG Working Papers SP II 2006-20, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Michal Grajek & Tobias Kretschmer, 2007. "Usage and diffusion of cellular telephony, 1998-2004," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-07-003, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Michal Grajek & Tobias Kretschmer, 2006. "Usage and Diffusion of Cellular Telephony, 1998-2004," Working Papers 06-21, NET Institute, revised Oct 2006.
- S. Mahendra Dev, 2008. "India," Chapters, in: Handbook on the South Asian Economies, chapter 1 Edward Elgar.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 2001.
"The diffusion of mobile telecommunications services in the European Union,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 577-588, March.
- Gruber, H. & Verboven, F.L., 1998. "The Diffusion of Mobile Telecommunications Services in the European Union," Discussion Paper 1998-138, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gruber, Harald & Verboven, Frank, 1999. "The Diffusion of Mobile Telecommunications Services in the European Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 2054, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Silvia Massini, 2004. "The diffusion of mobile telephony in Italy and the UK: an empirical investigation," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 251-277.
- Luis Fernando Gamboa & Luis Hernando Gutiérrez, 2008. "Use of informal mobile telephony in low income households in Colombia," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 004749, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Botelho, Anabela & Pinto, L.C.Lígia Costa, 0. "The diffusion of cellular phones in Portugal," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 427-437, June.
- Banerjee, Aniruddha & Ros, Agustin J., 2004. "Patterns in global fixed and mobile telecommunications development: a cluster analysis," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 107-132, March.
- Singh, Sanjay Kumar, 0. "The diffusion of mobile phones in India," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9-10), pages 642-651, October.
- Fildes, Robert & Kumar, V., 2002. "Telecommunications demand forecasting--a review," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 489-522.
- McCloughan, Patrick & Lyons, Sean, 0. "Accounting for ARPU: New evidence from international panel data," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(10-11), pages 521-532, November.
- Doganoglu, Toker & Grzybowski, Lukasz, 2007. "Estimating network effects in mobile telephony in Germany," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 65-79, March.
- Geroski, Paul A, 1999.
"Models of Technology Diffusion,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2146, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barros, Pedro Luis Pita & Cadima, Nuno, 2000. "The Impact of Mobile Phone Diffusion on the Fixed-Link Network," CEPR Discussion Papers 2598, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000092:005149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paola Villalobos)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.